Bronx spot where Amadou Diallo shot to death - Hot tourist attraction

Harry

An unlikely tourist attraction has joined the ranks of the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building and Ground Zero - the spot where Amadou Diallo was shot to death by cops.

Scores of tour buses stop by 1157 Wheeler Ave. every week, disgorging Europeans who excitedly take pictures against a mural dedicated to Diallo's memory.

"Amadou Diallo is like the Disneyland of the Bronx," said Wilson Varges, a tour guide for See Tourists. "It's so popular no tour would be complete without stopping here."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bronx/2009/12/06/2009-12-06_macabre_attraction_bx_site_where_cops_gunned_down_diallo_lures_hordes_daily.html#ixzz0YvjJt9Sf

post-1-13328858121_thumb.jpg

post-1-13328858121_thumb.jpg

EL OH EL

A fact never reported by the media about the Diallo shooting was that the night of the shooting, the police were actively looking for an armed rapist in the community. Oh snap! I just ruined their story, now it doesn't have the punchiness that it had before. How about that, the evil white-hooded police were looking for a rapist who was also known to be armed...

Some more food for thought: these Europeans are so quick to criticize the US, its police, and anything else they can...but ultimately, who made that community safe enough for them to even step off of that bus? None other than the fine men and women that serve in the 43 precinct.

Last but not least, Joes' final thought for this post: where is the outrage with all the other homicides that occur (for the sake of this lesson, we'll only look at the confines of the 43)? For example, there were 13 murders in the 43 in the year 2008. So far in 2009 there have been 8. Where has the outrage been for those murders? Where is the mural denouncing THOSE murders? Oh wait, I forgot, those weren't committed by the evil white NYPD. I guess they don't exist.

This city sickens me.

EL OH EL

A fact never reported by the media about the Diallo shooting was that the night of the shooting, the police were actively looking for an armed rapist in the community. Oh snap! I just ruined their story, now it doesn't have the punchiness that it had before. How about that, the evil white-hooded police were looking for a rapist who was also known to be armed...

Some more food for thought: these Europeans are so quick to criticize the US, its police, and anything else they can...but ultimately, who made that community safe enough for them to even step off of that bus? None other than the fine men and women that serve in the 43 precinct.

Last but not least, Joes' final thought for this post: where is the outrage with all the other homicides that occur (for the sake of this lesson, we'll only look at the confines of the 43)? For example, there were 13 murders in the 43 in the year 2008. So far in 2009 there have been 8. Where has the outrage been for those murders? Where is the mural denouncing THOSE murders? Oh wait, I forgot, those weren't committed by the evil white NYPD. I guess they don't exist.

This city sickens me.

The NYPD right they are fine men and women who represent an organization in disarray from DRUNKS who maim,kill, and injure to falsifying arrest

simply put they are no good right now I am going through it with them in traffic court because they hit the vehicle I was operating and then had the audacity to give me a citation for failure to yield ROW just to cover their asses

So if I posted about a nasty encounter with a B/O and proceeded to label them all as nasty useless people, you'd be fine with that?

I didn't think so. You'd tell me that there are so many B/Os in the city and that this was just one bad apple in a bunch. Don't even think about telling me otherwise.

The NYPD right they are fine men and women who represent an organization in disarray from DRUNKS who maim,kill, and injure to falsifying arrest

simply put they are no good right now I am going through it with them in traffic court because they hit the vehicle I was operating and then had the audacity to give me a citation for failure to yield ROW just to cover their asses

Lol failure to yield? Like you can move a damn bus around like a car! UGH!!

So if I posted about a nasty encounter with a B/O and proceeded to label them all as nasty useless people, you'd be fine with that?

I didn't think so. You'd tell me that there are so many B/Os in the city and that this was just one bad apple in a bunch. Don't even think about telling me otherwise.

Joe you cannot even begin to take a walk in my shoes I am the one fighting to keep my job because of his reckless actions and his not so credible witness claiming that I called him an idiot which is definitely not true and no I was not in my personal vehicle when this happened I was operating Bus 6682 when this occured as for one bad apple spoils the bunch he is a representative of the NYPD and when you do something as dumb as shooting out in front of a Bus you have a problem I don't know what they teach them in PADT but im sure it's not to pull a stunt like that

by the way the officer Lars Frantzen who's 27 but looks 37 young and dumb must think I have time to travel back and fourth to the DMV says he left his notes home because he had to attend criminal court the same day thats no excuse and these are the people they hire I was going to tell him not to waste my time and not to show up

Lol failure to yield? Like you can move a damn bus around like a car! UGH!!
Thank you SoSpectacular My point exactly and when I asked him where he was headed to he states across the street to an emergency so basically your telling me you couldn't get your lazy ass out of the patrol car and walk across the street so I go to the MidTown South/14th Precinct which is his command to pick up the police report I was astonished when I read his statement where he basically gave him self up writing he struck the bus but he goes on to lie and say I stated that I couldn't stop in my report I stated that I had to stop abruptly

he wrote he was responding to a 10-22 which is a past larceny but out of all of this not once did they leave the accident that they caused to respond to that so called emergency but instead had the time to give me a citation I smell a cover up

Gotta love police corruption... There's a nice picture I'd love to put in place here but I don't feel it's appropiate enough even though it's so true... Damn cuss words.
Yes sir at it's best and this is why people are critical of the NYPD I agree with joe yes there are some bad apples but I was crossed and my job is on the line I wonder how officer Frantzen would feel if he were in my shoes

I hope all of you people who always ***** about the cops never, ever need one. All you do is ***** about how horrible they are.

If they are so horrible, why is NYC the safest big city in the world? How have murders dropped from 2100 under Dinkins to around 500? Not bad for a city of 8 million.

One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch. That would be equivalent to me saying that all B/Os are jackasses because I saw one run a red light before.

Nobody is perfect. Not you, not me, not the NYPD.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/11/30/2009-11-30_judge_rips_nypd_on_false_arrests.html

I guess this is why this is the safest big city and while this is going on the City is paying out Millions

Archived