Your favorite "Speeding" place in the system

mark1447

Whats your favorite line or route where the train speeds and slows down. Like the Bronx Bound (D) speeding down 103rd Street and all the way down till it hits 116th St and slows down..

This can apply to SIRTOA too!

I know the t/o slows down for a reason but still you may like where it speeds and slows down from a range!

Mine!

Top Favorite: Uptown/Bronx Bound (A)(D)[More the (D)] speeding down 103rd street going up fast at 110th St and slowing down at 116th St. Most T/Os slow down when entering 103rd st, which is totally crap :P! Rest who does it well love it :cool: !

Rest:

-(5) White Plains Road Express speeding south of Freeman Street and slowing down north of 174th street[before hitting curve]

-(2)(3) (Or (1) whenever G/O) from 66th St to South of 59th Slowing down

-(L) From First Ave to Bedford[ONLY via ATO aka Automatic Train Operation]

-(5) from 42nd St to 59th St

-(D) From 161st Street to 155th St(To Manhattan and during PM Concourse Express northbound)

-(E) [Via Express from 67th to 71st Ave

-(A) Express [Via R32/R44] North of 42nd St entering Southbound

-<5> WPR Express via White Plains Road as Express on M track from Allerton Avenue to South of Gun Hill Road..

-(1) 116th St to 125th Street

-(A) From JFK to Howard Beach!

-(D) via Express on 4th Ave from Prospect Ave to Union Street North

Now you?:cool:

(C) from Lafayette Avenue to Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets. Despite some curvature, most T/Os will drive straight through as of it's nothing, while some unfortunately don't. Jay Street to High Streets is another good one as well, especially when Slants took that curve!

Wouldn't be able to tell you because I didn't check when I rode it, but next time I'll take a peek and see. Or hopefully someone with knowledge can fill you in.

Cool, I know that the max governed speed on the R143 is 55, but I think with ATO they can go faster. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

(A) from Euclid to Broadway Junction; from 59th to 125th.

(4) from Franklin to Atlantic; from Brooklyn Bridge to 14th (sometimes i wish it would blow right through its curves) and then to 42nd.

(E) from Queens Plaza to Roosevelt Ave and then to Forest Hills (or vice versa...but only during the early afternoon hours. Rush hour is a DRAG. It's like AWW WE STOPPED...5 minute wait...YAYYY WE'RE MOVI...AWW WE STOPPED...10 minute wait...YAYYY WE'RE MO...AWW DAMMIT!

(NYCT)(A)

My top 10 favorites (in order)...

1. From 8 av to 6 av on the (L) BUT it has to be in ATO mode and leave 8 av from the Brooklyn-bound track. If you follow that correctly, you'll know why I like it the most.

2. The Brooklyn-bound tube on the (L) (again in ATO mode)

3. Queens Blvd express (Jamaica-bound). Once it gets to Woodhaven Blvd, the train makes a certain sound (all cars from R32 to R160)

4. Queens-bound 60 st tube (mainly (N) & (W) and not so much (R) cuz of that interlocking.) Seen many cars hit 60 mph and even an R32 hit 64 mph :P

5. Northbound Lex av express from Brooklyn Bridge to 14 st.

6. Flushing express. Nuff said.

7. (Z) express PLUS skip-stop, espically when they don't slow down in the stations

8. Rockaway flats

9. Northbound Lex av express from 59 to 86 sts

10. Fulton st express from Bway Junction to Euclid av

Lets see:

1. The Brighton express especially on a Manhattan bound train past Avenue H.

2. The Queens Boulevard Express (I also like how the Jamaica-bound trains slow down a tad bit at Elmhurst Avenue then pick up speed once again).

3. 60 Street tube

4. 53 Street tube

5. Lexington Avenue express (especially south of 14 Street with all of those curves!)

6. 7 Avenue express (but I can't stand that part right before 96 Street going northound!)

7. CPW express northbound (but only in an R32!)

8. (1) between 145 Street and Dyckman Street.

(4)/(5) downtown Eastern Pkwy EXP from post Grand Army Plaza straight into Franklin. Get a train without 2 trains in front of it, and you come speeding into Franklin.

(2)/(3) either direction from Times Sq to 72nd St. The new alignment here works wonders on speed.

(4)/(5) uptown only from Brooklyn Bridge to 14th St & Grand Central to 59th St. Again, good speed.

(D)/(N) uptown from post Prospect Av to post Union St (before the timers). I've gotten multiple trains almost breaking 50 on this segment. The downtown one isn't good for speed because the timers start @ 25th St as opposed to before it.

(N)/®/(W) 60th St Tunnel. Doesn't matter what train, what route, always the fastest in the system without a doubt for me.

Former (:P uptown from Kings Hwy to Newkirk Av. One of the T/Os I knew said that she was able to reach 50 by the time she got into Newkirk. Most of the ones I've been on have been in the 47-49 range.

(J)/(Z) Downtown EXP from Myrtle Av to post Lorimer St. Despite the short segment and the fact that it's ruined by the switch into Marcy, this downhill express is probably the greatest segment in the Eastern Division for me.

<6> Downtown EXP from Parkchester to post Elder Av. No timers, even downhill and uphill, trains go pretty fast here, and the R142As are smooth along it.

Finally, (E)/(F) Downtown from post Roosevelt Av to just after the curve onto the Northern Blvd EXP. I've never seen station mosaics go this fast past me other than on this express.

All of the above is just what I've noticed. I'm sure there are more (like the Jamaica Bay segment which hasn't been that fast for me recently). But it's what I've noticed.

(C) from Lafayette Avenue to Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets. Despite some curvature, most T/Os will drive straight through as of it's nothing, while some unfortunately don't. Jay Street to High Streets is another good one as well, especially when Slants took that curve!

I love that curve from Jay to High, but i think from High to BWay-Nassau is best, especially on a r32...Awwww man, i hope i can get one of em this morning. Thatll make my day!

(A) from Euclid to Broadway Junction; from 59th to 125th.

(4) from Franklin to Atlantic; from Brooklyn Bridge to 14th (sometimes i wish it would blow right through its curves) and then to 42nd.

(E) from Queens Plaza to Roosevelt Ave and then to Forest Hills (or vice versa...but only during the early afternoon hours. Rush hour is a DRAG. It's like AWW WE STOPPED...5 minute wait...YAYYY WE'RE MOVI...AWW WE STOPPED...10 minute wait...YAYYY WE'RE MO...AWW DAMMIT!

(NYCT)(A)

Yeah thats what pisses me of on the (E) during rush.. oh wait, damn i have to take it today.

(E) Queens Plaza (most of the time)-Roosevelt ave.

(A) 59st-125 st 8th ave express! gotta love a speeding R44 or R46:p

(J)/(Z) Queens portion

Archived