Financially challenged MTA looks to slash bus routes, cut W, Z subway lines

Harry

It mentions in this article that the plan to shut down the(N) in lower manhattan was scrapped.http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/officials-city-bears-too-much-of-the-brunt-of-doomsday-cuts-1.1653476

oh ok some 'minor' good news.:tup: thanks for update info abba.

i still think late night that the (N)(R) should still skip Rector since its a 'ghost town' and both the (1) Rector West and (4)Wall St/Bway stations are both at most 2 blocks away.

dumb question guys:o. besides the proposed permement end of the (W)(Z) lines are the cuts such as the end of rush hour (M)to Bay parkway and the closing of weekend/late night (G)queens blvd service also on the table like in the oringal 'doomesday' budget at start of the year?

It will be some time around June or July '10 at the latest.

dont get too caught up in the mind game the (MTA) is playing with the public.

just because you wont see a(W)or(Z)does not mean you are losing service. the (J) will get the extra trains and crews that would have been (Z) crews. the same with the (N)and(W). remember the (1)/(9). the skips were taken away but the same amount of trains ran on the line.

I'll never understand why the Q84 gets cut, but the Q42 stays

the 42 stays because there isnt another bus route running around it except the 83 which runs with the 42 until 177st and liberty the 84 has the 4 down linden the 3 on farmers and basically the 4 on linden is a good 4 blocks away from the 84 on 120 ave which makes the 84 dispensable

the 42 stays because there isnt another bus route running around it except the 83 which runs with the 42 until 177st and liberty the 84 has the 4 down linden the 3 on farmers and basically the 4 on linden is a good 4 blocks away from the 84 on 120 ave which makes the 84 dispensable

But still the gap b/t Linden and Merrick in SE Queens is too big

TA should consider the following before finalizing the details:

1)Terminate R at whitehall st

2)Extend M to 95th st- Bayridge .

Permanent severance of Centre -Nassau-4th avenue link

should to be reconsidered.

Instead of cutting the (R) at Whitehall and riders from Brooklyn can still have access to the Broadway line, I would cut the (R) back to 9th Avenue, having it terminate on the middle track.

Instead of cutting the (R) at Whitehall and riders from Brooklyn can still have access to the Broadway line, I would cut the (R) back to 9th Avenue, having it terminate on the middle track.

they would never cut the (R) back from 95st because bay ridge riders want and deserve a one seat ride to mid town manhattan which the (M) does not provide and the (R) does provide

Archived