Christmas Vacation Railfan Trip

cool.i guess ill join. i need to get somre more shots on the (J) and (Z) with the R42's.

Great! me to,I never been on the (J)(Z):(

----------------------------------------------------------------

heres another option we can do:

When we get to Bway Junction on the (J),we can get the (L) to Canarsie instead of the (A) to JFK,than take the (L) back to Bway Junction and then get the (A) to JFK,if we do this then we have to meet up at 10a instead of 11a

Great! me to,I never been on the (J)(Z):)

----------------------------------------------------------------

heres another option we can do:

When we get to Bway Junction on the (J),we can get the (L) to Canarsie instead of the (A) to JFK,than take the (L) back to Bway Junction and then get the (A) to JFK,if we do this then we have to meet up at 10a instead of 11a

you serious?? lol,i thought a person like you would have been on all the lines,ive ridden on all the lines,the last line that i rode that completed it was the (Z). and leave it as 11.10 is wayy to early.

you serious?? lol,i thought a person like you would have been on all the lines,ive ridden on all the lines,the last line that i rode that completed it was the (Z). and leave it as 11.10 is wayy to early.

Yep,I never been on the (A) past Utica Ave or the (L) in Bklyn either,most of these lines will be my first :cool:

and yea,we'll leave it at 11,but if we still did the (L) what time do you think we'll get to 62 St (D) where the trip ends? Im thinking around 5p

Alright,then we'll do this then:

When: Monday December 28th

Time/Meet-Up Location: 11am, 4th Ave-9th St (F) Manhattan Bound Platform, (R)(M)-Manhattan-Queens Entrance/Exit

(F) to Delancey/Essex St -- Transfer to the (J)

(J) to Bway Junction -- Transfer to the (L)

(L) to Canarsie -- Transfer back to the (L)

(L) to Bway Junction -- Transfer to the (A)

(A) to JFK Airport -- Transfer back to the (A)

(A) to Nostrand Ave -- Transfer to the (C)

(C) one stop to Franklin Ave -- Transfer to the (S)

(S) to Prospect Park -- Transfer to the (Q)

(Q) to Coney Island -- Transfer to the (D)

(D) to 62 St -- End Trip -- Transfer to the (N) to go home

Is this better?

Sound great, I can't wait and it would be warmer, B)!

lol,great

We weren't going into the Rockaways in the first place though. Broad Channel isn't the Rockaways and it's not much colder at all.

Your right,we werent going into the Rockaways,but Broad Channel is over water to like the Rockaways so it is a little colder over there to. So we'll just stick with not going past JFK.

and what time do you guys think we'll get to 62 st on the (D)?

lol,great

Your right,we werent going into the Rockaways,but Broad Channel is over water to like the Rockaways so it is a little colder over there to. So we'll just stick with not going past JFK.

and what time do you guys think we'll get to 62 st on the (D)?

i would say around 3 pm the most.

I'm leaning towards not going. I hope everyone has fun on the trip.

ahhh,ok.

Sounds long!

lol,not really! are you gonna come on the trip?

You know, if my schedule and weather allow me, I might give it a go. Plus, I've never been on a railfan trip before, so it should be fun. ^^ Not to mention, I'd be excited bumping into some NYC Transit Forum friends. ^^

That would be great!

I just checked the weather,its gonna be 40 degrees,Mostly Cloudy.....but it does show late day snow and getting colder,as theres a front coming through. As long as theres no rain,this trip will not be cancelled

I just checked the weather,its gonna be 40 degrees,Mostly Cloudy.....but it does show late day snow and getting colder,as theres a front coming through. As long as theres no rain,this trip will not be cancelled

cloudy? no sun? dang.i was hoping for some sun.makes photos come out better

Archived