MTA whistleblower needs stitches after alleged shove onto tracks

Y2Julio

he probably deserved it. he is probably the person that hates on people slacking off because he always get caught slacking off or he is the person taking the slack because he could be low on senority. he broke a unwritten rule "keep the problems in house" now look what he started.

I feel he should have not exposed himself now apparently he dos"nt know how transit works. What would he have said if he worked in the 50"s or early 60"s when the union had REAL contracts bent towards employees(work RULES) that have been taken away like track workers not working on EL"s in bad weather?

Let me tell you a little about Mr de los santos. He has an agenda. He has been nothing but problems since the day he was hired. A guy I used to work with was in Track School with this TURD. He tried to get the instructors fired. I forgot the story, but remember being told he sent some kind of letter to Labor Relations at Jay St complaining about something the instructors did or didn't do. THIS HAPPENED IN SCHOOL!!! HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE FIELD YET!!! Believe me everything at the school is run by the book and the instructors do not mess around. My friend(who will remain nameless) also told me Mr. de los Santos informed everybody in school that he wanted to work in the I.G's office. The I.G's office is our equivalent to the NYPD's Internal Affairs. In layman's terms he wanted to be a RAT from day 1. He made it through Track School and was working in the Bronx and did not make many friends there. People seen him for what he was(a P.O.S).He had it out for some of the guys that work up there and had a personal vendetta against them.

The channel 7 investigation that he started achieved two things for him: 1) He got to exact revenge on the targeted employees.

2) In his demented mind he thinks he's building a resume for a job in the I.G's office.

Fortunately for us, NYCT realizes he has mental issues and will not put him to work for the I.G. So they put him back to work for the Track Dept where he does not want to be. This brings us to the current situation.

The I.G just released his findings in the old investigation. Channel 7 picked up the story again and did another report a few days ago. Also all the newspapers picked up on the story again. Mr. de los Santos seized an opportunity to capitalize on the current press and INJURED HIMSELF, and essentially accused his fellow Trackmen of attempted murder to thrust himself into the spotlight to try once again to get transferred from the Track Dept to an Internal job.

He has mental problems and needs professional help.

LOL last time I checked the Inspector General's office was an Independent Office which investigated wrong doing and corruption in this case I dont see either one here

now if he wanted to work for the IG he needs to go investigate the wrong doing that the (MTA) is doing money hungry basterds sucking these poor New Yorkers dry

Another thing people seem to forget.. NYCT is civil service, if you 'PASS' the employment qualifications, you get the job.. Sooner or later though, the weirdness or agenda eventually comes out of hiding.. We get them, PD & FD, everyone has them.. Look at the Masacre at Ft.Hood..

If he was 'pushed' as he states, usually you know which co-workers your walking with, who, how many were detained, or questioned or arrested?

What gets me is, if this guy was SO concerned with people standing around on company time, why didn't he submit official documentation & use official channels to get this situation remedied?? Personally, I never met the man, or know of him other than off here, but it sounds like he wanted his 15 minutes.. Unfortunately ifor him, in NYC, that goes by in 15 seconds..

Yep sounds to me like this guy was pretty new, saw others who had the seniority, and wanted to do what they did...not realizing they only got there because they did what he'd been asked to do...

Personally I like the seniority system, it's a good idea. I've had it with "private industry" and people moving up in scheduling based on BS, instead of some kind of system that makes sense or applies fairly.

When I worked baseball camp, I got passed over for an award, promotion, and a bonus...why? The boss wanted to give it to someone else who was a rookie, and would have left if he lost. He got it, and left anyway. Fine, so I left too.

Working in accounting, it is completely haphazard who gets the bad jobs and who gets the s****y ones (there are no good ones). Some newbie can be sitting around on their ass doing nothing like they have the last 3 weeks, and I can just have worked a 100+ hour week, and be unassigned for the first time in 9 months, and they will ask ME to go to some other job working 80+ hours instead of THEM. I booked sick on the spot when that happened.

Seniority is better than the alternative, and this guy probably never will get that. Now he's pissed everybody off, and he'll probably sue, and TA and the TAxpayers will probably pay him off so he never tries to work for them again...IG, track, or anything...

Yep sounds to me like this guy was pretty new, saw others who had the seniority, and wanted to do what they did...not realizing they only got there because they did what he'd been asked to do...

Personally I like the seniority system, it's a good idea. I've had it with "private industry" and people moving up in scheduling based on BS, instead of some kind of system that makes sense or applies fairly.

When I worked baseball camp, I got passed over for an award, promotion, and a bonus...why? The boss wanted to give it to someone else who was a rookie, and would have left if he lost. He got it, and left anyway. Fine, so I left too.

Working in accounting, it is completely haphazard who gets the bad jobs and who gets the s****y ones (there are no good ones). Some newbie can be sitting around on their ass doing nothing like they have the last 3 weeks, and I can just have worked a 100+ hour week, and be unassigned for the first time in 9 months, and they will ask ME to go to some other job working 80+ hours instead of THEM. I booked sick on the spot when that happened.

Seniority is better than the alternative, and this guy probably never will get that. Now he's pissed everybody off, and he'll probably sue, and TA and the TAxpayers will probably pay him off so he never tries to work for them again...IG, track, or anything...

Good post.

well if they were doing what they were supposed to, why did they feel the need to attack this guy

I wasn't referring to this situation about the track worker being pushed. I am referring to the part of your sentence where you said track workers were goofing around. Even after the previous articles state that track wokers wait for permission.

How do you know they attack this guy?

If Mr De Santos so cares about MTA wasting money on track workers waiting around, why doesn't he give back the money he made waiting around.

By the way everyone, whatever money you think track workers are "stealing" most of them will give it back with their lives. The health hazards Track workers face everyday will shorten their lives.

This is just a mess that didn't have to be. This will cause more problems than it will solve.

This won't cause more problems...this is the problem. There was no issue until this asshat felt he wanted his name in the paper. It's a true shame that people could lose their jobs because this guy has an overinflated ego.

No,the reason they're(NYCT)broke is that they relied on the stock market and real estate investments just like a lot of people and got burned in this bad economy. Also another problem is they're not charging the riding public enough. They would rather have the NYCT workers living in boxes than raise the fares to where they should be. It costs more to run the electricity 24/7 than the daily fares collected. NYCT was never designed to be a money making"business". It always relies on Federal, City, and State subsidies to run efficiently. The City has tremendously cut the amount they put into the system. The State is following suit saying it's broke. Where are they gonna make up the difference? On the workers backs of course. As far as Track Workers "Passed out" on benches, I'm sure they were waiting to get on the Tracks but should not be sleeping while waiting. Next time you see a "Passed out"Trackworker on a bench, confront him and tell him your concerns. They're very reasonable people and would love to have a conversation with you about wasteful spending.

Yeah right riders are not paying enough? who are you kidding, service is horrible as well as the quality. Why should we pay more? $2.25 isnt enough? Its not like people are taking the subway for 50+ miles. A majority of the public only take the subways for 10 miles or less each way so how is $2.25 not enough? It's not my problem the MTA lost money in the sotck market and real estate. They are in a transportation business, not an investment business. Fact of the matter is they piss away money on projects that either dont get finished, get dragged out and last way longer than they should or they just stockpile equipment until it is obsolete or no longer of any value. And approach a track worker about sleeping? Nah dude, its mot my job, I dont work for the MTA as forman or supervisor. I dont get paid to sleep just because Im waiting for a computer to break so I can fix it.....

If Mr De Santos so cares about MTA wasting money on track workers waiting around, why doesn't he give back the money he made waiting around.

By the way everyone, whatever money you think track workers are "stealing" most of them will give it back with their lives. The health hazards Track workers face everyday will shorten their lives.

amen

Spoke to a gentleman today who currently works with Mr. de los Santos. He was not on that particular job, but was told from someone that was there that Mr. de los Santos dropped something(a joint bar)in the tracks and JUMPED onto the tracks(from the platform) to retrieve it. He somehow landed the wrong way and on his face. He also acknowledged the fact that every one knows he's mentally unstable. The MTA I.G Barry Kluger interviewed him after the incident. Wish I was a fly on the wall for that interview. Think he gave him his resume?

LOL last time I checked the Inspector General's office was an Independent Office which investigated wrong doing and corruption in this case I dont see either one here

now if he wanted to work for the IG he needs to go investigate the wrong doing that the (MTA) is doing money hungry basterds sucking these poor New Yorkers dry

Your right, The MTA I.G (Mr Kluger) is appointed by the Governor to provide independent oversight to all the operations of the MTA. I don't think Mr de los Santos could ever be transferred there. I'm not sure of NYCT internal investigation protocol and how it's handled.

The I.G found "wrong doing" in the first investigation(in the Bronx) and said it would be addressed, but didn't say how or when.

It's not my problem the MTA lost money in the sotck market and real estate. They are in a transportation business, not an investment business.

My point exactly, but sh*t rolls downhill. Who do you think is gonna make up for their investment shortcomings? You, Joe Public. They can tell you they're not gonna raise fares till they're blue in the face but we know better,dont we. They're millions in the red now(according to them). Wait till the Judge upholds the arbitration ruling. They'll announce that day that there will be fare increases to pay for the raises. Everybody likes to pick on the little fella. It's the guy making $50,000 a year's fault that the MTA is hundreds of millions in debt. Maybe NYCT should cut back on the 500 lawyers they have on the payroll to save some money. Or the layers upon layers of management they have pushing pencils making six figures a year.Nah, we'll blame it on the "working stiffs", who struggle to pay bills just like everyone else.

My point exactly, but sh*t rolls downhill. Who do you think is gonna make up for their investment shortcomings? You, Joe Public. They can tell you they're not gonna raise fares till they're blue in the face but we know better,dont we. They're millions in the red now(according to them). Wait till the Judge upholds the arbitration ruling. They'll announce that day that there will be fare increases to pay for the raises. Everybody likes to pick on the little fella. It's the guy making $50,000 a year's fault that the MTA is hundreds of millions in debt. Maybe NYCT should cut back on the 500 lawyers they have on the payroll to save some money. Or the layers upon layers of management they have pushing pencils making six figures a year.Nah, we'll blame it on the "working stiffs", who struggle to pay bills just like everyone else.

Exactly. Blame it on the employees who are ACTUALLY GETTING THEM TO AND FROM THEIR DESTINATION, rather than the folks on the payroll who are providing redundant layers of supervision and back office support, and legal council.

If this country strung every lawyer that is not a DA or a criminal defense attorney out to sea, the cost of living in this country would drop at least 30% overnight.

Exactly. Blame it on the employees who are ACTUALLY GETTING THEM TO AND FROM THEIR DESTINATION, rather than the folks on the payroll who are providing redundant layers of supervision and back office support, and legal council.

If this country strung every lawyer that is not a DA or a criminal defense attorney out to sea, the cost of living in this country would drop at least 30% overnight.

I've been transporting people to and from their destinations for over a quarter century yet rarely have I heard a "thank you" from a rider. When I do hear it it's usually an older person or a tourist. My response is that I'm just doing my job and let it go. Now lately I've been reading that I'm an overpaid, lazy, greedy person who's going to drive the fare up because I want a raise. Then some "whistle-blower", with an agenda and obvious mental problems, impugns the integrity of every worker out here by calling the press and the I.G.. Last time I looked the (MTA) supervisors, management, along with OSHA, set out those rules, not the hourly workers or the union. It has been said that s..t rolls downhill, so for all you haters and union-busters out there I suggest that your argument starts and ends at the top of the mountain and not with the low men on the totem pole. Believe me I feel your frustrations but you're being scammed, just like the hourlies, by those on top and not us. Just my 2 cents.

I've been transporting people to and from their destinations for over a quarter century yet rarely have I heard a "thank you" from a rider. When I do hear it it's usually an older person or a tourist. My response is that I'm just doing my job and let it go. Now lately I've been reading that I'm an overpaid, lazy, greedy person who's going to drive the fare up because I want a raise. Then some "whistle-blower", with an agenda and obvious mental problems, impugns the integrity of every worker out here by calling the press and the I.G.. Last time I looked the (MTA) supervisors, management, along with OSHA, set out those rules, not the hourly workers or the union. It has been said that s..t rolls downhill, so for all you haters and union-busters out there I suggest that your argument starts and ends at the top of the mountain and not with the low men on the totem pole. Believe me I feel your frustrations but you're being scammed, just like the hourlies, by those on top and not us. Just my 2 cents.

True of all for profit and not for profit organizations in this country today, including (MTA) as well as big business. This problem is SYSTEMIC

fyi line managers make about 240thousand and the line managers general manager makes about 300thousand and what do they do? most of the day nothing.

Thats the real waste right there, not the actual workers who can't work because of work place rules.

You'll never read about that in the NY media.

Because the media supports the rich.

Look at history. We've come full circle again. Every time things are let go for a while the rich abuse it and get even richer. Reform doesn't come until a LOT of people get VERY angry about it and take matters into their own hands. In many cases, sadly, it involves people going to jail, dying, getting hurt, and suffering. I know, I know...we live in a free country. But freedom isn't as complete as you think and people have to struggle to fight for what's theirs.

A working man will have to scream bloody murder to get an extra $2 an hour with the media, which costs let's say 100 million dollars to do. Meanwhile a bunch of "executive types" will give themselves raises totaling 200 million and not a peep out of the media. The media is the agenda of the rich, and the sooner people read it and learn to read between the lines, the smarter and better off they will be. By keeping the people "stoopid", the media keeps the sheeple down: "If they don't know how hard they're getting screwed, they won't do anything about it."

Sadly it does not look as though things will get better for some time in general, barring some sort of "wake up" event that shakes the politicians and the rich to their core, because fear seems to be the only language these people speak these days..they've been using it against you for years...fear of missing out on stock profits (buy this stock it's been going up - "then we'll sell, you'll lose"), fear of being seen as poor ("here use this credit card with 25% interest and a 5% monthly minimum payment"), fear of violence ("nanny state/gun control"), fear of terrorism ("here we'll sign away your rights for you so you feel safe")...so maybe that's the only language that will work against them.

Because the media supports the rich.

Look at history. We've come full circle again. Every time things are let go for a while the rich abuse it and get even richer. Reform doesn't come until a LOT of people get VERY angry about it and take matters into their own hands. In many cases, sadly, it involves people going to jail, dying, getting hurt, and suffering. I know, I know...we live in a free country. But freedom isn't as complete as you think and people have to struggle to fight for what's theirs.

A working man will have to scream bloody murder to get an extra $2 an hour with the media, which costs let's say 100 million dollars to do. Meanwhile a bunch of "executive types" will give themselves raises totaling 200 million and not a peep out of the media. The media is the agenda of the rich, and the sooner people read it and learn to read between the lines, the smarter and better off they will be. By keeping the people "stoopid", the media keeps the sheeple down: "If they don't know how hard they're getting screwed, they won't do anything about it."

Sadly it does not look as though things will get better for some time in general, barring some sort of "wake up" event that shakes the politicians and the rich to their core, because fear seems to be the only language these people speak these days..they've been using it against you for years...fear of missing out on stock profits (buy this stock it's been going up - "then we'll sell, you'll lose"), fear of being seen as poor ("here use this credit card with 25% interest and a 5% monthly minimum payment"), fear of violence ("nanny state/gun control"), fear of terrorism ("here we'll sign away your rights for you so you feel safe")...so maybe that's the only language that will work against them.

That's an ironic statement, because Conservative America sees the media as liberal, and biased against the rich in favor of taxes given to "undeserving" poor. And then this is why nobody challenges the rich. Because they all believe they deserve what they have, because they "worked hard" (like the rest of us don't?) and the reason things are so tight is because of "taxes" and "liberal spending" on "social programs".

Like Bloomberg in the political campaign talking about going back to the blight of the 70's if taxes are raised. so all those slumlords who allowed buildings to decay, abandoned them, and sometimes even set the fires themselves to collect insutrance, couldn't help themselves, because of taxes --given to the poor. This is what much of the entire country still believes.

That's an ironic statement, because Conservative America sees the media as liberal, and biased against the rich in favor of taxes given to "undeserving" poor. And then this is why nobody challenges the rich. Because they all believe they deserve what they have, because they "worked hard" (like the rest of us don't?) and the reason things are so tight is because of "taxes" and "liberal spending" on "social programs".

Like Bloomberg in the political campaign talking about going back to the blight of the 70's if taxes are raised. so all those slumlords who allowed buildings to decay, abandoned them, and sometimes even set the fires themselves to collect insutrance, couldn't help themselves, because of taxes --given to the poor. This is what much of the entire country still believes.

Yup it is ironic. They don't see that it's not a liberal/conservative thing. The liberals tax and spend, in such a way that most of that money makes its way back to the rich in the end anyway. The conservatives cut taxes and cut spending, but they cut regulations so the money that does move around (which is less) still goes back to the rich.

The rich don't "deserve" what they have. As I told every rich kid growing up who was a snotty s***, your daddy's rich, not you. The magic credit card children grow up with this entitled attitude, and yet the self made rich are actually in most cases very reasonable and respectful. The magic credit card children grown up are a blight on society and we are stuck with them. Yeah, they work so hard...a CEO works so hard that if he wants to play golf at 2pm, he can, and the business goes on, and he keeps making money. It doesn't work that way in any other job. These people are no smarter than the rest of us, no better, no more entitled, and yet people hold them on a pedestal because they want to BE these people even though they will never get a chance. Didn't this whole financial crisis prove that all the so called "smart and sophisticated" investors took a bath as bad or worse than the rest of us by percentage? The only difference is they had a lot more cash to cushion the blow.

They are NOT smarter, they are NOT more hard working, they just want you to think that because when you encounter them on the street and they tell you rudely to piss off, that perceived difference between the two of you is the only thing preventing you from retaliating. At least that's how they see it. I work with these people every day. The funniest part is most don't have NEARLY as much money as they think/act like they do...but yet they still support the agenda of the real rich very much so...

Archived