Hiring freeze on again

Meesh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got a 95...

Frist Open Completive T/O Test they had in 2000.

but back then, T/Os were getting ridiculous overtime right? so they probably hired like crazy to knock down the overtime. that situation is no more (i dont work for the (MTA) yet but i read Motorman Mike's post from some other website)

but back then, T/Os were getting ridiculous overtime right? so they probably hired like crazy to knock down the overtime. that situation is no more (i dont work for the (MTA) yet but i read Motorman Mike's post from some other website)

EVERY drop of it was blood money most of the OT invovled the (1) and (2) lines...

Guess where they was going..

Local all the way to ZooLots and Flatbush..

Lots of fun....

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/12/14/2009-12-14_mta_committee_approves_budget_cuts_that_slash_nyc_subway_bus_services.html

the positions to be laid off are station agents, bus drivers, and bus mechanics. its a sad day for transit workers, indeed ;)

I cannot blast the (MTA) Board members they are unpaid and do the best that they can. I must say it is the poition of the Chairman/CEO and the Agency, Presidents who I find fault in. check out SeethroughNY.com locomotion put me onto that site you will find management going over their actual salary.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/12/14/2009-12-14_mta_committee_approves_budget_cuts_that_slash_nyc_subway_bus_services.html

the positions to be laid off are station agents, bus drivers, and bus mechanics. its a sad day for transit workers, indeed ;)

Since B/O's have the most workers out of any title in the MTA, most of the layoffs will come from there.

Remember it was Mr. Toussaint who gave up the "no layoffs" clause a few years ago.B)

Since B/O's have the most workers out of any title in the MTA, most of the layoffs will come from there.

Remember it was Mr. Toussaint who gave up the "no layoffs" clause a few years ago.;)

Hey Loco! I just got done reading the article, and that's some Sh***!!! Cuts on the (MTA) not looking good for straphangers in the coming new year. I bet that's why there is a hiring freeze for both cuts, and layoffs on transit workers. I knew deep down something like this was to happen with the economy still being bad these days... It's so rough out there looking for work, and now with the layoffs the unemployement rate will go up even more in the new year....

Wow. I cant believe this is happening.. So what does this mean for us new guys/gals coming in? I am on my 7th day of training tomorrow( B/O ), expected to be given the green light to go to line training.. Does this mean I'm not going to have a job? I would assume, being with the least seniority, we would be the first to be let go...????

wow. that really sux.. well, laid off doesnt mean fired, right? I'll just have to weather the storm...

You're from the MABSTOA list right? They along with MTA Bus don't have civil service status like NYCT does, so they will be the first to be laid off and last to be called back.

Being laid off doesn't mean you will be fired, it's not your fault. You will be "temporarily" unemployed.

they will probably lay off people who have not passed 1 year first. then traffic checkers, station agents, cleaners and maybe rookie B/O's. they also might not get rid of people but not fill open spots left by people that retired or got fired.

I cannot blast the (MTA) Board members they are unpaid and do the best that they can. I must say it is the poition of the Chairman/CEO and the Agency, Presidents who I find fault in. check out SeethroughNY.com locomotion put me onto that site you will find management going over their actual salary.

The MTA Board members are "appointed" by the Governor and approved by the New York State Senate. These are wealthy people with political connections who never take mass transit. They get free E-ZPasses. So they are fair game to be blasted away.:tup:

they will probably lay off people who have not passed 1 year first. then traffic checkers, station agents, cleaners and maybe rookie B/O's. they also might not get rid of people but not fill open spots left by people that retired or got fired.

dam thats not good im a traffic checker....

Archived