NovaBus 1200 in Lower Manhattan

LRG

how come you didn't get any interior shots? I'm sure that bus driver would have said yes

I asked but he wouldn't let me. It had something to do with corporate people inside the bus. I really wanted to get a shot though!

That bus is slammin' in MTA colors. Great catch n shot. I doubt it's a hybrid due to lack of noticeable battery unit on top. Why when I leave as a B/O, new buses come in. Why couldn't the former Home of the Dawgs (Kingsbridge) get those new hybrids when I was there. I really hope MTA gets a surplus order of those buses, for the Bx12 SBS, planned M15 SBS, and heck some for KB, since the Bx55, Bx41, and the Bx1/2 are high ridership lines, that can use 3 door artics. MTA stepchild MTA Bus can get the older artics, and like it.....:P:P:p...........

I really feel like Tiki Barber. The bad wheel that needed to go, for better things to come.........

Now, I do notice the front is considerably longer than the back. That is definitely not a 35/55 ratio, just by the distance of where each wheel is from the other. The New Flyers front and middle are closer, while the middle to the back is noticeably further apart. On the NovaBus it is further apart up front, and closer from middle to rear wheels. Good part of that is less rear corner intrusion on this model. That should spare the rear door from getting into tussles with poles and El's........

It should look even better in SBS livery (it will be assigned to the Bx12 SBS when it enters service).

I thought it was going to go to 126 st for the future M15 SBS? But oh well its gonna go on some SBS lol...

Ever notice on newer buses, the depot sticker goes in a weirder & weirder place on the right side of the bus. Think about it...look at the depot logo for the ex-Bee Lines...then look at the DesignLines...now look at this one lmao

Nice shots by the way loving the 3 doors

I thought it was going to go to 126 st for the future M15 SBS? But oh well its gonna go on some SBS lol...

Ever notice on newer buses, the depot sticker goes in a weirder & weirder place on the right side of the bus. Think about it...look at the depot logo for the ex-Bee Lines...then look at the DesignLines...now look at this one lmao

Nice shots by the way loving the 3 doors

The Designline logo placement is weird, but I actually like the logo placement for this one.

It looks so much better than the current articulated buses which both look and sound horrible. Current artics look like they are relics from the 80's

What do you expect? It's New Flyer, or as my friends call them, "New Fryer"...lol. The buses are absolute crap. No wonder the TA had a fallout with them.

Awesome pics!

that is a beautiful shot! but the stripe scheme is kinda weird

Thank you both.

That bus is fly! I'm totally feeling it and the fact that it's NOT a hybrid makes me even more excited! And it's got a window in the back like the Fishbowls and the Flixible New Looks too?! Man, I can't wait to ride on this. 2010 is looking like it's going to be an interesting year with this new bus alone. Thanks for sharing the pics. :cool:

It should look even better in SBS livery (it will be assigned to the Bx12 SBS when it enters service).

I dont get it, i thought the Bx12 +BRT is sticking with the D60HFs off GH? While 126th's M15 BRT gets NovaBus LF..?

Excellent catch of course! They look real good! And a nice paint of the MTA Livery!. I hope it ill be on the concourse route at least, im noticing Bx1 is on O-7 NGs at sometimes.. Maybe the Bx19 :P [Tho i doubt that]. Id like to catch this!

Hmm looks better then the R160 ? lol

I dont get it, i thought the Bx12 +BRT is sticking with the D60HFs off GH? While 126th's M15 BRT gets NovaBus LF..?

Excellent catch of course! They look real good! And a nice paint of the MTA Livery!. I hope it ill be on the concourse route at least, im noticing Bx1 is on O-7 NGs at sometimes.. Maybe the Bx19 :P [Tho i doubt that]. Id like to catch this!

Hmm looks better then the R160 ? lol

Both The Bx12 SBS & M15 SBS are going to be using these buses. I believe Gun Hill will get the first batch of these buses.

Nice pics & catch. I really like the LFSA, I remember I came close to riding an LFS (the Disney one) in Orlando but an RTS pulled in front of it.

Are 90 artics really needed for just the Bx12 & M15?

I hope some D60HF's get bumped to CS & BP.

That bus is fly! I'm totally feeling it and the fact that it's NOT a hybrid makes me even more excited! And it's got a window in the back like the Fishbowls and the Flixible New Looks too?! Man, I can't wait to ride on this. 2010 is looking like it's going to be an interesting year with this new bus alone. Thanks for sharing the pics. :cool:

(D)amn Irg great job shocking em' (G)reat pic ,I'm right there on my route and I didn't see this bad boy but (A)gain great job catching this :tup::tup:

Good hunting peeps ,I know who's stalking these lol

Nice pics & catch. I really like the LFSA, I remember I came close to riding an LFS (the Disney one) in Orlando but an RTS pulled in front of it.

Are 90 artics really needed for just the Bx12 & M15?

I hope some D60HF's get bumped to CS & BP.

Thanks to all.

@ Infamous85: I don't really know the details of the bus assignments so much because I don't really follow buses, I just take pictures of 'em. :(

Archived