Help Me Transit

Meesh

Okay so my list number been past on the 5025 list. I just went down today to 180 Livingston St to take the drug test they should be calling me soon. But on the application they ask do I have any violations. While I was attending away college last year, while driving other students home (because that is how many college students make their money is driving people from upstate NY to the city) I was pulled over due to a electrical problem with my car that made the head light go out. Long story short they searched my car and one of the students that I was transporting to school had marijuana in their bag. I never thought it was necessary to do a check of my passengers’ bag. But anyway they took the blame and since upstate is so poor they charged him with a misdemeanor. and me with a violation unlawful possession of marijuana because one and was my car and their poor city want money. They advised me to plea guilty if I didn’t they would charge me with a misdemeanor the same thing they charged the guy who bag it was. So my question is do I put this on the application for B/O and would this disqualify me?

Uh Oh!! This does not sound good.The lesson learned here is to pick a better group of friends.

I believe that this is going to be a problem for you.I dont see how you are going to be hired.Then again,the MTA has hired people with a bad past,as long as they were honest about it.This incident though is to recent In my opnion.

This is a case of guilty by association. Did the police officer ask first if he could search inside your car? He must have had reasonable suspicion to do so. I can see shining a flashlight inside your car but to go through your passengers bags?

They usually ask you first if you have any weapons or drugs in the car before searching. If I were you I would consult a lawyer for advice. I don't think this would disqualify you but it will hold up your pre hiring process. They will investigate this and make sure that you aren't lying. I feel bad for you because this really isn't any of your fault.

Fortunately I have not been in the job market for a long time but the last time I applied for any job all they asked if I was ever convicted of a felony. Now just to be clear this wasn't the MTA or any transit agency so I don't how they do it.

Is the MTA asking you to list misdemeanors? :confused: Because if they are not then I wouldn't put it. I wouldn't take that chance. As long as you don't have any felonies under your belt and you're drug free I wouldn't worry. And if you mean violations like moving violations, what happened to you wasn't a moving violation.

Please anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a case of guilty by association. Did the police officer ask first if he could search inside your car? He must have had reasonable suspicion to do so. I can see shining a flashlight inside your car but to go through your passengers bags?

They usually ask you first if you have any weapons or drugs in the car before searching. If I were you I would consult a lawyer for advice. I don't think this would disqualify you but it will hold up your pre hiring process. They will investigate this and make sure that you aren't lying. I feel bad for you because this really isn't any of your fault.

YES, they did and I had no problem wit it, cause I really didn't know and of course the person who bag it was didn't say anything until they found it. Upstate is bad with drugs so during holidays they have a K9 at the exit we get off for school at and have it walk around various cars. And since my light was out they stopped me for a reg traffic stop. I'm over pissed trying to make some easy cash by driving ppl home for vacation might cost me a good job. I'm going to be completely honest and pray for the best and expect the worst. On my pre-employment app. do you think I should tell them the full story or they probably don't care.

Fortunately I have not been in the job market for a long time but the last time I applied for any job all they asked if I was ever convicted of a felony. Now just to be clear this wasn't the MTA or any transit agency so I don't how they do it.

Is the MTA asking you to list misdemeanors? :confused: Because if they are not then I wouldn't put it. I wouldn't take that chance. As long as you don't have any felonies under your belt and you're drug free I wouldn't worry. And if you mean violations like moving violations, what happened to you wasn't a moving violation.

Please anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

It wasnt even a misdemeanor it's a violation they just needed something to charge me wit. They charged me for the light no seat belt and unlawful possession of marijuana mind u I had my seat belt on. I thought he was doin me a favor he kept sayin u kno I could charge u with a misdemeanor for the marijuana.

It wasnt even a misdemeanor it's a violation they just needed something to charge me wit. They charged me for the light no seat belt and unlawful possession of marijuana mind u I had my seat belt on. I thought he was doin me a favor he kept sayin u kno I could charge u with a misdemeanor for the marijuana.

Ok I read you now. :tup:

In your case I don't know then. It sounds a bit complicated. Good luck with the process and I hope you get in.

Do list it on the application, and make sure you have court papers with you when you go in.

BTW MTA already knows about this because it is on your record, so by liying you will kick your self in the nuts. It aint a big deal , so there should be no problem, it aint no felony.

Thanks Guys hopefully everything goes well def learned my lesson I can't drive anyone to the corner store cause u never kno wat they have on them. So my next process is medical then training Hopefully.

lol i think the purple sign where it says gender means meesh is a female :eek:

Duhhhh, i did not look at that ( this is not a dating forum, we are all the same here :))))))) )

but in any case to be politically correct, i should have sad " you have kicked your self in the forehead "

B)

When younger(17-18 years old) i was caught with 55-60 bags of pot, almost 2 ounces. I have currently been a B/O with the MTA since april of 08. I had to show paper work showing that the case was sealed which i got from the courts. if iwas you i would talk to a lawyer just to see what they say.

I'm wondering also, in '04 i was plead guilty to a misd. and paid a fine and did community service and 1 year probation, after that it was closed. should I tell the mta that if its asked?

you have no choice but tell them the truth. even a minor ticket like you jump the subway turnstile. they will ask you to go get a paper from that court. you will be finger print for any court records. once they find out you didn't tell them even one thing, they will axe you in the spot. no excuse on your part because they will ask you so many times about this. they are serious

you have no choice but tell them the truth. even a minor ticket like you jump the subway turnstile. they will ask you to go get a paper from that court. you will be finger print for any court records. once they find out you didn't tell them even one thing, they will axe you in the spot. no excuse on your part because they will ask you so many times about this. they are serious

OK, so I tell them the truth show them the court papers and since it was minor, not a felony this won't hurt my chances of getting hired?

OK, so I tell them the truth show them the court papers and since it was minor, not a felony this won't hurt my chances of getting hired?

it won't hurt your chances, most people didn't get hire for either fail drug test, fail medical exam or the final MTA road test.

Okay so I spoke to a friend of mine today that started working for transit as a train conductor a couple of months ago he had a felony and did time for control substance charge they just made him go to the court to get a deposition and he was fine...so hopefully I will be fine also..I think transit just want u to be str8 up with them...I rather let them kno now then to start working and get called down to 180 Livingston Embarrassing...but i'll be finding out real soon..Waiting to be called back to do my medical and get this over with...Wish me luck

i second this. if you lie on your application and the mta finds out about it (it may take some time but eventually they will), don't think that since you passed school car that you are in the clear and they won't fire you. they have... and they will.

Ok, but what about if you were a minor(15 yrs old) at the time you got caught jumping the turnstile? :P that record is sealed isn't it?

about the last thread if you had a felony for drug possesion yes tell them but just going to court and getting your dispostion from them will not satisfy them on hiring.you must also have completed a substance abuse program and show proof.then its up to them if they still want to hire you but they take using drugs and being arrested for them also seriously your chances of them hiring you are very slim to no chance at all i would say lawyer up it will help but not gauranteed:cry:

Archived