Wide gaps remain at 36 LIRR stations

Trainspotter

Wide gaps remain at 36 LIRR stations

Sixteen months after a Minnesota teen fell into a gap and was killed at the Long Island Rail Road's Woodside station in Queens, passengers still step over gaps greater than 9 inches - large enough for some people to fall through - at 36 stations in the system.

Although the LIRR earlier this month announced plans to install 1- or 2-inch metal plates at the base of every car door to reduce gaps, officials say that work will take an estimated two years to complete.

"A lot of people could be injured in two years," said Christina Diekman, 64, of Manhattan, who has spent more than three months recovering from leg injuries she suffered after falling into the gap at the Syosset station.

Full story: newsday_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - December 27, 2007

Well at least we know DOB2RTO is safe.

Ha. Good one!

You two shouldn't make fun when you both have (as my mother use to call my gigantic feet), monster mashers too :eek::eek::eek:.

I wonder if you two, myself, and the other fellow fatfoots, be able to mimick Jesus and walk on water. Just like a Camels toes are wide to keep it from sinking in sand, our feet should be able to keep us from sinking in water.

You two shouldn't make fun when you both have (as my mother use to call my gigantic feet), monster mashers too :eek::eek::eek:.

I wonder if you two, myself, and the other fellow fatfoots, be able to mimick Jesus and walk on water. Just like a Camels toes are wide to keep it from sinking in sand, our feet should be able to keep us from sinking in water.

LMAO!:P

Shall we call Criss Angel now?

Ok, who has the worst height to shoe size ratio?

Most likely me. My feets look even more out of proportion to my body size, height, and shape since I lost over 60lbs (went from 207 to 145) starting 8 years ago till now.

I'm a short, bigfooted, freak:jlvn635l.jpg

I like the quote at the bottom of this pic as I am half West-Indian and sound like dat at times mon.

Archived