Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

"Super Express''

WannaBeMTA12

I believe the QM2 "SuperExpress" only stops at 36th St/6TH Ave (and I guess stops along 34th St before reaching 6th Ave) and then turns East on 36th St and heads into the midtown tunnel. There may only be 1 bus that does this around 5PM. The Wall Street QM1-1A has a Super Express which only stops on Water and Wall and then heads for the FDR Drive.

I have an example of a super express, say you are on the BM2 and its a super express, its their way of saying that that particular BM2 will not be making any stops in the downtown area. As soon as it hits 23rd Street, it goes straight onto the FDR and into the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel.

whats that exactly mean? i took the QM2 or QM2A for six months to n from Manhattan and i never caught one....wats the difference between a (for example) QM2 SUPER EXPRESS and the regular QM2 express?

Simply put, it's a notation for an express route that makes less stops.

Much like limited service for the same route #... to its corresponding local route.

I have an example of a super express, say you are on the BM2 and its a super express, its their way of saying that that particular BM2 will not be making any stops in the downtown area. As soon as it hits 23rd Street, it goes straight onto the FDR and into the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel.
I saw a BM2 super express one time, it was Manhattan bound. So I take it that it runs from whatever the last stop in Brooklyn is and goes strait to 23rd or something?

I saw a BM2 super express one time, it was Manhattan bound. So I take it that it runs from whatever the last stop in Brooklyn is and goes strait to 23rd or something?

in other worlds,it's midtown only bus,

The former Command bus super express means that it circumvents lower Manhattan. It stays on the FDR from 23rd to the Battery.

so does the rush hour only X-37/38 'super express' NYCT bus lines does for bypassing lower manhattan from sw brooklyn (Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst and Coney Island)for the regular X27/28 route.

so does the rush hour only X-37/38 'super express' NYCT bus lines does for bypassing lower manhattan from sw brooklyn (Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst and Coney Island)for the regular X27/28 route.

I mean, technically, it could be called a "super express." Instead, on the destination signs, they say "via FDR DR, via Madison Av," which basically says that it's bypassing Lower Manhattan. But the destination signs don't say "super express." Of course, that doesn't mean you can't consider it one, since it does basically what the Midtown-Only branch of the BM1-4 does.

Archived