"Astoria Straphangers Outraged By (W) Train's Departure

EE Broadway Local

So the (1) is really gonna do that this summer?...guess i'll be usin the (R) to get uptown. At least they arent doin this during the cold season. During the warmer weather the extra walk might not be bad.

Yes, work is going to be done on the Cortlandt Street (IRT) side necessesatating that the (1) run to New Lots Avenue, (2) become local and (3) terminate at 14th Street. By then, if cuts are deep enough and effecuated, the (Z) could be gone and the (M) trimmed back to Broad Street rush hours and Chambers Street middays.

So the (R) will be handling Lower Manhattan all by itself???..I don't think thats a good idea...atleast not for rush hours

If they need to so desperately "cut" service why don't they just make the (W) a Rush hour only line

(Q)(R) remain the same

(W) operates from 7AM-10AM & again from 4PM-7PM

during that time the (N) runs express all other times local

ORR things can return to how they were in the 1980's with some (N) trains running local to whitehall and shorturning

Soo does this mean the (N) is going to be 100% Local (via Montague St) or via bridge then Local North of Prince?

And is the (1) going to New Lots full time or just on weekends??

I believe the (1) will be heading to New Lots full time since they have to close the way to South Ferry while they turn the Cortlandt Street shell into an actual station, which will involve other stuff being built over the current exposed-to-the-air "tunnel" in the WTC site.

Astoria....

Weren't these the same people that were outraged when the W began service....

Well they were outraged when (W) service bagan because it bypassed 4 out of 7 stations in

the Astoria area, when the (W) was introduced in 2001 it ran as the Astoria express in Queens during rush hours(peak direction)..stopping at Ditmars & Astoria Blvds and Queensboro Plaza only, bypassing the majority of riders.

The REAL Problem is, how are students like me going to get to school without a Metro? I can't afford to pay to get to school everyday. The school is going to be alot emptier. Some kids are going to drop-out completely.

Oh come on. If someone is that low income, it is extremely unlikely that they would do well anyway.

Archived