Fantasy Subway Map: Draft 1

CenSin

Akzidenz-Grotesk and Helvetica I use a combination of them to reproduce the signages. The (R), for example, isn't Helvetica, but Akzidenz-Grotesk. You'll see the Helvetica R sometime, but that's incorrect, though the MTA makes this mistake often and people see it as a "sanctioned variant."

Do you mean the PDF? That's what I'm asking about, because I want to know what font to make my station labels.:tup:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25

The current map uses different variants of Helvetica. If you want to know specifically which, download the map, right-click "Document Properties" and click the "Font" tab for a full list.

The current map uses different variants of Helvetica. If you want to know specifically which, download the map, right-click "Document Properties" and click the "Font" tab for a full list.

The subway bullets use a custom font, so you won't be able to figure out what font it is just by looking there. Rather, you'll have to examine and compare to find the best match. For me, the (R) looks closest to the one from Akzidenz-Grotesk; Arial will also make a fine substitute if you don't have the decades-old font.

• 9 years later...

How Bout This:

Late Night (1) trains terminate at Chambers St, running on a shuttle between South Ferry and Chambers St.

(2) and (5) trains switch roles. (2) trains run to Dyre Av, (5) trains run to Wakefield-241. Late night (2) trains run on the Dyre Av Shuttle while (5) trains run between 241 St-Wakfield and E 180 at Late nights.

(3) trains run via (2) to Flatbush Av on Rush Hours. Late night (3) runs from New Lots to Crown Heights. Original services on the (3) is still running.

(4) trains terminate on the (2)/(5) level of 149 St-Concourse on Late nights. Rush hour <4> service runs between 149 St-Concourse and Woodlawn, Stopping at Burnside Av.

(5) trains originate at Burnside Av on rush hours, <5> service between 3 Av-149 St and E 180 is withdrawn. New <5> service is between E 180 and Wakefield-241.

15 minutes ago, loveofelevators said:

How Bout This:

Late Night (1) trains terminate at Chambers St, running on a shuttle between South Ferry and Chambers St.

(2) and (5) trains switch roles. (2) trains run to Dyre Av, (5) trains run to Wakefield-241. Late night (2) trains run on the Dyre Av Shuttle while (5) trains run between 241 St-Wakfield and E 180 at Late nights.

(3) trains run via (2) to Flatbush Av on Rush Hours. Late night (3) runs from New Lots to Crown Heights. Original services on the (3) is still running.

(4) trains terminate on the (2)/(5) level of 149 St-Concourse on Late nights. Rush hour <4> service runs between 149 St-Concourse and Woodlawn, Stopping at Burnside Av.

(5) trains originate at Burnside Av on rush hours, <5> service between 3 Av-149 St and E 180 is withdrawn. New <5> service is between E 180 and Wakefield-241.

You new here? If so, welcome to the forums. If I were you, I wouldn't respond to any old posts or threads, if you have any ideas, post them here: 

5 hours ago, loveofelevators said:

How Bout This:

Will you be making a map of this? That’s what this 10-year old thread is about.

Edited by T to Dyre Avenue

This is so old, I don’t even have the source files anymore. Image hosts were crap back in the day. Couldn’t figure out which ones would stay in business. Now definitely bet on Imgur.

And this thread is probably giving away my age. 😂

1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

This has gotta be a new record for necroposting.

For this forum, easily. Though I’ve seen necroposting for threads way older than 10 years on other forums. 

12 minutes ago, CenSin said:

This is so old, I don’t even have the source files anymore. Image hosts were crap back in the day. Couldn’t figure out which ones would stay in business. Now definitely bet on Imgur.

And this thread is probably giving away my age. 😂

The OP was made exactly one month before I joined. Though I had been lurking on here for quite a while before that.