Does anyone like 24/7 X-mas/New Years Music during the holidays on the radio?

Shortline Bus

does anyone like 24/7 Christmas/New Years Music during the holidays on the radio? right now in nyc lite-fm(wltw-fm) plays x-mas themed music 24/7 from thanksgiving to dec. 26(day after christmas day)

also hundreds of radio stations around the nation play 'holiday season' music 24/7 from as early as Nov. 1 all the way to january 2. so guys do you like non stop x-mas season music or in recent past playing full time 'holiday music' for a week prior to christmas day? or is it 'overplayed?'

i love the holidays myself but i do admit i 'tune out' the 24/7 x-mas season music until a few days before christmas day. also on this thread feel free to name your all time holiday season songs as well. any reactions?

I always listen to 106.7 during the holiday season. They have a great collection of songs! I love Mariah Carey's song, the Band Aid one, The Mannheim Streamroller remixes, and lots others!

while i enjoy christmas music i am not a fan of playing it for over 6 weeks starting as early as nov 1(day after halloween) that radio stations such as in phildelphia and san diego have done. i prefer the recent past as late as the late'90's when nyc's 106.7 would 'mix it' closer to start of the holidays and then the last few days before christmas playing it 24/7.

just my takes.

as far as some of my favorite x-mas songs of all time in no order:

blue christmas-elvis

the christmas song-nat king cole

happy christmas-both the oringal by john lennon and the recent remake by mellissa esthridge.

christmas in hollis-run dmc

'dont they know its' christmas-band aid

silent night-version by run dmc and the tempetations

christmas wrapping-the waitressses

i list a few others later.

Oh yeah, I usually don't tune in to the radio until a week or so before Thanksgiving, that's when 106.7 usually plays the holiday music. Sometimes they do it the week after Thanksgiving, sometimes it's a week before with them.

even that too long to play it 24/7 for basically a month imo.

personally i feel that radio stations that want to play christmas music 24/7 from say mid-novemeber-dec. 26(day after x-mas day)should be done on salelite radio or their 'hd' radio affaliated stations.

Personally, no. But that's why I have an iPod. My mom and most of the businesses I visit during that vacation period do listen to it, and it's nice hearing it on that occasion. But, I believe they play it even after Christmas is over. As soon as Christmas is over for me, the Christmas music goes off my iPod.

Personally, no. But that's why I have an iPod. My mom and most of the businesses I visit during that vacation period do listen to it, and it's nice hearing it on that occasion. But, I believe they play it even after Christmas is over. As soon as Christmas is over for me, the Christmas music goes off my iPod.

i agree on you thinking r62a. its like having a 1-2x a year special treat at a 4-star resturant in comparing listening to x-mas music during the holidays. i love it but i hope i dont sound like scoorged lol but now i personally turn the dial on listening to it until about a few days before it christmas eve.

i cant understand why some people would get tired of listening to it especially at work for over a month until christmas day. hearing 'grandma got run over by a reindeer' lol seriously over & over again can make cause severe sideeffects lol.:cry::(:P:mad:

I don't listen to the radio that much. If there's any chance that I am and Christmas music is playing, I'll ike it considering they have a good playlist and don't overplay stuff.

good point. too bad most stations that play 24/7 christmas music around the holidays in recent years does play to death 'grandma got run over by a reindeer' and 'all i want for x-mas is you' by mariah 50x a day or more.:P:confused:

Archived