2L91's Fantasy Map

2Line1291

Yes, Rogers Junction is rebuilt on my fantasy map. This was just a fun draft so a lot of things on here is subject to change. I was sure yah was gonna say somethin about the (5) from Dyre Ave to New Lots late nights - I do agree its an overkill (I just did that for fun) so that will be changed. The (N) terminates at 11th Ave-62nd St because of the Trump development going there w/ the addition of a Metro-North stop http://www.mta.info/mta/planning/psas/overview.htmlwhen Metro-North goes to Penn Station. I will be labeling my stations and expect somethin good on the next go round

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Rogers Junction is rebuilt on my fantasy map. This was just a fun draft so a lot of things on here is subject to change. I was sure yah was gonna say somethin about the (5) from Dyre Ave to New Lots late nights - I do agree its an overkill (I just did that for fun) so that will be changed. The (N) terminates at 11th Ave-62nd St because of the Trump development going there w/ the addition of a Metro-North stop http://www.mta.info/mta/planning/psas/overview.htmlwhen Metro-North goes to Penn Station. I will be labeling my stations and expect somethin good on the next go round

By rebuilt, do you mean this:

RogersJunctionTrackMap.jpg

Subway20Map-1.gif?t=1263358695

(2) 241st St to Bklyn College (extended to Kings Plaza late nights)

(3) 148th St to Flatlands Ave. Extended to Flatlands Ave to promote big development in East NY

(4) Woodlawn to Utica (to Flatlands Ave late nights) Back to being the sole train on Woodlawn line

(5) Dyre Ave to Kings Plaza all times (Dyre Ave to 180th late nights)

(6) Bay Plaza to Bklyn Bridge

(7) 34th St-Javits Center to 221st St via Roosevelt Ave and Northern Blvd

11 Whitestone LCL from 34th St-Javits Center to Whitestone via College Point Blvd and 14th St

(A) 207th St to Mott Ave all times

(C) 168th St to Lefferts Blvd via 8th Ave LCL and Fulton EXP

(D) Bay Plaza to Coney Island via Burke Ave and Gun Hill Rd

(E) 229th St to WTC via Dunkirk Ave and Linden Blvd

(F) Springfield Blvd to Coney Island <F> Culver Express

(J) Broad St to 190th St via *new Jamaica El and Jamaica Ave <J> Jamaica Express

K 14th St-Rockaway LCL from 10th Ave-34th St to Rockaway Beach via old Jamaica El/Fulton St and Atlantic Ave (Broadway Junction to Rockaway Beach late nights)

(L) 10th Ave-34th St to Canarsie

(N) 11th Ave-62nd St to Coney Island. Extended to 11th Ave to promote Trump development along w/ planned Metro North's 62nd St station.

(Q) 125th St to Coney Island

(T) Fordham to Euclid Ave via 3rd Ave and Fulton LCL

V 179th St to Hanover Square

(W) 81st St to Whitehall St

JFK Airtrain connecting (A) train and Jamaica Queens

LGA Airtrain connecting (W) train and Flushing Queens

Nice job!

Main nitpick is 2nd Av isn't that far on the east side though, the lower segment of manhattan is shifted towards the east. Well actually the map isn't accurate and 2nd Av is supposed to be closer to the left.

My basis for 2nd Av is more like the 3rd Av stop on the L.

Also I don't think you really need the N to go there. And you should have a line under 125th St.

Cool!

Instead of extending the (T) via 3rd Avenue in the Bronx, which costs money and has low demand, attach it to the Concourse line, and cut the (:D back to 145 St at all times. Not sure which one would be exp/local.

Also, the Kcan.png of yours is not needed. The capacity of the Canarsie line would be exceeded with the (L) and Kcan.png there at the same time.

Lastly, do something with SI please! See my map for an example.

Nice job!

Main nitpick is 2nd Av isn't that far on the east side though, the lower segment of manhattan is shifted towards the east. Well actually the map isn't accurate and 2nd Av is supposed to be closer to the left.

My basis for 2nd Av is more like the 3rd Av stop on the L.

Also I don't think you really need the N to go there. And you should have a line under 125th St.

I know 2nd Ave isnt that far on the east side and to be honest the official MTA subway map isnt accurate at all so why be accurate w/ 2nd Ave.

I know 2nd Ave isnt that far on the east side and to be honest the official MTA subway map isnt accurate at all so why be accurate w/ 2nd Ave.

Actually, the official NYC Subway map is relatively geographically accurate. Reason being is that locals use the map to judge walking distances to actual locations as well as comparing the location of a bus stop with a subway station.

Geographically accurate maps are easier for locals but harder for tourists to understand. An example of a map that was made with clarity instead of geographical correctness in mind would be the Massimo Vignelli subway map (terribly Modernist).

Only thing is the Flatbush Av segment of the (5) is a bit off. My hint is to use the Gill Hodges bridge as a reference since Flatbush is strait [more or less] all the way to the bridge.

That (5) extension in Brooklyn has to extend at a 30 degree angle (lower) to what you've drawn in this one. Refer to my map for an idea of the geometry.

A lot of people work there. IDK if many people work on the Far West.

Well, transit is supposed to serve two purposes, no? Get people to their jobs/places of commerce and in turn, get them home. The businesses on the west side might not be huge, but certainly the residential population is. Perhaps an entire line isn't warranted, but we are talking fantasy here. Maybe I'll do it when I get a few minutes to mess with the app.

IDK if that (3) extension is really needed.

Also, make some kind of (1) express. One way to do this is:

(:) via Woodlawn

(T) via Concourse

(4) via new 125 Street crosstown and via Upper Broadway express.

Definite no to any IND/BMT running on Woodlawn - that's what the (4) is known for and you're welcome for running the (4) via Broadway

A lot of people work there. IDK if many people work on the Far West.

There's a lot of development going on west of 10th Avenue, and lets face it there's no good way to take the subway to a lot of the attractions on the Hudson.

I'm personally in favor of continuing the (7) extension all the way down into the West Village, possibly to the WTC site to connect up with the whole Fulton Street Transit deal.

Archived