1 Star Ranting

Sea Beach

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Youtube Name : Yankee5004, been rating several videos, including some of mine and a few well known Youtube Transit Names 1-2 stars.

NYCTF Name : R62A 1651 (Dont get it confused with 1991, totally different member), though he doesnt rate threads here cause I never see him online anymore....

On the YouTube side, there could be a bunch of people who does the 1 star rating, Yankee5004 is one of them. But like I said before, there will always be critics and haters out there....

I didn't know his forum name! Thank you! I'm good now, I did my deed so I'm satisfied!:P

Really, what does the New Year have to do with anything? Just because it's a new year everything changes? Sorry, it does not work like that, it's just another day.

We're supposed to be celebrating and be happy you know... I wouldn't want to be frustrated on what should be a GOOD day.

We're supposed to be celebrating and be happy you know... I wouldn't want to be frustrated on what should be a GOOD day.

Sorry, it was nothing personal against you. I just don't understand why people think that a new year is a fresh start. I have never felt that it was, but thats just me. Sorry again if it seemed like an attack on you it was not meant like that.

Sorry, it was nothing personal against you. I just don't understand why people think that a new year is a fresh start. I have never felt that it was, but thats just me. Sorry again if it seemed like an attack on you it was not meant like that.

It's all good, I'm only trying to keep the mood positive!

@Julio, INDman, Dan, Joe, and others: The problem isn't the rating of one star. The problem is the fact that there are people here who are knowingly ABUSING the system by rating almost everything one star. They are lurking the boards and putting up one-star ratings out of spite. Someone or some people are spamming the boards with this rating because they KNOW that people don't want those. And they have a right to complain because it's all over the forum for no reason. Also, to many, a one-star rating can be equivalent to an "F" grade. No one wants that, especially when putting up all the hard work here. Harry saw the problem and recycled the ratings to temporarily combat the problem. He doesn't tolerate anyone trolling these boards here, no matter how laid back he can be.

And on some closely-monitored forums, spamming threads with negative ratings like this isn't tolerated. I'm a part of a forum where if you spam people with one stars for no reason, you can get BANNED for this. This is also why the reputation system is tightly watched here.

@Julio, INDman, Dan, Joe, and others: The problem isn't the rating of one star. The problem is the fact that there are people here who are knowingly ABUSING the system by rating almost everything one star. They are lurking the boards and putting up one-star ratings out of spite. Someone or some people are spamming the boards with this rating because they KNOW that people don't want those. And they have a right to complain because it's all over the forum for no reason. Also, to many, a one-star rating can be equivalent to an "F" grade. No one wants that, especially when putting up all the hard work here. Harry saw the problem and recycled the ratings to temporarily combat the problem. He doesn't tolerate anyone trolling these boards here, no matter how laid back he can be.

And on some closely-monitored forums, spamming threads with negative ratings like this isn't tolerated. I'm a part of a forum where if you spam people with one stars for no reason, you can get BANNED for this. This is also why the reputation system is tightly watched here.

I wanna thank you for clearing that up! It might not seem like a big deal to some people, but it's a big deal to me, since us buffs go out there to enjoy our hobby and we can't because of people being nervous and stuff! We go out there and freeze/sweat to death taking photos and videos and to get a 1 star rating, KNOWING the vid is a 4-5 star rating is a huge slap in the face and a big F*** you!

You're welcome, Justin. I know you and others, including my friends Shane, Vinny, and myself go around the city taking photos and work HARD doing it. I haven't been hit with this spam-fest, but I did get hit with an occasional one-star idiocy before, so I definitely understand the frustration of getting spammed with one-star ratings by fanbrat trolls. There are sensitive people out there, who are individuals behind monitors, so having some fanbrat with a chip on their shoulder attack them with one-star ratings can affect them. I don't let it affect me TOO much. When I see the spamming, I assume that they're just pissed off or are jealous, so I laugh and take more shots to anger them further. (Of course, when I DO get one-starred, then I can e-mail everyone and tell them to five-star it for me. :P)

Archived