JFK to Coney Island: B15, B7 & B68 w/one pc luggage

notkim

Does B35 LIMITED operate on Dec 25?

What is the diff btw B7/B8 (local) and B35 LIMITED?

I think what I will do is:

Take:

-B15 to Hegeman Ave + Rockway Ave....instead of Brookdale Hospital.

Transfer to:

-B8 and take it to Coney Island Av & Foster

OR

-B35 LIMITED and take it to Coney Island Av & Church Av,

Transfer to:

-B68 Bus to Coney Island area.

yes it will. B35 LIMITED operates 7 days a week.

B7/B8 makes more stops than the B35 LIMITED. The B35 LIMITED skips a few stops and only stops at transfer points, Coney Island Av is one of the transfer point where it connects with the B68.

yes the B35 limited runs on Christmas Day but it not a good idea since its one of Brooklyn busiest bus route in terms of l ridership w/ a large suitcase possibly blocking seats.\

yea but being that shes traveling on Christmas Day, it shouldnt be too bad. At least its not as bad as taking it on a regular weekday. less traffic on Church Av and less people riding the bus.

yes it will. B35 LIMITED operates 7 days a week.

B7/B8 makes more stops than the B35 LIMITED. The B35 LIMITED skips a few stops and only stops at transfer points, Coney Island Av is one of the transfer point where it connects with the B68.

Guys she's trying to get from Point A to B not busfan! Just take the A train to the F train. or call me and I'll pick you up!

Hi kim u should just take the b15 to the 3 train, then take the 3 train to the 4 at utica then take the 4 to atlantic where you can take the n or q train to coney island which is faster than the slow F train

plus its cheap ull only pay 2.25 and ull have a free transfer to the subway.

I disagree with that routing. She needs to go along CONEY ISLAND AVE not Coney Island itself. Your suggestion is good but it won't work out.

The idea of taking the A to the F is a good idea however there's a few problems with that route:

1. Still need a bus to get over to CI Ave unless she wants to long walk it

2. No Elevator @ Jay St as of now

3. Paying $5 for AirTrain

It's crystal clear that she's better off busing it down to CI Ave & Ave Y. Since it's X-Mas day, don't really need to worry about crowds & traffic. A lot of ya are forgetting that there's almost no traffic on X-Mas day & ridership is quite low on that day! There's really no need for the B35 LTD on X-Mas day when the B7 is a great option. The ridership is low enough that the buses will not be making a lot of stops anyways.

I disagree with that routing. She needs to go along CONEY ISLAND AVE not Coney Island itself. Your suggestion is good but it won't work out.

The idea of taking the A to the F is a good idea however there's a few problems with that route:

1. Still need a bus to get over to CI Ave unless she wants to long walk it

2. No Elevator @ Jay St as of now

3. Paying $5 for AirTrain

It's crystal clear that she's better off busing it down to CI Ave & Ave Y. Since it's X-Mas day, don't really need to worry about crowds & traffic. A lot of ya are forgetting that there's almost no traffic on X-Mas day & ridership is quite low on that day! There's really no need for the B35 LTD on X-Mas day when the B7 is a great option. The ridership is low enough that the buses will not be making a lot of stops anyways.

this rider still has to cross a very busy street in CI Ave/Kings Highway with a heavy suitcase. that why the b15/b8/b68 combo makes more sense imo. plus the headways on the b7 on a sunday schedule is not great and if they miss the b7 it could be a long wait on probably a cold day.

Since it's X-Mas day, don't really need to worry about crowds & traffic. A lot of ya are forgetting that there's almost no traffic on X-Mas day & ridership is quite low on that day! There's really no need for the B35 LTD on X-Mas day when the B7 is a great option. The ridership is low enough that the buses will not be making a lot of stops anyways.

Are you kidding?!? Having worked many Christmases, I can tell you that trains and buses are chock full, and I mean full, of passengers going to/from other families houses. Don't even mention the LIRR and Metro-North, you might not even get a seat!

Seriously speaking, these three buses are going to be a pain in the ass. Regardless of the crowds, she's just gonna have to do what she's gonna have to do.

I am really confused now with the contradicting and vast amount of information. Someone says there is going to be no traffic and low ridership while someone else is saying that its going to be "chock full of passengers going to/from other families houses."

Guys I have time to kill (so I do not mind the 2+ hour rides) and I do not want to get on a train beacuse I cannot haul my suitcase up and down the staircases for a trains.

I am taking the bus route for sure. Just tell me - B15, B7 B68 OR B15, B8, B68 ???

All I am concerned for is that there should be less people on the bus, so that I do not cause inconvenience or where the driver might not allow me to board the bus in the fist place and minimum walking bwt the stops (Remember I have a suticase).

PS: As for the currency part where someone was concerned here.....I came to Charlotte first from my country a few months back and now moving to New York :-)

Depends on the size and shape of your luggage, I remember this one time this lady hauled a small cart with two large plastic bags tied to them on the Q34 almost a year ago, it was somewhat heavy because this particular lady was holding up the line for the bus and I had to help lift the damn thing. UNLESS you can move to the rear of the bus don't expect to bring a large suitcase onto there!

I work at JFK international and used all 3 buses into Terminal 4 at JFK(Q3, Q10 and B15). The B15 is ALWAYS overcrowed and runs less often than the Q3 and Q10. People have suggested takeing the AIRTRAN to Howard beach "A" station for your trip but pay teh extra $5 for the convience.

One secret many don't know is the Q10 bus passes by the Lefferts Bld. "A" station. (This "A" is a different fork from the Howard Beach "A"). Going to Brooklyn, both "A" trains combine at Woodhaven/Liberty station and are the same line heading east into Brooklyn.

To keep the fare at $2.25 total, you need to get a MetoCard to use on the Q10 for a free transfer onto the "A" train at Lefferts Blvd.

There are NO NYC METROCARD vending machines in JFK. The small newpaper stores in JFK terminas sell AIRTRAN MetroCards of $5 and $25 value but I think you can use them to pay the fare on the Q3, Q10 and B15 buses.

Just my 2 cents.

I am really confused now with the contradicting and vast amount of information. Someone says there is going to be no traffic and low ridership while someone else is saying that its going to be "chock full of passengers going to/from other families houses."

Guys I have time to kill (so I do not mind the 2+ hour rides) and I do not want to get on a train beacuse I cannot haul my suitcase up and down the staircases for a trains.

I am taking the bus route for sure. Just tell me - B15, B7 B68 OR B15, B8, B68 ???

All I am concerned for is that there should be less people on the bus, so that I do not cause inconvenience or where the driver might not allow me to board the bus in the fist place and minimum walking bwt the stops (Remember I have a suticase).

Lady, just take the B15 to the B8 to the B68 then.... I know you want help, but you're coming off as being edgy right now...

Either way, you're gonna have to cross a street after getting off the B15...

However, the B8 shares a stop with the B68 ON coney island av at Newkirk av... Whereas, if you take the B7 to the B68, you'll have to cross coney island av after getting off on Quentin... AT the point where you'd catch the B8 after coming off the B15, you'll have a chance of a seat - it's the first stop.... so it's a win-win, going by your criteria....

...and the bus driver's not gonna deny you access on board b/c you have a suitcase... although I will say that you're not supposed to block the front of the bus with one.... As was suggested, move to the back of the bus as to not inconvenience others, that's all...

Lady, just take the B15 to the B8 to the B68 then.... I know you want help, but you're coming off as being edgy right now...

Either way, you're gonna have to cross a street after getting off the B15...

However, the B8 shares a stop with the B68 ON coney island av at Newkirk av... Whereas, if you take the B7 to the B68, you'll have to cross coney island av after getting off on Quentin... AT the point where you'd catch the B8 after coming off the B15, you'll have a chance of a seat - it's the first stop.... so it's a win-win, going by your criteria....

...and the bus driver's not gonna deny you access on board b/c you have a suitcase... although I will say that you're not supposed to block the front of the bus with one.... As was suggested, move to the back of the bus as to not inconvenience others, that's all...

perfectly said and well put my friend.:)

Archived