Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

A Searching Question

NX Express

For example, I click on the "Unread Posts" button. I see a thread, and immediately click on the "unread posts in this thread" link. There is one unread post, so I skim it, go to the top of the page, and click "Unread Posts" again. Then, something like this pops up:

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 7 seconds.

What is the point of the requirement? Or maybe I'm totally missing something.

For example, I click on the "Unread Posts" button. I see a thread, and immediately click on the "unread posts in this thread" link. There is one unread post, so I skim it, go to the top of the page, and click "Unread Posts" again. Then, something like this pops up:

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 7 seconds.

What is the point of the requirement? Or maybe I'm totally missing something.

It's just to slow down the search new queries a bit. You're probably searching too quickly and I understand that some results can be from just one new post in a thread. I believe its at every 20 seconds. This is the first time anyone has ever brought this up. Maybe I'll lower it to 15 or something.

Archived