Jamaica's R42s last run was yesterday

LRG

Oh no, I don't think the R160s can cover the R46s, but I think right now the R44s needs to be concidered to be retired soon. [Not right away, but eventually.]

And there's still no actual plans about what the R179 will eventually look like. But I do hope it is at least 5 sets of doors so they will have as many as a 10-car train has.

I don't want to turn this into YET ANTOHER R179 thread so I will only make one clarifying post on the matter. The capital plan lists the retirement of the 272 NYCT R44s with 340 cars (60 feet) and of the 64 SIR R44s with 80 cars (60 feet). This can be either under a new R179 contract, or an R160 option order (both accomplish the same thing but a new contract would cost more $ and take up more time). This is still a couple of years of so there's no point speculating about it now.

Back on topic, now that the last of the Jamaica R42s have been retired the R32s are the next victims. Get your last rides WHILE YOU CAN! The (C) may not seem like a big priority right now since it's still 100% R32 but I guarantee you that some people will not decide to fan it until there's like 3 sets left and catching one (at a 10 minute headway) will be much harder. Same with the R32 (A)(R)(V) trains, since those will probably be gone in the very near future.

I don't want to turn this into YET ANTOHER R179 thread so I will only make one clarifying post on the matter. The capital plan lists the retirement of the 272 NYCT R44s with 340 cars (60 feet) and of the 64 SIR R44s with 80 cars (60 feet). This can be either under a new R179 contract, or an R160 option order (both accomplish the same thing but a new contract would cost more $ and take up more time). This is still a couple of years of so there's no point speculating about it now.

Back on topic, now that the last of the Jamaica R42s have been retired the R32s are the next victims. Get your last rides WHILE YOU CAN! The (C) may not seem like a big priority right now since it's still 100% R32 but I guarantee you that some people will not decide to fan it until there's like 3 sets left and catching one (at a 10 minute headway) will be much harder. Same with the R32 (A)(R)(V) trains, since those will probably be gone in the very near future.

The R32's from Jamaica are not going to be reefed, The (C) is going to need those cars, They can't touch them until the (C) becomes full-lengh.

JY used to be awful. Back when every train was a two car set and the R46s were not link bared, they would hide problems in the middle of a train with out fixing them. That was one of the main problems, but they have gotten better. As with anything there is always room for improvement though.

Jamaica is still awful! The trains are dirty as hell and the next thing you know, the brakes on the R160s are going to screech louder than the 32s.

I just saw an R42 on the V at Court Square - 23rd Street – Ely Avenue Station---- in tonight's CSI: NY episode :P

LOL!

Jamaica is still awful! The trains are dirty as hell and the next thing you know, the brakes on the R160s are going to screech louder than the 32s.

JY is not nearly as bad as it had been. As for the screeching brakes on R160s, that means nothing. Do you actually know why the brakes screech?

Archived