Can someone please explain the reason for this....?

WannaBeMTA12

ill be at main st n roosevelt ave i hop on the q44 q20a or q20b.....what is that thing that every driver gets off the bus and the new driver taking over scrolls a number into that thing near the door...example:a bus pulls up it says 029...new driver scrolls the number to 089...like is that the sequence of how many buses....but this morning it was like 7am and i saw a q65 that said 327...so that couldnt have been the 327th q65 for that day......idk can someone plz enlighten me. for (MTA) NYC Bus its usually 3 numbers....but (MTA) Bus ive seen 4.

I think it is most likly their badge number so customers can contact the (MTA) about compliments or complaints...

No, its just their run number which is on their assignment card, aka Paddle Report (or something like that.) A badge number is 5 digits, not 3.

I think it is most likly their badge number so customers can contact the (MTA) about compliments or complaints...

No its our run number we have 118 runs on the 44/20 plus what ever school pieces

When you see a bus with 327 its a Misc 327 which does 1 line his 1st half and another line his 2nd half.

Archived