What's with these R40s at Rockaway Park?

fishmech

DSC01637.JPG

DSC01638.JPG

DSC01639.JPG

DSC01640.JPG

DSC01641.JPG

I stopped by today and saw this paired set just sitting there, with a "Special" bullet and the rollsigns on either side was just that whtie paper for the bottom, which if I remember correctly had some info on it being for R40s and R42s.

It seems a bit silly to use car-types that will never be used on the system again as training cars though!

Well they did needed to replace the R30 of course, which had no A/Cs but fan. A/Cs thru the window...

It seems a bit silly to use car-types that will never be used on the system again as training cars though!

They just use them as class room space, they don't ago around the system any more. The take out all the seats and what not and place desks and other class room items in there.

I think someone posted an close up shot of the sign on the door and I believe it's either for NYPD or FDNY. It's been a while since I saw it so I don't remember it clearly

This morning the only labels on it where the Special bullet and the roll sgns reading Not In Service and the text that mentioned this was a R40 and R42 compatible rollsign, andf then the manufacturer.

They just use them as class room space, they don't ago around the system any more. The take out all the seats and what not and place desks and other class room items in there.

Ahhhh, I thought they meant it was like a trainer, not like the trailers schools will put out when they cant afford a new wing just yet.

DSC01637.JPG

DSC01638.JPG

DSC01639.JPG

DSC01640.JPG

DSC01641.JPG

I stopped by today and saw this paired set just sitting there, with a "Special" bullet and the rollsigns on either side was just that whtie paper for the bottom, which if I remember correctly had some info on it being for R40s and R42s.

Of course it's a stationary school car. Why do you think there's a stairway leading to the car at the bumper block.

Archived