(L) service suspended right now

Pablo M 201

FOX 5 News just reported that someone was hit and killed by an (L) train in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn and that service on the line is currently suspended.

More info to come.

Meanwhile, heres the MTA Service Alert:

Posted on:12/26/2007 10:36:26&nbspPM

Due to a police investigation at the Sutter Avenue Station, there is no (L) train service in both directions between the Broadway Junction Station and the Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway Station.

Stations being bypassed are: Atlantic Avenue, Sutter Avenue, Livonia Avenue, New Lots Avenue, East 105th Street and Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway Station.

For service to/from Atlantic Avenue, Sutter Avenue, Livonia Avenue, New Lots Avenue, East 105th Street, customers are advised to take the B20 bus making nearby station stops along Pennsylvania Avenue.

For service to/from 105th Street and Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway Station customers are advised to take the B60 bus from/to the Wilson Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (L) trains at this time.

Thank God I gpt off at 9:30, just before it happened. My Brother called me up to see if it was me since I work the (L) line on Wednesdays. He got the word about it from RTO Command Center since he a Supt. at MTA Trainsit Bus Command Center. RTO calls them just incase busses are needed to replace the trains if its going to run long.

Rober

You got off at 9:30 so you where on the train in front of the incident train. I heard the whole thing on the radio. I not going to post too much exept the person was walking the tracks N/O Sutter and the T/O spotted him and placed the train in emergency before contact. The T/O was Female and seemed to handle that stressful situation very well Control keeped bugging her every 5 Minutes for a update.

You got off at 9:30 so you where on the train in front of the incident train. I heard the whole thing on the radio. I not going to post too much exept the person was walking the tracks N/O Sutter and the T/O spotted him and placed the train in emergency before contact. The T/O was Female and seemed to handle that stressful situation very well Control keeped bugging her every 5 Minutes for a update.

You walking those tracks and a train takes you out..

No symapthy from me sorry...

It was raining at that what was this person thinking??

"The Person is gone Control what more do you want to know?"

Yeah it was rainning so hard at the time it even rainned in my cab R42 at the time the call came in. We orignally didn't know it was a 12-9 so I just was feeling for the T/O since she had to walk the roadbed to see where the person went but she told them about 3 Minutes later "Confirmed 12-9 " then all hell breaks lose.

Yeah it was rainning so hard at the time it even rainned in my cab R42 at the time the call came in. We orignally didn't know it was a 12-9 so I just was feeling for the T/O since she had to walk the roadbed to see where the person went but she told them about 3 Minutes later "Confirmed 12-9 " then all hell breaks lose.
Yep I heard it come over the radio too. The railroad blew up as soon as she said that.

God that sucks for th T/O, thats what you get when your in a place you don't belong. I heard that there was another 12-9 near Prospect Park on the Q and B this morning. What the hell are people thinking, and I hope both T/Os can fully recover and are able to work again.

God that sucks for th T/O, thats what you get when your in a place you don't belong. I heard that there was another 12-9 near Prospect Park on the Q and B this morning. What the hell are people thinking, and I hope both T/Os can fully recover and are able to work again.

Ya man, two 12-9s in two days in B Div is not good.

That joyful time that everyone was having is definately gone......back to normal now.

Well I do think people are still having a good time, you know time with family and friends. This time of year is also a time when many people do get depressed because they don't have friends or family and it can cause some to do unthinkable things such as jumping under a train. I don't feel bad that they die, it was their decision, but I feel for those who have to deal with it and clean it up. There are alot of people out there who need help.

The (L) line did not have a good 24 hour time frame on Wednesday. At around 1:00am a T/O just off Probation split a switch in CNR yard with an R160. From what I got he was doing a wash for OT and took it upon himself to speed up the move. He never looked at the signal to see if was clear and never at for permission to leave the track and never read witch way the switch was set. All three turned into a split switch with a derailment. If it was a R143's in CBTC yard mode this would have never have happened. I don't know waht is going to happen with him, if he lucky he just might get a few days in the street and sent back to school car for retraining. I know the T/O he was one of my C/R the first time I worked on the L line. We had a 5 triper on Sundays togeather, he a very nice guy. I wish him luck.

Archived