How do i become an MTA Bus Operator?

ciboii22

i am going to be 18 soon and i want to be a bus driver . i know i have to have a drivers lisencse . i want to know how do i get an ad or a phone number so i can call ulmer park ? because thats where i want to work or where do i get the application from ? . . . . please give me answers . or if anyone works at ulmer park i want to know any ideas .

You need a CDL (can't recall which type), a certain amount of years with a drivers license, you then need to wait for the MTA or MABSTOA/MTA Bus to administer exams for Bus Operator which are usually every 4/5 years. You will be randomly assigned to a depot.

You need a CDL (can't recall which type), a certain amount of years with a drivers license, you then need to wait for the MTA or MABSTOA/MTA Bus to administer exams for Bus Operator which are usually every 4/5 years. You will be randomly assigned to a depot.

You need a CDL B permit at the minimum, have a drivers license for at least 3 years. Like Julio said wait until the next bus operator exam comes around. The last NYCT Bus exam was in 2008. I know they postponed the next Mabstoa/MTA Bus exam. They won't stop you from taking the next B/O exam but you won't get hired at least until you are 21.

I didn't know bus buffs like ciboii22 wanted to become a B/O.

Archived