Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

R142 on the IRT Flushing Line

WannaBeMTA12

are there ever r142 for the (7) line.....i would love to catch one, one day.

No, there are no R142s assigned to the (7) line. Many say that the first new tech the Flushing line will see might be the R188. As to how true this is, I really do not know.

No, there are no R142s assigned to the (7) line. Many say that the first new tech the Flushing line will see might be the R188. As to how true this is, I really do not know.

It seems plausible, aren't the R188s going to be the first IRT/A division cars to support automated control? The next target for automated trains after the L will be the 7, due to both being the exclusive service on their physical lines.

It seems plausible, aren't the R188s going to be the first IRT/A division cars to support automated control? The next target for automated trains after the L will be the 7, due to both being the exclusive service on their physical lines.

Who knows right now, but the next line to get CBTC/ATO is supposed to be the (7).

There was a thread already created on this topic already.Oh well.But I did hear that they did test R142`s on the (7) but I heard they had some clearence issues with the steinway tunnel and the third rail shoe kept disconnecting off of the third rail.Don`t quote me on this one,just confirm or deny.:)

I'm pretty sure we've had more than just one thread on this topic. Needless to say, it's been beaten to death. I'm sure there have been even more threads on SubChat about this as well.

Oh boy here we go................

The R142As Supplement order of 80 cars known to rail fans "R142S" (Tho theres no such thing), was suppose to go on the (7) line during the R142A production. They had it a set or 2 at Corona of course.. Back in 2003(Bef0re). Tho it never went to the (7) and was slowly sent to Jerome Avenue's (4) line Which are now on the (4).

As for R142s going on the (4), ignore that crap. Its a lie. Someone online is spreading bull crap roamers about this.. I've got PMs online a few times of people telling me this. Some I've gave sources of course. Originally people thought that Westchesters (6) was giving up its R142A and swapping it with the (7)s R62A since the (7) was/is going CBTC and the (6) could use the LED the (7) uses to identify Local and Express which the (6)<6> Pelham has.. And order additional R188s for the (7). I think this was in the past (MTA) site, but changed..

Plus converting some R142/As to CBTC and adding R188s. Leaving the routes with R142/As to get R62As

But those will never happened.

The R188 will be a new order(As well as B Divs R179 to replace R44/SIRTOA). The R188 will replace the R62As on the (7)<7> , NOT retiree them. Those R62As will be sent to the IRT West Side ether 242nd St Yd, 148th/Livonia or Union Port/180th Yard(Maybe not this bit 239th since Union Port is (5)), for additional Service.. Saw it on the (MTA)s website, an FAQ for 2010-2014..

I higly doubt the (2)(5) would get this since they swape cars at Flatbush and even 239th Street Yard. R62As woukd most likley return back to its (3) line and add a few more to 242nd (1). Any extras may hit the WPR..

As of now, there is NO official information on how the R179/R188 will look like, nor how much it will course, NOR when it comes out.. We are still dealing with R160 orders since 2005 and expected to be done by Mid-2010 or around, once the poor R32/R42s get removed(:))

Route Yards..- For the hell of it lol

(1)= 242nd, Bronx | (2)= E239th, Bronx | (3)= 148th, Manhattan/Livonia Avenue/Brooklyn | (4)= Jerome Avenue, Bronx | (5)= 180th/Union Port Road, Bronx | (6)<6>= Westchester Ave, Bronx | (7)<7> Corona, Queens | (S)42nd= Jerome Ave, Bronx

There a lot of ways of how this could play out since 400 R62A from the (7) makes a difference in the IRT car assignment. According to the FAQ this what the assignment turns out to be.

(1) R62A

(2) R62A & R142

(3) R62/A

(4) R142/A

(5) R62A & R142

(6) R142A

(7) R188

There a lot of ways of how this could play out since 400 R62A from the (7) makes a difference in the IRT car assignment. According to the FAQ this what the assignment turns out to be.

(2) R62A & R142

(5) R62A & R142

Not going to happen....the (2)(5) are going to be strictly R-142's!

Not going to happen....the (2)(5) are going to be strictly R-142's!

True, but you, I or any1 doesn't now bro. Only the top people on the (MTA) does..

(1) R62A

(2) R62A & R142

(3) R62/A

(4) R142/A

(5) R62A & R142

(6) R142A

(7) R188

This assignment doesn't exist all.. Thats NOT what the FAQ says!

It says lines from the IRT West Side! 242nd, 148th or Union Port(Tho likely not since its east side) will get them

I think the Unionport rd one got removed.. Since they update it..

EDIT:

Subway Cars

• Which lines will be receiving new subway cars?

A total of 146 new A Division cars are being purchased (including 23

purchased in the 2005-2009 program) which will be assigned to the Flushing

Line (#(7) train). These latest-generation cars are necessary for compatibility

with Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) signals that will be

installed on the line and to support extension of the #(7) line.

Existing Flushing cars being replaced by this purchase will be assigned to

other A Division lines - principally the West Side IRT.

So now its ether 242nd/148th/E239th Yard Ether one. But it may not even be E239th.. Who knows..

Archived