(3)Harlem-148th to New Lots Av all times

(4)Woodlawn to Kings Plaza all times

* via Brooklyn Exp all times, local after Franklin Av, Utica Local

(5)Dyre Av to Crown Heights-Utica Av

* Dyre Av to E.180th late nights

(:)Throggs Neck-Miles Av to Coney Island all times

* via S.Bronx Local, CPW/6th Av Exp, and BMT West End

(C)168th St to Lefferts Av

* via 8th Ave Local and Fulton Exp (Lefferts to Euclid Av late nights)

(D)White Plains Rd to Brighton Beach (White Plains Rd to 145th St late nights)

* via CPW Local, Brighton Exp. <(D)> Concourse Exp rush hours only

(E)Cambria Heights-229th St to Bay-Ridge 95th St all times

* via Queens Exp, 8th Av Local, 4th Av Local

(N)LaGuardia to Coney Island all times

* via Broadway Local and 4th Av Local. *NEW* Sea Beach Super-Exp <(N)> all times except late nights.

(Q)Lexington Av-125th to Coney Island all times

(R)Arlington-Roxbury St to 188th St-Union Turnpike all times

* via North Shore Local, 4th Av and Broadway Exp, Queens Local

(W) eliminated

NYCSubwayMap-3.gif

Changes:

(:PThroggs Neck-Miles Av to Coney Island all times

* via Broadway Local and 4th Av Local. *NEW* Sea Beach Super-Exp <(N)> all times except late nights.

(W) eliminated

I love this map!

I should venture into the subway sector of the forum a little more often... didn't know people started making/illustrating subway maps....

anyway... my critique's of the last guy's map (2Line1291)...

- service down utica av... I disagree... south of Av H, Utica is rather quiet (I won't say dead)... also not sure about your choice of stations along that line...

Subway service would be far more prevalent if you had it goin down flatbush, to kings plaza, instead of down Utica....

- What is that supposed to be, around Flushing meadows/corona park?

- What is that E train (in Queens) supposed to be doing?

- Is that staten island line supposed to be going down richmond terrace?? bad idea if it is.....

- as GC pointed out... you may wanna rethink moving a subway line off the Nostrand av portion... a Utica av line is no substitute for only the 2 to travel along nostrand....

- explain your 4th av (brooklyn) scenario {what's express/ what's local}... I'm all kinds of confused.

- I'm always going to disagree w/ any 7 extension to the Javits ctr... guess you can ignore this one.

- Don't think the D & the T should be extended to gun hill/WPR.... just leave the T there.

- I take it you have a 2 local & a 2 express up there in the bronx, and the 5 is made local south of e 180th... with all 5 service going to dyre.... iono about that... I have mixed feelings about your changes regarding this part of your ideas/illustrations....

===============================

Pros.

- another line along Fulton st. (brooklyn).... Splendid.

IMO, doesn't even matter if it's express or local... the (C) is just... ugh.

- a Jamaica av express... check plus.

- finally someone that has a LGA AIRtrain serving BOTH Flushing & Astoria.... get rid of that terrible excuse of a bus route called the Q48.

- union tpke line... bingo!

- the fact that you're giving Rockaway (park) riders reliable service (instead of that shuttle nonsense)... smart man... those residents been screwed for decades....

- yeah, I guess if you're gonna extend a line to the javits ctr, let it be the L (and your K there)

- service to Bayside & Whitestone... yeah, the areas of North & East Queens are bus heavy/reliant... this would decrease the commuting times of NE riders (that currently take a bus to the 7) tenfold.... bus service can be eliminated in the process....

- I like the fact that you have (what looks like a) Lafayette av line....

Where would the Schley av & Miles av stops located (what cross streets) ?

I don't disagree with that first sentence...

What I will say is, the Q53 is the substitute for poor Rockaway park subway service... the line that sometimes extends to the corner (Rockaway bch. blvd) is proof enough of that....

I sincerely think his 'K' idea would take the majority of ppl. that rely on the Q53 (just to get off the island, alone), off of it; in the process, taking people from having to endure a two seat (three seat, if ppl are coming from well west of B. 116th) ride... and quite frankly, get ppl to manhattan faster than the A would, especially if these ppl are seeking service north of say, West 4th st (all assuming dude's got some kinda skip-stop service on his K, along the *current* L portion)... would avoid enduring the A while in lower manhattan, which does get/feel sluggish @ times....

the # of stops on his 'K' can be lessened, though....

- What is that supposed to be, around Flushing meadows/corona park?

I didn't know anyone would realize the little details, I used to have a LGA-JFK Airtrain running through there then I erased it

- What is that E train (in Queens) supposed to be doing?

What are you talking about? If you talking about the part after Merrick Blvd, it curves down Dunkirk Av then runs on Linden Blvd to 229th St
- Is that staten island line supposed to be going down richmond terrace?? bad idea if it is.....
What do you suggest?
- explain your 4th av (brooklyn) scenario {what's express/ what's local}... I'm all kinds of confused.
(E)(N) is 4th Av local and (:)(R) is 4th Av express. (M) goes to Bay Parkway rush hours like it does now

- I take it you have a 2 local & a 2 express up there in the bronx, and the 5 is made local south of e 180th... with all 5 service going to dyre.... iono about that... I have mixed feelings about your changes regarding this part of your ideas/illustrations....

Do you mind sharing your mixed feelings...
- I like the fact that you have (what looks like a) Lafayette av line....

Where would the Schley av & Miles av stops located (what cross streets) ?

Schley Av and Miles Av stops are located along East Tremont Av
Very nice! I like the J/Z running the whole length of Jamaica Av. Finally someone with an express segment on Jamaica Av.

I just don't think the 2 should be the only line going down Nostrand though. You should leave the 5 there.

It annoying how the (5) causes a bottleneck ruining the (2) and (3) service flow.
I love this map!
Thanks

Well it is a fantasy map and since you already have a major shift of the Jamaica el [J/Z moving from Fulton to Jamaica av] and an express stop at Woodhaven - I think you can just have Rogers Junction rebuilt so the local and express can enter the Nostrand line without the 5 just tying up local service.

Take it from this 2/5 rider. Both lines are needed. The 2 alone can't do the job.

NYCSubwayMap-3.gif

Changes:

(:)Throggs Neck-Miles Av to Coney Island all times

(W) eliminated

Excellent job (even if I don't agree with some of the routes)

Glad i'm not the only one who thinks it makes sense to extend the (N)(W) to Laguardia. It would create a direct link to the airport (like the orange line in chicago) without having to pay an extra 5 bux like you do for the airtrain @ jfk.

That line was originally planned to be extended all the way to college point as part of the old "IND second system" plan way back in the 30's. Queens really got the shaft on that one...

I like the fact that you have a pure Bronx crosstown route in the (:) line as well as both the 2nd Av (T) and the Concourse (D) heading to Gun Hill Road. This would provide much faster access from the Northeast Bronx to Manhattan and the West Bronx.

wow... seriously dude.... what's with the attitude....

since that's how you wanna do things....

I didn't know anyone would realize the little details, I used to have a LGA-JFK Airtrain running through there then I erased it

and who's fault is that?

believe me, if I wanted to be nitpicky, there's a couple other things I could've pointed out.... that wasn't the purpose of my critiquing/commenting on your little map....

good lord....

What are you talking about? If you talking about the part after Merrick Blvd, it curves down Dunkirk Av then runs on Linden Blvd to 229th St

East of the farmers blvd stop on your E line, there is nothing in text that corresponds to the stops where you have bullets at... That's what I'm talking about.

were we supposed to guess what the stops are...

I mean, this is your map...

What do you suggest?

something on the north shore other than along richmond terrace, obviously....

but for the hell of it... Forest, or even Castleton av...

....I'll bet you'll think up some reason as to why you think SI-ers would take a trek to an industrial stretch of area/land to catch a train.... as opposed to a more commercial area....

(E)(N) is 4th Av local and (;)(R) is 4th Av express. (M) goes to Bay Parkway rush hours like it does now

yeh... thanks....

Do you mind sharing your mixed feelings...

like the fact that you have a 2 local & a 2 express...

don't like the fact that all 5 service is going to dyre...

catch-22 situation, I know...

Schley Av and Miles Av stops are located along East Tremont Av

thanks...

Subway20Map.gif

(4)Woodlawn to Starett City - Jerome Local, Lexington Exp, Brooklyn Exp

* stops along Pitkin and Pennsylvania Aves

(5)Dyre Av to Kings Plaza - Bronx Local, Lexington Exp, Brooklyn Exp

* Brooklyn College (5) station on the lower level so the (2) would have its space to relay.

(C)168th St to Lefferts Av - Central Park West Local, 8th Ave Exp, Fulton Exp

* new switches immediately before and after 50th St so the (C) would run express after 50th and local before 50th St

My goal is to illustrate reasonable subway maps that provides service to areas that doesn't have it today, make sure every line has space and time to relay at their terminals and at the same time not to go overboard w/ my maps cause I am part of the cause of going green on saving money and trees at the same time

Car Assignment -

R62: (5)

R62A: (1)(4)

R142: (2)(3)11

R142A: (6)(7)

R188: (7)11

I'm still thinking about the B division assignment

OK, here's a request, based on this last one.

How about joining the (L) and (7) into one line. If this were built, it would be done in stages:

While the Steinway Tunnel is completely replaced, or a new one built next to it, the Manhattan portion of the (7) would be connected to the (L), which would be extended to Grand Central Terminal. (Q) or (W) would be extended to Main St, and a shuttle would pick up QBP to Vernon/Jackson.

When the tunnel is completed, the full line would run, as

image.php?u=122&dateline=1246778413

Diamond version would run as current in Queens, and terminate in Manhattan or at Myrtle.

Subway20Map-1.gif

(D) White Plains Rd to Brighton Beach

* White Plains to 2nd Av via 6th Av local late nights

(E)Cambria Heights-229th St to Coney Island-Stillwell Av

(L)/(JFK) 81st St-LaGuardia Airport to Rockaway Park-B116th St

(N)Whitestone-Lewis Blvd to Bay Ridge-95th St

* Bay Ridge to 36th St late nights

(Q) Lexington Av-125th St to Coney Island

* Whitestone to Coney Island via Broadway local and Montauge Tunnel late nights

(2) Wakefield-241st St to Brooklyn College-Flatbush Av

* Wakefield to Kings Plaza late nights

(7)/<7> 221st St-Northern Blvd to Canarsie-Rockaway Pkwy