Why aren't there any bus routes that operate via the Throgs Neck Bridge?

Shortline Bus

hi. maybe someone can answer this question? why other than closings to the nearby whitestone bridge has the(MTA)not had a NYCT/(MTA)bus run full time via the throgs neck bridge? also would it not be easier to run the qbx1 or a new route via the throgs neck instead of the whitestone to also serve the Bayside and NE Queens area and thus increase ridership? i always felt that the q44 and qbx1 are redudant routes between Downtown Flushing and Bruckner/Hutch Pwy interchange.

if the qbx1 was rerouted or a new bronx-queens throgs neck bus line could be created it could also take off riders from the busy q44. what you guys think?

let the discussion begin. thanks

Buses will use the Throgs Neck in the event that the delays on the Whitestone are extreme. The thing is though, the Throgs Neck is kind of out of the way of areas such as Flushing, to which the Whitestone is closer. In addition, it has structural issues, which may render buses unsafe for frequent crossing.

Buses will use the Throgs Neck in the event that the delays on the Whitestone are extreme. The thing is though, the Throgs Neck is kind of out of the way of areas such as Flushing, to which the Whitestone is closer. In addition, it has structural issues, which may render buses unsafe for frequent crossing.

really:eek::confused:? than when i was last in nyc over the summer, it seems that the whitestone was under repair than the throgs neck. plus trucks use the throgs neck on regular basis as well so that span must not be in bad shape.

really:eek::confused:? than when i was last in nyc over the summer, it seems that the whitestone was under repair than the throgs neck. plus trucks use the throgs neck on regular basis as well so that span must not be in bad shape.

Over the summer, the Throgs Neck was closed to trucks for a long time because of constant fires and structural damage. They still let trucks run over it, but it is degrading year by year.

okay....there is some truth in that.....but wat exit would the bus get on to get on the throgs neck bridge?

ok I'm looking at the Queens Bus map and Google Map on my phone and I think I can answe it...

The Bronx-end of the bridge leads to Locust Point. Exit 9 NB is the Throgs Neck service Rd and it turns into Ellsworth Av. That street leads to Bruckner Blvd after about 2 miles, which is the regular QBx1 route.

The Queens-end of the bridge turns into the Clearview Expwy at the intersection with the Cross Island Pkway in Beechhurst. If you take te Cross Island WB, it turns into Willets Pt Blvd.

Archived