New hybrid buses experience jerking, smoldering heaters

Harry

CAS has been really taking care if their buses now. The 99 O Vs are always clean, some have the O 7NG LED flood lights at the doors..

O7NG Wise those buses are doing pretty good ( other than the Seagull S*%t all over the place..)

I agree. I see those 6000s on the Q32 and they are really clean inside and out.

Casey Stengel never really handled their Orion Vs too well, some were practically falling apart!

Keep in mind that almost a 3rd of what Casey Stengel received were ex-Staten Island Express buses. They were pretty beat up from the get-go

I was so pissed when I saw RTSs that came back from SI on the Flatbush routes. I think it was the 9500s, I'm glad they were eventually relocated.

Well I'm glad SI got the NGs [shame Manhattan got them now than to get brand new ones], but at least it meant not as many buses had to be swapped b/w SI and the other depots as often. And of course SI finally getting their act together and doing a better job in fixing up their buses.

I made the mistake of sitting in the front one day, this 300-400 pound man landed on my lap when he threw his self into the seat next to me, he was still occupying his seat and half of mine, he was just okay with it, I jumped up and walked away lol.

I like sitting in the back of the NGs because my feet dangle (and I'm 5'11") and its less crowded. I don't want a fire to start in back of me lol, that's why I start to pay attention when I hear those extra noises, beeps, & lights coming from inside that black part in the back of the bus (I assume its the engine) lol.

Those beeps, lights and noises are strategically placed fire bombs :P

sha0023l.jpg

nice . thats crazy 540,000$ . i heard about them catching fire .

Wonder how much those NovaBus artics will cost. Cause if around the same price, MTA should have ordered more of those.

Yeah and for the elderly who have problems climbing up the stairs. I'm sorry to say that's one group I don't like I had one of them call and make a complaint against me when they were infact in the wrong cursing me and telling me how to do my job and of course management went along with what he said without asking me anything

who ever comes on steer clear of Manhattanville real talk

Had one customer complaint when I was on the Bx19. GS sided with me though. No action necessary........

I have to disagree with 100% about the NGs being the cause of that problem on the Bx10. I took that bus from 239/Riverdale Av for 2 years and 231/bway or 238/bailey for the other 2 high school to and it was having issues even when the RTS were still there. The bus would never come on time (it'd either be 5 mins early or 10-15 late) the 7:52 at 238 would either come by 7:49 or with the 8:02 right behind it. By the time it hit 231 st there was no room at all and it essentially would go LTD to either Sedgwick or Bronx Science. The problem is the fact the route doesn't have the right headways so buses get stuck at stops and bunch miserably (ive seen up to 5 in a row).

The NGs do seemingly get packed quicker than an O5 but in all honest the Bx10 should be running artics during rush hours.

Looking at the design of the NovaBus artic, and its front to rear proportion, I will say as I said before KB needs to get alot of those (MTA should order lots more), those NG's at the KB should be sent elsewhere, and maybe only 3 NG's can be left for the Bx18 route. KB should be near 100% articulated. I like the NovaBus, as the rear isn't as long as the New Flyer, which should make turning very easy with that 60ft+ bus...........

Archived