What's Transit's uniform policy?

QueensCzar248

So the 70s-90s style uniform with the (NYCT) patch aren't allowed to be worn? I've seen senior workers wearing these shirts. I even saw a B/O on the Bx22 wearing a uniform with (NYCT) jacket, badge, and cap. Just wondering if it's allowed or if the uniform has to have the newer (MTA) logo.

As long as the Badge ID is correct it's ok but every depot has different Sup'T

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
What kind of driving gloves is a B/O allowed to wear? weightlifting gloves? mesh, leather, white gloves,lol?

I wore baseball. They say no gloves, but they know drivers don't like touching those steering wheels bare handed. Besides that wheel is more slippery steering it bare hand. Long as the gloves have grip, and aren't unreasonably huge (like winter gloves). Baseball, weightlifting, cycling, etc...., they had let us use.........

I wore baseball. They say no gloves, but they know drivers don't like touching those steering wheels bare handed. Besides that wheel is more slippery steering it bare hand. Long as the gloves have grip, and aren't unreasonably huge (like winter gloves). Baseball, weightlifting, cycling, etc...., they had let us use.........

I'd prefer wearing gloves anyway... Who the hell knows what kind of hands touched that damn wheel...

So the 70s-90s style uniform with the (NYCT) patch aren't allowed to be worn? I've seen senior workers wearing these shirts. I even saw a B/O on the Bx22 wearing a uniform with (NYCT) jacket, badge, and cap. Just wondering if it's allowed or if the uniform has to have the newer (MTA) logo.

Since there hasn't been a uniform color change, B/O's and C/R's can still wear their company issued (NYCT) uniforms.

What kind of driving gloves is a B/O allowed to wear? weightlifting gloves? mesh, leather, white gloves,lol?

on probation gloves are big NONONONONO

after probation they are still not allowed, but no one cares and wears them.

Since there hasn't been a uniform color change, B/O's and C/R's can still wear their company issued (NYCT) uniforms.

The rule or bulletin (I don't remember exactly which one) clearly states that you must wear the most current uniform so that makes the old patch no allowed.

You wore batting gloves? did you have a baseball bat under the drivers seat just in case... lol. They don't want you to ever be sick but a bus is an environment were germs spread easily. CPBO gave an excellent tip with the clorox disinfecting wipes. I know they have bus cleaners but if your working PM reliefs.....that bus will be filthy.

How about a steering wheel cover, is that allowed?

The rule or bulletin (I don't remember exactly which one) clearly states that you must wear the most current uniform so that makes the old patch no allowed.

I would have downloaded the bulletin to see what you were saying was true, but the employee portal has been down since the new website went up on Wednesday.

From what I understand, there is a bulletin as stated requiring CURRENT issue uniform garments to be worn.. Some of the ol timers have a long navy pea coats with the (NYCT) badges, full lapels & all.. I wish I could get one of those..

As also previously stated, depending on the observing supervisor, will determine if you get flack for improper uniforms.. I think the whole issue is BS, just a way to generate paperwork against employees. Set us up like the NYPD with a list of approved garments/styles, and we can do what suites us best..I never liked the TA trooper hat, I have a similar one with silver rabbit fur trim I wear when it gets below 20-25 deg.. It looks great with the issue winter coat..

Yea I want some old TA clothing too. All I have is current clothing, which sucks!

Also, are you allowed to wear non-TA issued stuff under the winter jacket? Or am I supposed to freeze to death?

As long as the outermost layer of cloths is TA issued and the most current uniform style you can wear anything underneath. Except you aren't allowed to wear the TA issued turtleneck underneath the regular uniform shirt.

You wore batting gloves? did you have a baseball bat under the drivers seat just in case... lol. They don't want you to ever be sick but a bus is an environment were germs spread easily. CPBO gave an excellent tip with the clorox disinfecting wipes. I know they have bus cleaners but if your working PM reliefs.....that bus will be filthy.

How about a steering wheel cover, is that allowed?

They started giving us disinfecting wipes also. I don't use them on the old SMEE trains, as I use my gloves when I am operating those. On the NTT, I wipe the MC Handle, the door latch, and the buttons (such as the door enabler), and the console switches. I don't use gloves when operating those trains..........

• 1 month later...
From what I understand, there is a bulletin Some of the ol timers have a long navy pea coats with the (NYCT) badges, full lapels & all.. I wish I could get one of those..

107p64m.jpg[/img]

2h80hav.jpg[/img]

eai05i.jpg[/img]

Old Supervisor's reflective pea coat with (NYCT) gold buttons and a police style badge holder on the left breast (no patches). It has a fur collar and it's honestly the warmest coat ever- it must be down.

Nice. I have to say, what TSSs where today is pretty shabby with that giant TSS patch and the baseball hat. This thing has class. :tup:

True...the TSS "logo" on the front almost looks like something you'd expect your friendly neighborhood auto mechanic to be wearing...

True...the TSS "logo" on the front almost looks like something you'd expect your friendly neighborhood auto mechanic to be wearing...

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how long ago this goes back, but randyo was telling me how some M/I's back in the day used to wear suits and blend in with passengers while on duty. Sounds like a beakie :tdown: ... also wouldn't seem practical if you had to go down to the roadbed.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how long ago this goes back, but randyo was telling me how some M/I's back in the day used to wear suits and blend in with passengers while on duty. Sounds like a beakie :tdown: ... also wouldn't seem practical if you had to go down to the roadbed.

Heh...darn there's a great photo I wanted to show you of a train running over the Brooklyn bridge back in the day and an employee in a full on suit walking the roadbed, but I can't find it...

Archived