Port Washington

trainzone

Nice overview of the station and track layout. How much post-processing (pp) did you do to these?

Thanks Joe! I really don't do any. I may adjusts my blacks on occasion, clear a photo up or two but thats about it. I don't take photos and spend hours in photoshop etc. after unless I'm going for a certain effect. I like shooting mostly in a cinematic style where my photos look like a movie. :cool:

I'm surprised. Exposure is fairly spot-on; sharpness is excellent. Did you use D-Lighting?

Well, my camera (Nikon D90) has D-lighting, and I use it, however I don't depend on it. I pretty much find my shot, to where it wont be too under or over exposed. I will take the same picture a few times in various settings until I get what I want from the photo. I don't use the auto features much, and when I do (if I'm not going for an effect) its the auto ISO. :) I set my own ISO when I want a certain look.

I dare you to get ENY and Nostrand station photos lol, you need like a bullet proof vest and at least 2 bodyguards minimum to not get killed or have your camera stolen in those dreary areas

There's still a good amount of trains passing those stations at night, weekdays and weekends.

Nice photos from Port Washington, always love to hang around there while my parents roam the town, ;)!

Thanks!

Great Pictures! Nice catch of the M3s. Haven't seen those on the LIRR in a long min.

I hear that quite often :P

I dare you to get ENY and Nostrand station photos lol, you need like a bullet proof vest and at least 2 bodyguards minimum to not get killed or have your camera stolen in those dreary areas

I got'cha! Will have some by Weds.! :) I'm from rough areas of the Bronx and Brooklyn, so the hood doesn't bother me none!

• 1 month later...

I was actually down in NY on vacation and was at this station earlier the same day. We ended up on the M3 into NYP and I shot some video out the front window. Nothing special to most of the people that get to see them everyday, but we barely have trains here at all on Cape Cod so it was extra special for me!

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them. :P

-Rick

Archived