Acela-X

Kamen Rider

As long as it's 10 inches narrower than the acela, can tilt, and is AGV-related, i say yes!

Only things i'd change, is the power cars would have 2 fully independent traction trucks, with each articulated truck set being powered, to give maximum acceleration and braking, as well as thin film solar arrays (flexible plastic PV strips) that can be covered with polycarbonate for protection from elements & impact) wherever they can be fitted to help with HEP load etc.

- A

The wheel confiduration was one of the first things I had thouh about, but I never went back to them once the body configuration was finlize. After seeing the Talgos up close (two car bodies sharing one axle), I realized the wheels don't matter, it's all in the motors. I also liked it becuase it reinforec the idea that this is one perminate unit, in the case, always and fovever the City Of Washington. but the wheels weren't fully important in this design, it was the car bodies themselves.

of course it tilts, I not just gonna let people go zooming along at 150MPH in a rock tumbler now am I? :)

Well, i just think it would be smart to have the heavy electronics over 2x 2 axle, especially for service, you could have a small number of spare power cars placed at major yards. Talgo sets are nice, but they always come as a set, power aside, i mean cascades has locos never meant to move the set, and the axles are unpowered... TGV/AGV has the 1 truck per 2 car ends, with 2 trucks on the power car.... Also, you might want to have no side doors on the cafe car, just emergency exit panels...

Just some thoughts, but i do like the overall concept!:tup:

- A

Archived