What's Transit's uniform policy?

QueensCzar248

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
true,but sometimes that vest gets us discounts at some places when its lunch time.

Really? I've never gotten a discount anywhere, even when in full uniform or when I forgot to take off the orange vest when doing a G.O. Job. But then again I never looked for one or expected it either.

Oh it will keep you warm indeed. It's most likely the best uniform item they have made so far.

Well, I'll have to try it again outside then.. It is brand new, with the tags still on it.. I just got it recently and wore it for a 2 block walk, so I have no clue whether it'll keep me warm or not.

PS: I have the black one, not the red one.

I have been told i look "handsome" in that hat by the feeeemmmmmmaaaallllleeesss....

Dont hate the playa....:cool:

I heard a female say to her child, yes the lady is operating the train. Should have took a shoe padlle to dat ass............

I have to admit, I think transit uniforms are some of the most attractive uniforms out there. No one looks bad in them!

You need to see me in mines then. You'll fall in love..........

Even if the transit employee weighs 500 lbs?:)

All I will say is go to Pelham, and you will find a couple really big ones........

Please I made the mistake of going grocery shopping in uniform.

I was asked about the cuts and hit on by a ghetto thug chick I think she was dyslexic and read ATM not MTA !

It happens buddy. It happened to me riding on a (6) train. She got on at Soundview, and went to Whitlock. Asked about what is is like, saying her sister wanted to know, then getting off saying maybe I'll see you around sometime. I won't lie, I would have been a daddy now, if I were to mess with her.........

Especially if the transit employee weighs 500 pounds. ;]

I'm gonna hook you up, with one weighing that much.........

No parking tickets too from the looks of it.

I gotten a way with it, in Midtown Manhattan. Didn't feed the meter after the time expired. Most others got a ticket, me niente.........

Oct 1st - May 1st, is winter uniform, May 1st - Oct 1st, is summer uniform. You can wear the winter in the summer, but not summer in winter. Winter C/R's and B/O's long sleeves (or turtleneck for C/R's), and ties. T/O's long sleeves, or turtleneck. I have my B/O commando style zip up sweater, plus pants (same as C/R pants), and of course the T/O pants. I now wear my B/O pants, as the T/O pants are to short when I sit. All are TA issued.........

Oct 1st - May 1st, is winter uniform, May 1st - Oct 1st, is summer uniform. You can wear the winter in the summer, but not summer in winter. Winter C/R's and B/O's long sleeves (or turtleneck for C/R's), and ties. T/O's long sleeves, or turtleneck. I have my B/O commando style zip up sweater, plus pants (same as C/R pants), and of course the T/O pants. I now wear my B/O pants, as the T/O pants are to short when I sit. All are TA issued.........

So you can get stuff from different titles or your have to know a B/O willing to help you out?

So you can get stuff from different titles or your have to know a B/O willing to help you out?

Yeah, as long as the uniform was transit issued you can wear it. Just as long as it's not the wrong colored shirt. Like a T/O wearing a blue C/R shirt instead the pin striped one. Or a S/A wearing there old blue shirt instead of the white shirt. I wear the original non zip commando style B/O sweater, w/o any problems from a supervisor or superintendent I also get away with wearing my old red tie instead of the new grey tie they prescribed to S/A's.

Yeah, as long as the uniform was transit issued you can wear it. Just as long as it's not the wrong colored shirt. Like a T/O wearing a blue C/R shirt instead the pin striped one. Or a S/A wearing there old blue shirt instead of the white shirt. I wear the original non zip commando style B/O sweater, w/o any problems from a supervisor or superintendent I also get away with wearing my old red tie instead of the new grey tie they prescribed to S/A's.

You're wrong!!! You may get away with it but if they wanted to they can write you up. According to rule you are only allowed to wear the most current version of the uniform for your current title. It's in writing.

You can get written up for not wearing the current uniform.

I came from B/O and became a T/O, and since they never asked for the B/O uniforms back (they rarely do there, unlike in RTO), I still have my B/O stuff. All I gave back was my badge, with a smile on my face.........

If you don't come from a different title, you can make friends with others from other departments, have them go online to whomever the uniform supplier is, see how much whatever will cost, you can pay them, they can order it for you, and give it to you. I have been asked, cause some T/O's and C/R's, want the B/O commando sweater. The sweater has more of an RTO style to it, so i don't know why they never got them anyways. Oh wait, this is ass backwards NYCTA of the MTA...........

You're wrong!!! You may get away with it but if they wanted to they can write you up. According to rule you are only allowed to wear the most current version of the uniform for your current title. It's in writing.

Well that's almost what I said. An S/A wearing the old blue shirt would not correspond with being the current uniform, so you can't wear it. But me wearing the old red tie or the blue coat, or a blue commando style sweater would not be wrong because it is technically part of the current uniform. They never asked us back for the red ties or blue coats when they switched our uniforms to white shirts and grey pants. And the sweater should be ok since we wear navy blue sweater vest or cardagan sweaters. I've seen many people wear them that are not B/O's with out incident

I came from B/O and became a T/O, and since they never asked for the B/O uniforms back (they rarely do there, unlike in RTO), I still have my B/O stuff. All I gave back was my badge, with a smile on my face.........

If you don't come from a different title, you can make friends with others from other departments, have them go online to whomever the uniform supplier is, see how much whatever will cost, you can pay them, they can order it for you, and give it to you. I have been asked, cause some T/O's and C/R's, want the B/O commando sweater. The sweater has more of an RTO style to it, so i don't know why they never got them anyways. Oh wait, this is ass backwards NYCTA of the MTA...........

Well you should tell the ones that wants the commando style sweater to just go to a uniform store (Preferably Meyers on Flatbush ave by nevins st in brooklyn) and buy one, they cost $40 bucks and have an MTA patch from an old shirt sown on the right sleeve. That's what I did and you can't even tell the difference. The sweater they sell is the exact one B/O's used to wear before they switched to the zip up style sweater.

Well you should tell the ones that wants the commando style sweater to just go to a uniform store (Preferably Meyers on Flatbush ave by nevins st in brooklyn) and buy one, they cost $40 bucks and have an MTA patch from an old shirt sown on the right sleeve. That's what I did and you can't even tell the difference. The sweater they sell is the exact one B/O's used to wear before they switched to the zip up style sweater.

They want the zip up ones, not the pullover.........

DO the commando sweaters from Myers have the City's seal on the buttons? The last one I bought a few years ago for a Pipe and Drum Corps. I was involved with a few years ago did and they were gold colored. Would that be a problem?

DO the commando sweaters from Myers have the City's seal on the buttons? The last one I bought a few years ago for a Pipe and Drum Corps. I was involved with a few years ago did and they were gold colored. Would that be a problem?

No, the ones from myers don't have any seals or buttons on them. If you got one with any gold buttons or seals on it they could say something to you because it is not transit issued and sticks out too easily.

No, the ones from myers don't have any seals or buttons on them. If you got one with any gold buttons or seals on it they could say something to you because it is not transit issued and sticks out too easily.

Ah ok, after having several commando sweaters, they are the best thing ever.

To B/O s ,T/O s, and C/R s. How many of you remember when you could get written up for wearing white socks? The rule was that you had to wear black or dark blue socks unless you had doctors orders on file. I believe the LIRR still enforces this. Knowing this organization like I do they probably have supervision ready to check your socks and underwear next. All this while the management lets the contractors and consultants rip them off. Some consultant probably suggested what each employee should wear. IMHO Governor Ray Charles and Jay Walder should fire any supervisor who recommends hiring a consultant. If you're a senior manager in Surface, Stations, Car Equipment, or RTO why would you need a consultant to help you run your department ? Take a day or a week and go out in the field. Look around and you'd see where you need more buses, trains, cleaners or station agents. Talk to, not down to, the ridership. I would guess that most regular riders could do at least as well as these outside, non-patrons could. I'd wager that most people would prefer a clean, on-time train or bus, or a clean station over a slow ,dirty, inefficient system populated with employees in shiny, over-priced uniforms any day. Just my 2 cents.

Archived