Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Jamaica's R42s last run was yesterday

LRG

Apparently, no R42s have been spotted on the (R) or the (V) as of yet, which means that the last consist based out of Jamaica made its last run on the (R) yesterday evening completing at least one round trip before being taken OOS; the same consist ran on the (V) on Wednesday. If the train does not enter service by the P.M. rush then it's evident that Jamaica's R42s have all been retired as of yesterday, and the consist in the yard will be making its way to 207th Street tonight for scrap. So another lid has nailed the coffin shut, and now only two sets of SMEEs remain at Jamaica, the R32s.

It would be silly of them to keep this bunch of rusting 42's over here (ENY), instead of just moving some 32's over, so that there would only be one SMEE class pool left to deal with, and cars could be exchanged as needed.

It would be silly of them to keep this bunch of rusting 42's over here (ENY), instead of just moving some 32's over, so that there would only be one SMEE class pool left to deal with, and cars could be exchanged as needed.

I agree 100% with you on this. An exchange would be smart but the only way an exchange can happen is if:

1. The rest of the R32s at Jamaica come to 207th to make the (C) ten cars, but two sets of R160s come in to make such a swap possible, or else Jamaica will be short on cars.

2. The (C), like I said, goes full-length so it can run the R42s.

Even with the (C) at eight cars, the (A) runs two R32s during weekdays on average, so a 20-car swap could be done to give 20 R32s to the (J) and (Z) and 20 R42s to the (A), but again, it's best to wait until the (C) goes full-length first so ENY won't have to be bombarded with three car types, especially with their retirement less than a year away.

It has been confimed by subchat:

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=870734

Im happy it made its last run on the (R)

I dont get how they have 12 cars, unless they mean 10?

Well i guess there isnt any point to head to Queens County for shots.. I took my last ride on Wed and got Vids and pixs to load! Now on to East New Yorks R42s on the (J)(Z)!

It was fun riding the R42s on the (E)(F)(R) and (V). There's still 5 eight car sets of R42s for the (J) now.

Yeah and the (G) i think.. Now its all R32/R46/R160 for em, so sad to see em leave! RIP over there! Now to go to the (J)(Z) the official "home" of the R42s since the 80s..

I dont get how they have 12 cars, unless they mean 10?

Well i guess there isnt any point to head to Queens County for shots.. I took my last ride on Wed and got Vids and pixs to load! Now on to East New Yorks R42s on the (J)(Z)!

Yeah and the (G) i think.. Now its all R32/R46/R160 for em, so sad to see em leave! RIP over there! Now to go to the (J)(Z) the official "home" of the R42s since the 80s..

They probally mean 10,the 12 was probally a mistake.

Cant wait to see the pics! :cool:

and yes,they have ran on the (G) in the past

You know i wounder if Jamaica Yard wanted the (R) to have a final run on the R42 before it left yesterday since it was on the (V) for the last few days or so.. If that was the case that was a nice thing for the (R) customers :cool:

They probally mean 10,the 12 was probally a mistake.

Cant wait to see the pics! :cool:

and yes,they have ran on the (G) in the past

Let's see who will foam over this:

9f65e6f5.jpg

5af9bee0.jpg

b7097bb2.jpg

Note: these are NOT my pictures, they belong to Zach (Brighton Local). :cool:

You know i wounder if Jamaica Yard wanted the (R) to have a final run on the R42 before it left yesterday since it was on the (V) for the last few days or so.. If that was the case that was a nice thing for the (R) customers :cool:

hmmm,probally because it was originally planned for the Jamaica R42 to have its last run on the (V). I wish I caught that R42 :P

Let's see who will foam over this:

Note: these are NOT my pictures, they belong to Zach (Brighton Local). :cool:

Ahhhhh Memories :cool:

We better NOT forget the (A)(C) becuz these were first from them until they got transfered.. If im correct!

SO RIP for the (A)(C)(E)(F)(G)(R)(V)! Boy this year of 2009 a whole lot of changes for the B Div :cool:!

I think the (:P tooduring the early 2009 or was it 2008?

We better NOT forget the (A)(C) becuz these were first from them until they got transfered.. If im correct!

SO RIP for the (A)(C)(E)(F)(G)(R)(V)! Boy this year of 2009 a whole lot of changes for the B Div :cool:!

I think the (:P tooduring the early 2009 or was it 2008?

The last 60' car to run on the (:P BEFORE the R32 were the Slants; they left the line in February.

I agree 100% with you on this. An exchange would be smart but the only way an exchange can happen is if:

1. The rest of the R32s at Jamaica come to 207th to make the (C) ten cars, but two sets of R160s come in to make such a swap possible, or else Jamaica will be short on cars.

2. The (C), like I said, goes full-length so it can run the R42s.

Even with the (C) at eight cars, the (A) runs two R32s during weekdays on average, so a 20-car swap could be done to give 20 R32s to the (J) and (Z) and 20 R42s to the (A), but again, it's best to wait until the (C) goes full-length first so ENY won't have to be bombarded with three car types, especially with their retirement less than a year away.

Well, I didn't mean right away. Basically, it would be when enough 160's come in, and 46's are pushed to the (C), then there are enough 32's to make it 10 cars, and then as 46's keep +ming over, and bumping the 32's out, instead of retiring the first 50, just send them over to ENY and get rid of the last of the 42's.

Well, I didn't mean right away. Basically, it would be when enough 160's come in, and 46's are pushed to the (C), then there are enough 32's to make it 10 cars, and then as 46's keep +ming over, and bumping the 32's out, instead of retiring the first 50, just send them over to ENY and get rid of the last of the 42's.

I understand; I wasn't exactly pushing for them to be bumped so fast either if I had interpreted it that way.

Time to say farewell to another by gone era. The NYCTA trains will be standardized and have no character. I like the NTT but they are all the same. Before standing on a platform on any line you could expect something different. These days it's all the same. RIP R42s!(A)(:P©(G)(J)(L)(M)(Q)(R)

Time to say farewell to another by gone era. The NYCTA trains will be standardized and have no character. I like the NTT but they are all the same. Before standing on a platform on any line you could expect something different. These days it's all the same. RIP R42s!(A)(:P©(G)(J)(L)(M)(Q)(R)

Wait! R42s are still on the (J) and (Z)!!!

whats wrong with the subweay system becoming all 160s i like the idea at least everyone would get a new quality car when riding the subway

Archived