MTA whistleblower needs stitches after alleged shove onto tracks

Y2Julio

An MTA whistleblower who helped expose track workers sitting around idle for hours every day claims he was shoved off a Brooklyn platform onto a live railway.

Subway worker Juan de los Santos suffered a broken nose, broken teeth and a gash that needed eight stitches when he slammed into the tracks at the Wilson Ave. station on the L line early Wednesday, he told the Daily News.

"I thought I was going to die," de los Santos, 43, said.

The NYPD is investigating, spokesman Paul Browne said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/12/08/2009-12-08_whistleblower_breaks_nose_loses_teeth_needs_stitches_after_alleged_shove_onto_tr.html

post-1245-133288581218_thumb.jpg

post-1245-133288581218_thumb.jpg

Thats messed up.I mean the guy is trying to do the right thing.At least if he is going to blow the whistle,he could of at least kept a lower profile.And it must be some truth to the claim that track workers slack off for some one to do that.This guy could oof been killed by the third rail, or a train.

Theres more to this has to be he didnt rat people out of a reason theres always a reason im guessing they had something on HIM or somebody pissed him off and he started singing.

Thats how it usually works down here which is kinda silly.

I have a feeling he was pushed, he exposed some people goofing off on the job and now they have to work more, obviously theyre gunna want revenge.

He's lucky noone shoved him into an oncomming train.

Thery were not goofing around. They were waiting for permission to enter the track area. It's amazing how people read and see what they want.

Theres more to this has to be he didnt rat people out of a reason theres always a reason im guessing they had something on HIM or somebody pissed him off and he started singing.

Thats how it usually works down here which is kinda silly.

There has got to be more to this story then what is in the article. No one in their right mind tries to mess with someones livelihood for no reason. Plus, the guy says that he does not even know if he was pushed to begin with.

he probably deserved it. he is probably the person that hates on people slacking off because he always get caught slacking off or he is the person taking the slack because he could be low on senority. he broke a unwritten rule "keep the problems in house" now look what he started.

also i find it funny the public is in a uproar, meanwhile these are probably the same people that take 10 smoke breaks a day, surf the web at work and do other things.

I guess you never got the memo. Since your a civil service worker you are supposed to work as hard as you can all day, work for bad pay, and get bad benefits. If the public had their way, you guys would work for free.

wow . i read about this in the newspaper earlier . thats horrible . poor guy . home mta or nypd find who did this . this guy who did it is going to be in alot of trouble and this happend on the L line . hope they find the guy who did it .

wow . i read about this in the newspaper earlier . thats horrible . poor guy . home mta or nypd find who did this . this guy who did it is going to be in alot of trouble and this happend on the L line . hope they find the guy who did it .

If he was in fact pushed. He says that he does not even know if he was, he just thinks he was.

I've been nudged pretty hard before both in trains and while waiting to board while standing behind the line, i don't blame him for being honest and not claiming to be pushed if it wasn't intentional.

It reminds me of KKK & mafia tactics for terror & intimidation. Scary. :confused::tdown:

- A

Let me tell you a little about Mr de los santos. He has an agenda. He has been nothing but problems since the day he was hired. A guy I used to work with was in Track School with this TURD. He tried to get the instructors fired. I forgot the story, but remember being told he sent some kind of letter to Labor Relations at Jay St complaining about something the instructors did or didn't do. THIS HAPPENED IN SCHOOL!!! HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE FIELD YET!!! Believe me everything at the school is run by the book and the instructors do not mess around. My friend(who will remain nameless) also told me Mr. de los Santos informed everybody in school that he wanted to work in the I.G's office. The I.G's office is our equivalent to the NYPD's Internal Affairs. In layman's terms he wanted to be a RAT from day 1. He made it through Track School and was working in the Bronx and did not make many friends there. People seen him for what he was(a P.O.S).He had it out for some of the guys that work up there and had a personal vendetta against them.

The channel 7 investigation that he started achieved two things for him: 1) He got to exact revenge on the targeted employees.

2) In his demented mind he thinks he's building a resume for a job in the I.G's office.

Fortunately for us, NYCT realizes he has mental issues and will not put him to work for the I.G. So they put him back to work for the Track Dept where he does not want to be. This brings us to the current situation.

The I.G just released his findings in the old investigation. Channel 7 picked up the story again and did another report a few days ago. Also all the newspapers picked up on the story again. Mr. de los Santos seized an opportunity to capitalize on the current press and INJURED HIMSELF, and essentially accused his fellow Trackmen of attempted murder to thrust himself into the spotlight to try once again to get transferred from the Track Dept to an Internal job.

He has mental problems and needs professional help.

Well he is a rat but at the same time Ive seen many a track workers passed out sleeping on the wooden benches for long periods of time and they are getting paid for it yet the MTA cries poor. Its their fault they are broke for all of the wasteful spending and of pissing away money for bogus projects, crazy wreckless unjustified spending and for paying these people to sleep.

Well he is a rat but at the same time Ive seen many a track workers passed out sleeping on the wooden benches for long periods of time and they are getting paid for it yet the MTA cries poor. Its their fault they are broke for all of the wasteful spending and of pissing away money for bogus projects, crazy wreckless unjustified spending and for paying these people to sleep.

No,the reason they're(NYCT)broke is that they relied on the stock market and real estate investments just like a lot of people and got burned in this bad economy. Also another problem is they're not charging the riding public enough. They would rather have the NYCT workers living in boxes than raise the fares to where they should be. It costs more to run the electricity 24/7 than the daily fares collected. NYCT was never designed to be a money making"business". It always relies on Federal, City, and State subsidies to run efficiently. The City has tremendously cut the amount they put into the system. The State is following suit saying it's broke. Where are they gonna make up the difference? On the workers backs of course. As far as Track Workers "Passed out" on benches, I'm sure they were waiting to get on the Tracks but should not be sleeping while waiting. Next time you see a "Passed out"Trackworker on a bench, confront him and tell him your concerns. They're very reasonable people and would love to have a conversation with you about wasteful spending.

Archived