Your Name: Origin and Pronunciation?

CenSin

What's your name's (or online handle's) origin and pronunciation?

I'll begin:

My online handle is pronounced [tɕʰʌnɕin] (in IPA). The handle was created back in 2005 ~ 2006 for an online game I played: International GunZ. The game has since died, replaced by its many offspring, but I kept the name and evolved it for my other online handles.

1. 天神 (never used)
  2. 천신 (never used)
  3. Cheon_Shin (naïve romanization of the above)
  4. CenSin (based on the Yale romanization system)

Now everyone else can share theirs! :(

What's your name's (or online handle's) origin and pronunciation?

I'll begin:

My online handle is pronounced [tɕʰʌnɕin] (in IPA). The handle was created back in 2005 ~ 2006 for an online game I played: International GunZ. The game has since died, replaced by its many offspring, but I kept the name and evolved it for my other online handles.

1. 天神 (never used)

2. 천신 (never used)

3. Cheon_Shin (naïve romanization of the above)

4. CenSin (based on the Yale romanization system)

Now everyone else can share theirs! ;)

My handle is pronounced the way it's spelled

S6301394.jpg

My handle name is FamousNYLover. It prounced as it spell.

I combine three words.

Famous, New York, Lover.

Just as my 2005 X-Mas New York Times Article titled "He Loves New York, and It Loves Him Right Back", and March 2007 issue of Japanese Volunteer Magazine SOTOKOTO (ソトコト) under article "Volunteer at MET", I love New York and I became famous with that.

My real name is Yuki (yûki/勇貴) Endo (endoû/遠藤). In Japanese, last name comes first for Japanese and first name comes last.

”yû(勇)” means "brave; courageous; valiant; valorous; manly; courage; bravely; valor: guts."

"ki(貴)" means "noble; exalted:high; precious; valuable; value; prize: esteem: you."

"en(遠)" means "far; afar; faraway; far-off; remote"."

"doû(藤)" means "a wisteria."

Thanks. They should have stickied it. :confused:

Dont worry about it man. There are threads that go 2-3 years that are forgotten.But the origin of my names starts with the St Louis Car Company which is my favorite railcar builder of all time(Go R44s),09 is for the year I became a forum member,and my A train avatar represents my favorite line and the First letter of my name(Austin)

RokuSix

"Roku" means 6 in Japanese... the "Six" part was just added. I live along the Pelham Line.

I draw human versions of the subway lines for my musical in anime-style, so I thought it would be interesting to look up the numbers in Japanese. This was back in 2007...

It's pronounced "Row-koo". If you can't pronounce "Six", then you should probably get Hooked on Phonics, if I may say so.

RokuSix

"Roku" means 6 in Japanese... the "Six" part was just added. I live along the Pelham Line.

I draw human versions of the subway lines for my musical in anime-style, so I thought it would be interesting to look up the numbers in Japanese. This was back in 2007...

It's pronounced "Row-koo". If you can't pronounce "Six", then you should probably get Hooked on Phonics, if I may say so.

when i was six, and someone would ask me how old i was, i used to say "I am sex years old" Embarrassing...

hey, wait a minute....

That's right. She's due in five days.

when i was six, and someone would ask me how old i was, i used to say "I am sex years old" Embarrassing...

Interestingly enough, 'sechs' is six in German; though pronounced more like "zecks".

It's pronounced "Row-koo".

I thought 'ro' carried a distinct "L" sound?

Archived