Toussaint rival John Samuelsen elected president of TWU

Harry

The son of "two working stiffs from Brooklyn" was elected president of the Transit Workers Union on Monday.

John Samuelsen, a vocal critic of outgoing Local 100 President Roger Toussaint, beat Toussaint's handpicked successor, motorman Curtis Tate, election monitor Dan Silverman said.

Samuelsen's "Take Back Our Union" won the top four officer positions, Silverman said.

The campaign promised a more democratic union - and a tougher stance against MTA management, alleging Toussaint was too timid in his approach after the 2005 bus and subway strike.

Story: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/12/08/2009-12-08_toussaint_rival_wins_elex.html#ixzz0Z6QvHkS1

post-1-133288581217_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581217_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this will be some welcome change.......not a sell out later on.....
Yes this is truely wonderful although I didn't vote for Mr. samuelsen lastnight I went to bed knowing that the membership as a whole has had enough of Toussaints administration well done Mr.Samuelsen and a round of Applause for the membership

He reminds me of poop
Can you say it's not what you know but who you know some of these Union Representatives don't know a damn thing I think a pre requist to becoming a union rep is you need to know labor law because i can better represent my self they just sit there and look like poor shit

He's said in the past he's a track worker. He doesn't know what bus personel need, or any other departments he has no experience with need, that's WHY they elect their own departmental reps.

A philosophy Roger couldn't comprehend..

If he follows that mindset, and we can re-build the union structure to operate as an effecient union does, we can get something done..

Archived