Cuts the MTA is likely to implement next year

Harry

Cuts the MTA is likely to implement next year include eliminating 21 local bus routes.

- At risk on weekdays are:

Brooklyn: B23, B25, B37, B39, B51 and B75

Bronx: Bx4, Bx14, Bx20, Bx34

Manhattan: M6, M8, M10, M18, M27, M30

Queens: Q26, Q56, Q74, Q75, Q84

- Overnight service on 25 routes

Brooklyn: B7, B14, B31, B45, B48, B57, B64, B65, B67, B77

Bronx: Bx10

Manhattan: M1, M2, M16, M22, M23, M42, M50, M66, M79, M96, M102, M103 M104

Queens: Q30

Cuts the MTA is likely to implement next year include eliminating 21 local bus routes.

wow. am i missing something as we just had this proposal right around this time late in 2008/early of the soon to be ending '09. dejuva all over again.

let me make it clear and i dont want any bus cuts at all. however if any had to be cut at all ,based on list by harry, only 'overnight routes' imo listed in no order need to go., the b7,b31 b37, q56, m8, m102 and b75(not the b67)should be reduced. all of those listed lines have nearby subway lines or other bus to replace it.

plus i dont understand if the cuts are needed why no 'express buses' are on this list for reduction for service imo. this is not a knock against outerboro manhattan express, they are needed. however imo before cutting local routes, the (MTA) should consider cutting underused off peak express lines. those that come to mind are the following routes such as the X27/28 Sunday service brooklyn-manhattan's bm4 bronx-manhattan (MTA)bxm4(bedford park branch)and the bxm6 should be on the chopping block. again not trying to pit 'rider vs rider' but if cuts are needed the local buses are not the way to go.

plus these routes on the endangered list again for permament cuts.

routes like the BX4, Q56, b39 and b37 serve riders who are disabled/ada that cant not use the subway as access a ride has it problems. not to mention a serious lawsuit by the ada community if these cuts happen.

albany is at blame here at both political parties have put 'rich people' and special intrests above the heart and soul of nyc the (MTA). sadly this time another huge bailout i think will not occur and thus some of cuts will happenr.:mad::tdown:

Again with the cuts.

They need to leave the Q84 alone, a lot of people in Southeast Queens rely on buses (and the LIRR), I saw a Q84 today and it was packed. I don't mean to keep bringing up the Q84 but what other alternatives are there?

I don't know what the Q30 is like at night but during the day its crowded.

There is going to be alot of outrage on the following bolded routes...

Yea why the B25?..its packed when i see it at times..the only issue with that route is that the bus takes to long to come and shows up when it wants to..

and why the Q56?

B25, B37, M10, Q26, Bx14 is endangered because it parells near or under subway routes

B25 runs cross along (A).

B37 runs near BMT 4th Av Line.

Bx14 parells part of (6) along Westchester Av and again bet. Buhre Av & Pelham Bay Park.

M10 parells along 7th Av and Central Park West.

Q56 travels along (J)(Z) route.

Even it follows subway, I agree that these lines should be not cut because subways are not fully ADA.

wow. am i missing something as we just had this proposal right around this time late in 2008/early of the soon to be ending '09. dejuva all over again.

let me make it clear and i dont want any bus cuts at all. however if any had to be cut at all ,based on list by harry, only 'overnight routes' imo listed in no order need to go., the b7,b31 b37, q56, m8, m102 and b75(not the b67)should be reduced. all of those listed lines have nearby subway lines or other bus to replace it.

plus i dont understand if the cuts are needed why no 'express buses' are on this list for reduction for service imo. this is not a knock against outerboro manhattan express, they are needed. however imo before cutting local routes, the (MTA) should consider cutting underused off peak express lines. those that come to mind are the following routes such as the X27/28 Sunday service brooklyn-manhattan's bm4 bronx-manhattan (MTA)bxm4(bedford park branch)and the bxm6 should be on the chopping block. again not trying to pit 'rider vs rider' but if cuts are needed the local buses are not the way to go.

plus these routes on the endangered list again for permament cuts.

routes like the BX4, Q56, b39 and b37 serve riders who are disabled/ada that cant not use the subway as access a ride has it problems. not to mention a serious lawsuit by the ada community if these cuts happen.

albany is at blame here at both political parties have put 'rich people' and special intrests above the heart and soul of nyc the (MTA). sadly this time another huge bailout i think will not occur and thus some of cuts will happenr.:mad::tdown:

Why does this have to be an express vs local issue? Why can't the MTA simply eliminate routes below a set ridership. I wouldn't mind the elimination of WEEKEND service on the BxM6, X27/28, or QM4 but weekday rush hour service is justified based on the ridership of these respective routes.

Why does this have to be an express vs local issue? Why can't the MTA simply eliminate routes below a set ridership. I wouldn't mind the elimination of WEEKEND service on the BxM6, X27/28, or QM4 but weekday rush hour service is justified based on the ridership of these respective routes.

my friend my forest glen. that is what i am saying before and agree that bus routes should be cut if needed based on ridership data.

B25, B37, M10, Q26, Bx14 is endangered because it parells near or under subway routes

B25 runs cross along (A).

B37 runs near BMT 4th Av Line.

Bx14 parells part of (6) along Westchester Av and again bet. Buhre Av & Pelham Bay Park.

M10 parells along 7th Av and Central Park West.

Q56 travels along (J)(Z) route.

Even it follows subway, I agree that these lines should be not cut because subways are not fully ADA.

agree. if most or all of these subway stations on these bus lines proposed to be canned were ada accessible then maybe it could be fair. :tdown:

:confused:

I live in the bx and drovethe Bx4 out of Walnut Depot. How in the world could they consider cuts on the Bx4(ho chi min trail) lol. With the service we had that was before the tandems came,and we still could"nt keep our headways. I had a early run that started about 5:00am had one quiet trip and then all hell broke loose, from the early morning pre-rush hour passengers ......to the regular morning passengers and school kid.......to the senior citizens and(after rush hour-mid morning) You worked like you were in vietnam. The other rough one was bx19. Many of the overnighters(hawks) have been lost in early cuts. The bx10 wish I believe has a hawk serves riverdale to montefiore hospital. I was told years again that routes that serve hospitals would have hawk service, but that went out the window years ago.:confused:

I live in the bx and drovethe Bx4 out of Walnut Depot. How in the world could they consider cuts on the Bx4(ho chi min trail) lol. With the service we had that was before the tandems came,and we still could"nt keep our headways. I had a early run that started about 5:00am had one quiet trip and then all hell broke loose, from the early morning pre-rush hour passengers ......to the regular morning passengers and school kid.......to the senior citizens and(after rush hour-mid morning) You worked like you were in vietnam. The other rough one was bx19. Many of the overnighters(hawks) have been lost in early cuts. The bx10 wish I believe has a hawk serves riverdale to montefiore hospital. I was told years again that routes that serve hospitals would have hawk service, but that went out the window years ago.:confused:

this is without a doubt political motivated in areas of the city that the (MTA)proposes cuts. it should be based as forest glen based on low ridership. yet areas of the city that are working class neighborhoods get the short end of the stick imo. while rider with express bus routes in areas with strong city council/state government ie Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst, South Shore SI, etc are untouched.

Does anyone know how, if the Bx4 and Bx14 are cut, how disabled passengers are supposed to travel along Westchester Avenue? The only handicapped accessible stations are Pelham Bay Park, Simpson Street, and 3 Av-149th (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Without those buses, it will be virtually impossible for disabled passengers to travel along that stretch. That is, unless they shell out extra money for Access-a-Ride.

And I have to agree with Grand Concourse. Do Riverdale riders really need a BxM18, a BxM1, and a BxM2? Let them take one bus into the city and travel from there. The rest of the Bronx has to do it. There are many express buses that can be cut.

Does anyone know how, if the Bx4 and Bx14 are cut, how disabled passengers are supposed to travel along Westchester Avenue? The only handicapped accessible stations are Pelham Bay Park, Simpson Street, and 3 Av-149th (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Without those buses, it will be virtually impossible for disabled passengers to travel along that stretch. That is, unless they shell out extra money for Access-a-Ride.

And I have to agree with Grand Concourse. Do Riverdale riders really need a BxM18, a BxM1, and a BxM2? Let them take one bus into the city and travel from there. The rest of the Bronx has to do it. There are many express buses that can be cut.

MTA gets reimbursed to those BxM buses, cutting those would not really save MTA any money in the end, just less money they get back from NYC. MTA should increase service on MTA bus and cut back on NYCT routes, NYC would end up paying more, but MTA would pay less.

Archived