I finally got into Schoolcar after 18 months

Andrew

congrats dude!!......just take it all in stride man.........I think the first month in training for me was the most stressful.......the first 7 I think I slept for about 4 hrs a night if I was lucky......I wanted to pass......you won't be dealing with the public while in school car.......so just absorb it all in and relax.....on the way bring a Walkman and listen to your favorite music.....block everything else out......no distractions and you will be fine!!! good luck!!

Thanks.I will be driving to the school most of the time,but on the times I do take the train there,I will rest on the train.

• 3 weeks later...

good luck andrew.........the ta doctor tried to give me a hard way to go, but i was determined to get the job..........i"ll be road posting around the time u start..........i was in the aug 31st class.........any questions about schoolcar, send me a message, i'll do my best to awnser it...........congrats again......

good luck andrew.........the ta doctor tried to give me a hard way to go, but i was determined to get the job..........i"ll be road posting around the time u start..........i was in the aug 31st class.........any questions about schoolcar, send me a message, i'll do my best to awnser it...........congrats again......

Why was the doc giving you a hard time?

My Blood pressure was high,there is no doubt about that before Itook medication.But the readings I was getting there at 18 Livingston were definetly inflated.190/114 186/110 170/104 numbers like that.

Every doctor I went to,whether it was my own,or my cardiologists,the HIGHEST reading was 154/102.High,but not like it was at the TA office.

I had a 140/80 when I went to the TA right after Thanksgiving with the medication,but when I went there on DEC 4th,the day I was FINALLY cleared,my BP was 150/90.On DEC3rd,My BP was 130/80 at my doctor office,yet on DEC 4th,the day I finally cleared medical hold,my BP at 180 livingston was 150/90.

Call me paranoid,call me insane if you wish.I dont believe those high numbers at all.I believe that they inflate the numbers with certain individuals so they can justify their jobs.I could be 100% wrong on this,but that is what I believe.

What sucks now is the fact that I am going to be watched like a hawk.I am going to have to go down there every 3 or 6 months and once again have my BP monitered and likely have inflated numbers again

I understand how serious high BP is,I feel 100% better since I am taking my medication.No more migraine headaches.I do understand how serious high BP is for this job.

However,when my numbers are always highest there,on a consistent basis,since last JAN,I get very suspicious.

Are you a heavy person? Do you smoke? Maybe you can exercise and watch what you eat so the next time the bp is low enough for them to leave you alone.

Now that he is on there radar they will most likely never leave him alone.

Are you a heavy person? Do you smoke? Maybe you can exercise and watch what you eat so the next time the bp is low enough for them to leave you alone.

I lost 30 lbs since JAN.I do have some more to lose.I dont smoke and I have changed my diet.

I have seen people who are thin as rails who are in good health have high BP readings in that office.

Andrew; relax school car is not so hard. just pay attention, show up on time and try not to miss a day. the tss's / teachers bend over backwards to help you pass. It's all common sense and you have lot's of time to learn. XTO:)

Andrew; relax school car is not so hard. just pay attention, show up on time and try not to miss a day. the tss's / teachers bend over backwards to help you pass. It's all common sense and you have lot's of time to learn. XTO:)

I am not worried about schoolcar.I am anxious to get started and learn what I need to know.Knowing my luck I will have that woman TA doctor that started me on all those medical tests as my TSS,LOL!!!!

he flagged me for LVG (large heart ventricle)........when i went to a cardiololgist, she didnt find anything wrong.............so i gave them the results, and the rest was history........

Those at that MAC, need to go to a MAC themselves. I bet most of them couldn't pass the tests they give.............

I am not worried about schoolcar.I am anxious to get started and learn what I need to know.Knowing my luck I will have that woman TA doctor that started me on all those medical tests as my TSS,LOL!!!!

Circuit Breakers, Signals, Rules n Regulations, Telephone numbers, door cutout, cuts n adds, are the most important stuff. Brake Pipe Rupture you will be taught, but even if it does happen, you won't be moving that train. A TSS will do it, or will be on board, and will redo everything you done to overcome the brake pipe rupture. Why? Even though you are taught how to do that, they are taught to not trust the hourly, and redo anything we did.......

Archived