My subway map

E Local

Welcome to the boards!

The reason the picture isn't showing is because you don't have it on an image hosting site. Sign up at an image hosting site like Photobucket, ImageShack or Flickr and upload the file. Then they will give you an IMG code to paste into your post to show the image.

• 1 month later...
Unless those N/W lines are on a separate level from the 6, there is no way they can share the same tracks as the N/W trains are wider than the platforms for the 6.

no, the (N)(W) trains are at deeper level from the (6)/<6>, & i cant do that because then i will have to close that portion of the pelham stations to rebuild the platforms & tracks, that could waste money & it could take a long time, & south pelham riders would angry!

Welcome aboard! You've extended the (A)(C) and (1) lines?

yes, the (A) to the Bronx (242 street), the (C) to lefferts BLVD then to 125 street in queens, so now it's the second line that has 2 stations with the same name, like the (R), & the (1) to 251 street, more up in the Bronx to get faster service to westchester county.

hey guys if you see this map, you will know i made a few extensions:

(A)- extended to 242 street in the Bronx

(C)- extended first to lefferts BLVD in queens, then to 125 street in queens

(E)/(J)/(Z)/(Q6)- all extended to 177 street in queens

(D)- extended to E 242 street in the Bronx via Bronx BLVD

(F)- extended to 188 street in eastern queens

(G)- extended to 18 avenue in Brooklyn all times via local

(L)- extended to 23 street in Manhattan via 9th avenue

(N)/(W)- both extended to E 174 street in the Bronx

(R)- extended south to 100 street in Brooklyn & in queens extended to Jamaica-179 street via local

(1)- extended to 251 street, more up in the Bronx

(2)- extended to avenue J in Brooklyn

(3)- extended west to 8th avenue (wow 1 stop to the left)!

(4)- extended/ replacing (3) trains to new lots avenue all times

(5)- extended to Atlantic avenue, Brooklyn/ weekdays

(7)/<7>- both extended south to 23 street via 9th avenue in Manhattan & in queens extended to 155 street, eastern queens

yes, the (A) to the Bronx (242 street), the (C) to lefferts BLVD then to 125 street in queens, so now it's the second line that has 2 stations with the same name, like the (R), & the (1) to 251 street, more up in the Bronx to get faster service to westchester county.

You mean third line ((R) 36 Street and (:P 7 Av).

BTW, nice map!

You mean third line ((R) 36 Street and (B) 7 Av).

BTW, nice map!

I know what you mean, but in my map the (B) does not go on the Brighton line, the (Q6) replaces the (B) because there are 2 (Q6)/(Q) trains & i didn't want both of them going on the same line, so thanks for the compliment, im glad you like my map, i like yours too!

I know what you mean, but in my map the (B) does not go on the Brighton line, the (Q6) replaces the (B) because there are 2 (Q6)/(Q) trains & i didn't want both of them going on the same line, so thanks for the compliment, im glad you like my map, i like yours too!

But both still run over the Manny B.

I suggest you rename the (Q6) the (V).

Nice map, but I can tell you Sea Beach definitely doesn't need another service, as much as I'd love it.

Also, I have a few questions:

Where does the (Q6) switch onto the bridge tracks?

Does the (4) run local in Brooklyn now? Since the (5) would be in the way if it terminates at Atlantic...

Nice map, but I can tell you Sea Beach definitely doesn't need another service, as much as I'd love it.

Also, I have a few questions:

Where does the (Q6) switch onto the bridge tracks?

Does the (4) run local in Brooklyn now? Since the (5) would be in the way if it terminates at Atlantic...

*the (Q6) switches to the express for the bridge tracks before hitting W 4 street, thats why it runs via 53rd street with the (E).

*the (4) runs local in Brooklyn because the (3) runs express & terminates at crown heights-utica avenue

*the (5) only terminates at Atlantic avenue till 8:45, like in real life.

Excellent job on your maps, especially the track maps. But I think the two separate Q trains are confusing and the orange Q should get a different letter. It would be especially confusing for passengers at Herald Square, DeKalb and Atlantic where both Q's stop. Also, the only way you could have the (3) running express and the (5) terminating at Atlantic full-time would be to completely rebuilt the IRT Eastern Parkway line with flyover junctions south of Atlantic for the (3) and (4) to cross each other and pocket tracks for the (5) to relay on.

Excellent job on your maps, especially the track maps. But I think the two separate Q trains are confusing and the orange Q should get a different letter. It would be especially confusing for passengers at Herald Square, DeKalb and Atlantic where both Q's stop. Also, the only way you could have the (3) running express and the (5) terminating at Atlantic full-time would be to completely rebuilt the IRT Eastern Parkway line with flyover junctions south of Atlantic for the (3) and (4) to cross each other and pocket tracks for the (5) to relay on.

Back in the 80's there used to be a yellow (:P&(D) along with the original

I know. I took both. But that was because they had to split the B and D trains because the north side Manhattan Bridge tracks were shut down from 1986-88. But you wouldn't want to have two B and two D services on separate trunk lines today with all four bridge tracks in service. From 2001 to 2004, the north side tracks were closed a second time and the (MTA) called the Brooklyn B and D services (W) and (Q). Their reason: To minimize confusion.

this is a new map, it's the same of everything but now the (3) is running local, with the new track maps:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/subways/4305604430/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/subways/4304862103/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/subways/4304862075/sizes/l/

also in the Brooklyn 2 track map, just look closely after Franklin avenue & there are some switches for (3) trains to run express & terminate at crown heights, so the (2) & (4) need to share the local stops all times but nights!

Archived