Roosevelt Island's New Orion VII Next Gen's.

Queens Surface

Try the stop near the (F), i'm not sure if they stop by the tramway anymore because of the construction across the street.

- A

yup...i can definitely do that.

Or,

if by any chance the (F) runs on the (E)(V) lines again, ill just take the (E)(R) to Queens Plaza, or the (N)(7) to Queensboro Plaza, transfer to the Q102 bus and have it take me into the Island and get off at the Roosevelt Island (F) station. So far its running via 63 St in both directions, lets hope they dont do any last minute changes.

Try the stop near the (F), i'm not sure if they stop by the tramway anymore because of the construction across the street.

- A

The subway is not too far from the tramway station, so that doesn't prevent anyone from taking the tramway to RI and walking to the stop at the (F).

The subway is not too far from the tramway station, so that doesn't prevent anyone from taking the tramway to RI and walking to the stop at the (F).

Do that all the time. Suggested the (F), since taking the tramway is a few blocks from the subway in manhattan. :):tup:

- A

Wow 25 cents thats nice and 10 cent for the others.. Man i bet hardly anyone whos staying in the Island use the Q102 since its 1.10-2.25 :)!

The Q102 runs only once every 30 minutes (20 minutes during rush hours), and each bus alternates between starting/finishing at either the Coler or the Goldwater Hospital, so the effective headway for either terminal is 40 minutes or an hour. I doubt too many use the bus to get to Queens with such long headways.

However, the red RIOC buses are only for intra-island transport, so to get to Manhattan proper (Roosevelt Island is considered part of Manhattan) or Queens, one has to take either the Q102, the (F) or the tramway, and they all cost $2.25.

• 4 months later...

The RIOC has purchased former DBNA Orion VII NG Hybrid demonstrator 1294A. Some of you may recall this bus was used around New York in 2007 for demonstration purposes. It has since been retrofitted with a Lithium-Ion battery and has been undergoing some work at the Mississauga plant to bring it up to RIOC specifications (mainly a paint job).

Here's a shot I snapped of it the other day:

rioc-a.jpg

The RIOC has purchased former DBNA Orion VII NG Hybrid demonstrator 1294A. Some of you may recall this bus was used around New York in 2007 for demonstration purposes. It has since been retrofitted with a Lithium-Ion battery and has been undergoing some work at the Mississauga plant to bring it up to RIOC specifications (mainly a paint job).

Here's a shot I snapped of it the other day:

rioc-a.jpg

Wasnt that the one they had for sale on ebay a while back?

Archived