Tier V Pension plan

DOB2RTO

The NYS Senate and Governor has passed a plan to "fix" the budget and deficit over several years, that should get the state budget back on track in upcoming years. One was is a change to the pension plan. No more 25/55 for those who start after January of 2010. Be prepared to do your 30/62, and get less in your pensions, due to lack of overtime in your last 3 years (if you make it).........

Here is an article, and I did read it at work in a paper today too.........

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/statehouse_oks_deal_to_fix_hyper_p72NcP2a2IegZcBJFKuf0J

BULL :mad:

Raise taxes on people who make over 500K a year, couples who make over 1 million a year, by 10%. That will give all the tax money they need. Stop making the working class foot the bills for these crooks and tax cheats at the top.

I hope this goes down in flames.

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

This state is so f***ing backasswards in every way. Hate to say it but it's true.

Well if I retire at 62 instead of 55, that means they have to pay me 7 more years of my full pay instead of the pension rate. And I'll still retire 5-8 years earlier than most by that time because let's face it, by that point workplace rights will have completely eroded EXCEPT in the union jobs.

We'll retire, enjoy our pensions for a few weeks, then drop dead from all the years of that steel dust in our lungs for being under for 35-40 years.

Maybe by that time it would be the better alternative to living long enough to see the fat cat wall st/big business/government dbags bankrupting this country take what little we have left.

We were actually laughing bout it today, saying whomever your beneficiary is when you croak, will be following you, and checking on you everyday, in your last 3 years. Soon as you get your first pension check in your hand, you will go belly up, with your check in your hands, with your arms stretched out as if you are handing it to them, and they will go thank you............

dont worry guys, the TWU has to agree to it. and once this whole contract negotiation thing is resolved, it's Tier 4 for at least another 3 years

They might say yes, as they can collect an extra 7 years of your dues. Why take up till your 55, when you have to give an additional 7 for 62...........

i believe it is the union's position that they do not want one group of workers with a good plan and another group of workers with a plan that sucks. thats why they went on strike in 2005 for the "unborn"

All I know is my generation is getting absolutely screwed by the greedy baby boomer cocksucker sellouts who did not plan for retirement and blew their savings in a fit of credit fueled and bad investment stupidity, and now expect everyone else to pay for it for them...and it is a joke.

48% unemployment and rising in our age bracket. 30% of people ages 18 to 34 still living at home.

And it will be even worse for the generations behind us. We just want to have fun, enjoy life and not have to worry about money, yet they screw us at every turn, take our property, take our rights and freedoms, and then expect us to be grateful when they do some little thing 5 years down the road like give us a $20 tax credit. All so some rich prick can line his pockets.

i believe it is the union's position that they do not want one group of workers with a good plan and another group of workers with a plan that sucks. thats why they went on strike in 2005 for the "unborn"

Our union is dead, and that's why the TA is having it's way with our contract. TWU is nothing to fear anymore, since the dodger sold us out. The union is too busy going against us who don't agree with them, or hear what we have to say. Remember, they get two pensions, plus a salary from the union, along with their regular MTA pay. These jokes now, are only out for themselves, and nothing more.........

Our union is dead, and that's why the TA is having it's way with our contract. TWU is nothing to fear anymore, since the dodger sold us out. The union is too busy going against us who don't agree with them, or hear what we have to say. Remember, they get two pensions, plus a salary from the union, along with their regular MTA pay. These jokes now, are only out for themselves, and nothing more.........

How long till Toussaint is out? Isn't Samuelson expected to come in with high hopes... I haven't been keeping up on the latest with the Union admittedly...

Right now, in RTO, we have Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3/4, and Tier 4 workers working side by side. This situation has been in place since the advent of Tier 4 in July of '83 and the TWU local 100's mantra has always been about removing the barriers between the groups. 20/50 for all they said. Well here comes Tier 5, which means work 'til you die, or at least until your body breaks down. At least you'll be paying union dues for another 7 years, if you live that long. The fact of the matter is the city and state are playing a cynical game with the workers pitted against the general public, using actuarial tables. In essence it means that X amount of people will die between the ages of 55 and 62. These people will NEVER collect a dime in pension money, or at most a one time death benefit. That's 7 years of pension and health benefits that won't be paid to John or Mary Worker.What a scam!!!

Local 100 is already about to go bananas about not getting their contract. if it's overturned and then the (MTA) tries to inject Tier 5, man this city would never move again lol

As I stated in another thread I started I see a a trade-off coming along if the courts don't rule in our favor. We'll ((MTA)) give you your contract, or parts of it, if you'll agree to Tier 5. Let's see what the courts rule. In the meantime nobody down here is talking about a work stoppage and I think that goes for Surface too.

I have a very Newbie question so sorry if this is obvious. I Google and I couldn't find a direct answer. How does the MTA pension actually work? So if I am in the 30/62 pension does that mean I have to work 30 years and be at least 62 years of age to get pension, and when I do get pension, How much much do I actually get, said MTA paids bi-weekly, do I get Bi-weekly checks when I retire and it is based on the average paid of my salary for all the years I have worked in the MTA and do I get the checks until I die?

I have a very Newbie question so sorry if this is obvious. I Google and I couldn't find a direct answer. How does the MTA pension actually work? So if I am in the 30/62 pension does that mean I have to work 30 years and be at least 62 years of age to get pension, and when I do get pension, How much much do I actually get, said MTA paids bi-weekly, do I get Bi-weekly checks when I retire and it is based on the average paid of my salary for all the years I have worked in the MTA and do I get the checks until I die?

You can vest out after 10 yrs if tier 5 goes through. Right now it's 5 yrs. Yes, 30 yrs of service and be at least 62 yrs of age to collect a "full" pension. Your pension check would be monthly and the amount I believe would be half of one of your last 3 yrs salary on average. I may be wrong on that one, not sure. Yes, you collect your pension until you die.

The NYS Senate and Governor has passed a plan to "fix" the budget and deficit over several years, that should get the state budget back on track in upcoming years. One was is a change to the pension plan. No more 25/55 for those who start after January of 2010. Be prepared to do your 30/62, and get less in your pensions, due to lack of overtime in your last 3 years (if you make it).........

Here is an article, and I did read it at work in a paper today too.........

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/statehouse_oks_deal_to_fix_hyper_p72NcP2a2IegZcBJFKuf0J

These are the same politicians who vote themselves for a raise and nothing can be done about it. :mad: Vote total: YEA 135 NAY 003

http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=40026

Archived