Some Stuff from the Prodigal Poster

Fred G

Nice shots!!!

When the new Madison, opened, CDOT said that a new Westbrook is under design. That immediately implied to me that the new Westbrook would be a high-level station, as the new Branford, Clinton, and Madison stations all replaced an old LL platform.

Why would they revamp a station that would be demolished anyway? Maybe because CDOT's long term plans involve double-siding all stations?

You never dissapoint (F)red :tup:shots .

Amtrak fast moving (M)onsters Wow

Thanks!

Your photos rock:tup::tup:!

Thank you very much.

Hot photos:p

Thanks!

Slammin pics Fred!

Thanks PATCOman

Most excellent shots Fred!

Thanks, Curtis; I like how you celebrate the W train :)

LOL

Anyways Excellent pix! First Acela is hot!!;)

Thanks bud!

Very nice!

How fast was 2006 going anyways (estimate)?

- A

Thanks, (A). I think track speed is about 90 through there but not sure and I don't think 2006 was doing that, maybe 75.

Nice shots!!!

When the new Madison, opened, CDOT said that a new Westbrook is under design. That immediately implied to me that the new Westbrook would be a high-level station, as the new Branford, Clinton, and Madison stations all replaced an old LL platform.

Why would they revamp a station that would be demolished anyway? Maybe because CDOT's long term plans involve double-siding all stations?

I think "revamp" might be overstating a simple paint job done to highlight the yellow safety line. I bet that cost the state about 50 bucks to do that maybe 100 :)

Archived