Tiger Woods mess

Shortline Bus

has anyone been following the Tiger Woods 'drama' and mess? any reactions about the media coverage w/ his situation about his rumored extramaterial affairs since the argurment w/ his wife late on thanksgiving night that led to the car crash in his Orlando home? here the lastest info from this morning. (12/2/09)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga/2009-12-02-woods-statement_N.htm

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly the Media in this country needs to STFU and all of the pathetic people that actually CARE about what these people do with their spare time need to crawl into a hole and never come back out again or worse. I couldn't care about his family life because it is NOT MY PLACE to care what happens in his home. The media doesn't get that.

The era of celebrity masturbation continues unchecked into the 21st century.

Truly the blind leading the blind. Meanwhile more people getting laid off, Congress still doing nothing to fix healthcare or the finance industry, no word on closing Guantanamo or getting the hell out of Iraq, a ridiculous trade deficit that is slowly sucking all of the money out of the US, an MTA that hasn't released rightly earned wage increases to employees, and yet rather than pay attention and know these things and be able to discuss them intelligently, people just absorb the mind rot crap from the first 5 minutes of Fox News after their show ends before they turn the TV off, and the bile that is MTV. Oh look a dog in a sweater running after a cat in a hoodie!

Then with the rest of their time they try and figure out what clubs Jay-Z goes to and try to become the leading expert on Tiger Woods' personal life. And the media empowers these vain a-holes every time they report on a story like this.

That's my 10 cents, my 2 cents is free. Our media SUCKS. There's a reason newspapers don't sell anymore, and it's because people don't want to pay to read National Enquirer level trash. Hell, you can't even watch the news and get a stately broadcast that reports the facts like old times any more. It's a bunch of broads and bozo's bantering like Chatty Kathy's every time there's a commercial break, and giving their personal opinions on news every time there isn't. News is a joke. Has been for quite some time.

has anyone been following the Tiger Woods 'drama' and mess? any reactions about the media coverage w/ his situation about his rumored extramaterial affairs since the argurment w/ his wife late on thanksgiving night that led to the car crash in his Orlando home? here the lastest info from this morning. (12/2/09)

hes a public figure, Public figures dont have the same expectations of privacy that private citizens do. If he was so worried about people finding out he shouldnt have put himself in the situation (ie sleeping with other people besides his wife) Its a real shame that hardly anyone respects marrage anymore

hes a public figure, Public figures dont have the same expectations of privacy that private citizens do. If he was so worried about people finding out he shouldnt have put himself in the situation (ie sleeping with other people besides his wife) Its a real shame that hardly anyone respects marrage anymore

That's not the point. You have any idea how many investment bankers cheat on their wives? Many even brag about it. A survey even showed the reasons investment bankers cheat on their wives and one of the top responses was "so I can fit in and have stories at work". Would the media bring that up? Nope, because they're biased and suck. They love to stir all kinds of crap up.

And regardless of what the law said, the media needs to grow up. The sheeple are bleating for information about their favorite celebrities because they are stupid and pathetic and know no better. If you can't figure it out, the general public is stupid and full of crap. The media made the market for this Oprah/Dr. Phil/E Hollywood story level mind rot idiocy, and now they claim that there's a demand that they created so they expand the coverage. Sadly in this day and age most people are fake and vain. Why do you think so many people cared what Michelle Obama wore to the inauguration. Uh, yeah, a guy won an election to be the President of the US. Things were VERY bad at that time and regardless of whether you like or don't like the guy, I think it's a safe bet that like or dislike, what he had to say would be a hell of a lot more important than what his wife was wearing.

And yet people actually waste time occupying brain cells with such useless trivia like memorizing every broad Brad Pitt has ever dated or the names of all the guests on Jerry Springer Season 5. And our media furthers it every single day, and rather than call shenanigans people sit there and defend their right to do it.

Our freedoms are eroding / have eroded, and the only ones people stand up for are the most useless and stupid of all ("I have a RIGHT to care who Brad Pitt screwed!")

hes a public figure, Public figures dont have the same expectations of privacy that private citizens do.

He's a public figure but not an elected official. If he was an elected official then an official press conference or some sort of statement to the public would have been expected.

Just my opinion of the situation. :cool:

That's not the point. You have any idea how many investment bankers cheat on their wives? Many even brag about it. A survey even showed the reasons investment bankers cheat on their wives and one of the top responses was "so I can fit in and have stories at work".

Does that make it right to do it? Investment Bankers arent in the public eye so they dont get the same attention from the media.

And regardless of what the law said, the media needs to grow up. The sheeple are bleating for information about their favorite celebrities because they are stupid and pathetic and know no better. If you can't figure it out, the general public is stupid and full of crap. The media made the market for this Oprah/Dr. Phil/E Hollywood story level mind rot idiocy, and now they claim that there's a demand that they created so they expand the coverage. Sadly in this day and age most people are fake and vain. Why do you think so many people cared what Michelle Obama wore to the inauguration. Uh, yeah, a guy won an election to be the President of the US. Things were VERY bad at that time and regardless of whether you like or don't like the guy, I think it's a safe bet that like or dislike, what he had to say would be a hell of a lot more important than what his wife was wearing.

And yet people actually waste time occupying brain cells with such useless trivia like memorizing every broad Brad Pitt has ever dated or the names of all the guests on Jerry Springer Season 5. And our media furthers it every single day, and rather than call shenanigans people sit there and defend their right to do it.

Conflicts and Drama makes good ratings, too much of it can also ruin a show. Remember that show American Chopper, t he first season it was mostly about the bikes, then afterwards it was just about them fighting with eachother.

Our freedoms are eroding / have eroded, and the only ones people stand up for are the most useless and stupid of all ("I have a RIGHT to care who Brad Pitt screwed!")

people wont know untill its too late

Does that make it right to do it? Investment Bankers arent in the public eye so they dont get the same attention from the media.

Of course that doesn't make them right. But I'm just pointing this out because the media does not jump over the investment bankers who bankrupted this country. Yet what does Tiger Woods do? Plays golf, sells golf apparel and sneakers, is almost universally recognized as the best in the world at golf, entertains people, and yes, he makes a lot of money. He doesn't steal from them, or hurt them. Yet he and not the investment bankers must be morally bankrupt, according to the hypocritical media, many of whom also engage in thsi type of behavior.

Conflicts and Drama makes good ratings, too much of it can also ruin a show. Remember that show American Chopper, t he first season it was mostly about the bikes, then afterwards it was just about them fighting with eachother.

It makes good ratings because people are programmed to watch this stuff from the time they are kids. Through cousins etc. I've been exposed to the newest age of kids programming and it is MTV Jr. garbage. Kids' TV used to teach values, important lessons like humillity and empathy, conflict resolution, and growing pains in different formats. Now kids' TV just teaches the abuse of technology, consumerism, that being a drama queen is acceptable, and that everyone can and should try to become a celebrity. Kids that are programmed that way don't really know any better, and it's not their fault. It's to a different scale, but you can't fault the kids who were part of the Hitler Youth because that is all they knew. You blame the system that allowed them to be brainwashed.

people wont know untill its too late

You are ABSOLUTELY 100% right about that.

I remember some of the cartoons I grew up with, they actually had a storyline, decent animation etc. Stuff like Gargoyles, Sonic the Hedgehog carton, yes I did watch Captian Planet lol, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons etc.

Yup I watched some of that stuff too. Captain Planet promoting environmental responsibility. Sonic the Hedgehog always had a message too with the Sonic Sez at the end ha I remember that too. Of course you had your Looney Toons which always said to treat the ladies with respect right Pepe Le Pue?

Nowadays you have none of that...

Yup I watched some of that stuff too. Captain Planet promoting environmental responsibility. Sonic the Hedgehog always had a message too with the Sonic Sez at the end ha I remember that too. Of course you had your Looney Toons which always said to treat the ladies with respect right Pepe Le Pue?

Nowadays you have none of that...

The most mindless show on Cartoon Network has to be Total Drama Island, it bascially is everything you described earlier about whats wrong with cartoons today

The most mindless show on Cartoon Network has to be Total Drama Island, it bascially is everything you described earlier about whats wrong with cartoons today

Yup. That show is an attempt at satire which is something that most kids don't understand at the age they are watching cartoons. Thumbs down to that show :tdown: because by doing it they are actually promoting the ideas they claim to be sartirizing.

I was flipping thru the channels and saw one episode that had some girl's top ripped off and they had a full frontal shot, but blurred. :smh: This is stuff that should be shown like at 9pm, not 6pm.

His wife sounds like a wack job. When a husband brings home multi million dollar per year checks over and over and provides an extremely lavish lifestyle, top of the line cars, houses, trips, planes, servants etc.. who cares if he has his girls on the side? He still goes home and takes car of his wife and his children at the end of the day. Its not like hes some getto thug getting women knocked up left and right then going home to his poor and starving wife and kids smacking them around. Women like that need to know their place.

His wife sounds like a wack job. When a husband brings home multi million dollar per year checks over and over and provides an extremely lavish lifestyle, top of the line cars, houses, trips, planes, servants etc.. who cares if he has his girls on the side? He still goes home and takes car of his wife and his children at the end of the day. Its not like hes some getto thug getting women knocked up left and right then going home to his poor and starving wife and kids smacking them around. Women like that need to know their place.

So conclusion, cheating is OK if the spouse makes tons of money and still comes home every night. Gotcha.

Anyway like most media stories this is pointless coverage. Find us a real story guys.

So conclusion, cheating is OK if the spouse makes tons of money and still comes home every night. Gotcha.

Anyway like most media stories this is pointless coverage. Find us a real story guys.

Well what is your definition of cheating?

Mistresses are really just for sex and fun. As long as you are not telling these mistresses, hey I love you, Im going to leave my wife for you and all of these expectations then whats the problem?

The point is if you are wealthy enough to support your family monetarily and emotionally and want to have fun on the side then why make a big deal? Just keep the misstresses away from your family life.

If your wife is not neglected, the kids are not neglected, you still show the family love and attention, then whats the problem? As long as that American express bill is paid, the wife should be happy she can go on trips, buy luxurious items and still have love and affection and time with her husband then how is that cheating?

Cheating is when you are deceiving someone into thinking they are getting or receiving something that they are not. If your wife is still getting love, time, affection, attention and is well taken care of thats not cheating. If your wife is still number one and you are there for her thats not really cheating.

Cheating is when you neglect your wife and kids either emotionally, finacially or by not speding time with them etc..

my take is this. while i dont condone cheating/adultery, it's not like tiger committed a felon. other sports stars like Ravens defensive star Ray Lewis,(accused of manslaughter at a bar but found not gulity) former Yankees hero from the late '90's championship teams jim leyritz(convitced of drunk driving after killing a man) just to name two off the top of my head were accused and even convicted of crimes and yet never got the media coverage like woods.

since woods was not drunk and did not hurt anyone in the car accident, the media has overblown this. at same time all sports stars should act with some diginty.(no 1 is perfect as Tiger would say and i agree 100%)

hopefully tiger learns from this mistake and does not follow the lead of other sports stars like nba players did in last 10-15 years fathering 8 or more kids from several different woman. or std's as well.

just my takes.

Well what is your definition of cheating?

Mistresses are really just for sex and fun. As long as you are not telling these mistresses, hey I love you, Im going to leave my wife for you and all of these expectations then whats the problem?

The point is if you are wealthy enough to support your family monetarily and emotionally and want to have fun on the side then why make a big deal? Just keep the misstresses away from your family life.

Wow what planet are you from? Cheating is the act of being sexually/non-sexually unfaithful to one’s husband, wife, or lover. It's a violation of trust. You wanna walk around fooling around with every hot girl you see that's fine. Stay single though. Don't do it when you're supposed to be raising a family and have a wife that you already should be having sex with.

I don't want to come off like i'm walking around with a halo over my head. I know it can be difficult to stay faithful to someone depending on your personality. But if I was still with my ex and I had sex with another girl when I'm supposed to be committed to her it wouldn't matter how much money I'm bringing in. I would be dumped. The whole idea behind it is that it's a violation of a person's trust.

Cheating is when you are deceiving someone into thinking they are getting or receiving something that they are not. If your wife is still getting love, time, affection, attention and is well taken care of thats not cheating. If your wife is still number one and you are there for her thats not really cheating.

No that's just lying..if you're giving your spouse all the love time affection and attention she needs...thats fulfilling your duties as a husband/committed bf. If your spouse is number one then they are number 1. There is no number 2 and if there is you probably should think twice about making a commitment.

Cheating is neglect your wife and kids either emotionally, finacially or by not speding time with them etc

That's just neglect...

Cheating is when you neglect your wife and kids either emotionally, finacially or by not speding time with them etc..

There is no way you can have two women on the side and still give your wife the love and affection that she needs. Obviously, she's not pleasing him in some way, so therefore, he's denying her something to go get it from another woman. Isn't that neglecting? For example, if you stop having sex with your wife and instead do it with someone else, you're ignoring her sexual needs. In my opinion, anyway, that is neglect squared.

Plus, he has to spend time with these women that he could be spending with his wife and children. No amount of cars and fancy trips can replace the broken trust when someone cheats.

Also, as a disclaimer, I'm not saying "men are cheating pigs blah blah blah" because women are just as bad. We do not have the right to deny our husbands anything and fulfill it elsewhere. We made a promise to be monogamous, and it should stay that way for both ends.

Though Tiger Woods isn't husband of the year, I do think the media should leave him alone. Let his wife handle it. She must be hurt enough, the last thing she needs is all this public attention.

The Media in this country are vultures. Leave Tiger Woods alone. He made a mistake and he apologized.

My partner at work dated this Rachel Uchitel socialite about a decade ago or so. He's surprised that her name surfaced in this saga.

Regardless of whether Woods is a philanderer, I simply don't understand why anyone human making a mistake (or several!) warrants more press coverage that a surge of 30,000 troops to the Middle East. It's probably because people like to take the focus off of themselves and their own faults by judging others.

Wow what planet are you from? Cheating is the act of being sexually/non-sexually unfaithful to one’s husband, wife, or lover. It's a violation of trust. You wanna walk around fooling around with every hot girl you see that's fine. Stay single though. Don't do it when you're supposed to be raising a family and have a wife that you already should be having sex with.

I don't want to come off like i'm walking around with a halo over my head. I know it can be difficult to stay faithful to someone depending on your personality. But if I was still with my ex and I had sex with another girl when I'm supposed to be committed to her it wouldn't matter how much money I'm bringing in. I would be dumped. The whole idea behind it is that it's a violation of a person's trust.

No that's just lying..if you're giving your spouse all the love time affection and attention she needs...thats fulfilling your duties as a husband/committed bf. If your spouse is number one then they are number 1. There is no number 2 and if there is you probably should think twice about making a commitment.

That's just neglect...

He is probably still stuck in the early 19th Century...

Archived