Brighton Local's, O Gauge Inventory

I notice many members here, enjoyed my Youtube clip displaying my models, and I see many have Questions in regards to them and how they operate. To simplify answers I may have for your Questions, I will list all the O Gauge Trains I own, so anybody can pick a set, and ask me a direct question, based on the set(s) you choose/chose.

MTH Railking NYC Subway Sets

R-42 (D) Train (Blue & Silver), 6 car set with Loco Sound

R-42 (D) Train (Blue & Silver), 6 car set with Proto-Sound

R-42 (E) Train (Silver), 6 car set with Proto-Sound

R-12 (1) Train (White), 4 car set with Proto-Sound

R-12 (7) Train (Two-tone Gray), 4 car set with Proto-Sound

R-17 <5> Train (Blue & Silver), 6 car set, with Proto-Sound

R-17 (5) Train (Blue & Silver w/Graffiti), 6 car set, with Proto-Sound

R-17 (6) Train, 6 car set (Redbird;NO Silver roof), with Proto-Sound

R-17 Mets Subway Series (Redbird;Silver roof), 4 car set, with Proto-Sound

R-17 Yankees Subway Series (Silver), 4 Car set, with Proto-Sound

R-17 Rider-Work Train cars (Yellow w/ Black Stripes), 4 extra 'Dummy' cars (excludes the 1 car from set)

R-21 (2) Train (Redbird;w/Silver roof), 6 car set with Proto-Sound

R-26 (6) Train (Forest Green), 6 car set with Proto-Sound

R-36 (7) Train (Baby Blue;Worlds Fair scheme), 6 car set with Proto-Sound

R-62 (4) Train, 6 car set with Proto-Sound

LO-V Train (Red), 6 car set, with Proto-Sound

NW2/R-17 Subway Work Train (Yellow w/Black), 4 car set with Proto-Sound

MTH Railking NYC Subway Add-On Sets

R-17 Rider Work Train cars, 4 extra cars, mentioned above

-1 Hoisted on a flat car-

R-26 (6) Train, Single car, on flat car

R-36 (7) Train, 2 car add on Set, Mint in the Box, NEVER opened

R-36 (7) Train, 1 single car, on flat car

R-62 (4) Train, 2 car add on set

R-62 (4) Train, 2 cars on flat cars.

LO-V 2 Car Green add on set

NYC Subway Work Train Models

Besides the ones mentioned above, theres more:

MTH (MTA) Gondola with Junk

MTH (MTA) Triple Dome Tank Car

MTH (MTA) Single Dome Tank Car

MTH (MTA) American Crane Car

MTH (MTA) Boxcar with Generator

MTH (MTA) Engineering Car

MTH (MTA) Crane Car

MTH (MTA) Crane Tender Car

MTH (MTA) Operating Searchlight Car

K Line (MTA) Ore Car

K Line (MTA) -3- Double Dome Tank Cars

MTH MTA Premier NYC Subway Sets

R-1 (A) Train, 6 car set with Proto-Sound

R-32 DAP (D) Train, 4 car set with Proto-Sound

R-32 (N) Train, 2 Car add on set

R-40 Slant (F) Train, 6 Car set with Proto-Sound

MTA Long Island Railroad Cars

K line LIRR Passenger set:

MP-15 Switcher Diesel

3 LIRR Passenger Cars

1 Alco Diesel

MTA LIRR Add ons & Extras:

K Line LIRR- 3 Extra Passenger Cars

K Line LIRR- 5 Ore cars

MTA Metro North Railroad Cars

K-Line 4 Car Metro North Passenger Set

Lionel 2-Car M-7 Commuter Add On's

Septa

MTH AEM7 Locomotive

MTH 4 Car Amfleet Passenger Set

Lionel, 1997 Little League Set

4-4-0 Steam Locomotive

3 Boxcars

1 tank car

1 flat car

1 caboose

MTH Extras

Amtrak Genesis Engine w/ProtoSound

Conrail, Dash 8? Diesel

Brooklyn PCC Streetcar

NYC Transit Trolley

Railking Boxcar

Poseidon Aquarium Car

Conrail Bay Window Caboose

NY Central Bay Window Caboose

Lionel Extras

1 Amtrak coach

1 Pennsylvania RR coach

1 Sante Fe DASH 9 Diesel

1 Ontario Northland RS-3 Diesel

1 NJ Transit Ore Car

1 NY Central Graffiti covered Hopper

1 Sante Fe Dash-9 Engine with Smoke & Horn

1 Ontario Northland RS-3 Engine with Horn

Ready Made Toys

2 car Con Ed, Staten Is, NY Hopper cars with coal loads

On Order:

MTH MTA R-142A 7 Car Subway Set

*Perhaps, Lionel's 6 Car Metro North RR M-7 Commuter Set*

*Perhaps, the MTH MTA R-11 6 Car Subway Set with Blue doors, and a 2 car add on with silver doors&*

Im sure I have a few more freight and passenger cars stored somewhere, but thats about it for now..

Quick MTH MTA R-32 DAP Set Video:

MTH MTA R-1 Subway Set:

Your Co-Administrator

Zach

Hey Zach, I need to to tell you something serious:

I officially hate you!!

:( I'm j/k but that is an awesome collection and I'm looking forward to seeing photos :D

Question in regards to the tracks:

Since space was an issue, I had an idea about buying tracks and basically making it go around my room. Is it possible to mount the tracks at a high level (close to the ceiling) and basically making it operational from up there? How would I go by doing this? Thanks

Since space was an issue, I had an idea about buying tracks and basically making it go around my room. Is it possible to mount the tracks at a high level (close to the ceiling) and basically making it operational from up there? How would I go by doing this?

Are you talking about something like this but higher up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZMfcyrGQA

I met this guy at the HiRailers show and he has this layout going around the outside of his room. I thought it was great how he laid it out the way he did. He showed me the removable section that was in front of the doorway. He was a really nice guy. I wish I remembered his name.

Zach can tell you for sure what type of material and equipment you would need to make this happen at a higher level for your room.

Are you talking about something like this by higher up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ZMfcyrGQA

I met this guy at the HiRailers show and he has this layout going around the outside of his room. I thought it was great how he laid it out the way he did. He showed me the removable section that was in front of the doorway. He was a really nice guy. I wish I remembered his name.

Zach can tell you for sure what type of material and equipment you would need to make this happen at a higher level for your room.

Thats actually what I was thinking about, maybe higher but exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks Harry and that is a pretty cool video.

Holy crap, what an inventory!

Shall I dare ask how much you paid for all that?!?

I'm sure its in the thousands :eek: But from what I see, it looks amazing.

Hey Zach, I need to to tell you something serious:

I officially hate you!!

:( I'm j/k but that is an awesome collection and I'm looking forward to seeing photos :)

Since space was an issue, I had an idea about buying tracks and basically making it go around my room. Is it possible to mount the tracks at a high level (close to the ceiling) and basically making it operational from up there? How would I go by doing this? Thanks

Hehe. Thanks man. Yeah collecting for over 10 years now..

Okay Tracks, hmm. Well, im currently using the "Atlas O 21St century Track System", on my EL. They connect together with REAL looking "rail joiners", or "fishplates" if you will:

DSCN1937.jpg

DSCN2001.jpg

Atlas Switch:

DSCN2235.jpg

DSCN2088.jpg

40 inch straight section

atlaso.jpg

My Lower level, im using MTH Realtrax, they snap together. They have a plastic gray colored roadbed already attatched to them:

DSCN1947.jpg

DSCN1950.jpg

DSCN2256.jpg

mthrealtrax.jpg

mthrealtraxswitch.jpg

Shelf layouts are DEFINITELY possible :D, I always wanted one for me. If you plan on constructing a "shelf" layout, it depends on how much space between, where the track will be mounted to (the shelf) to how many inches to the ceiling, & your rolling stock. I enjoy the Atlas track, and probably won't change track systems for awhile; I recommend the Atlas. You would have to run your wires from the track on the shelf, right into your transformer, and your good to go..

Zach

Wow thanks for the response and the photos. I have a question, I am located in Queens and I wanted to know where are the best spots to get these trains, tracks, etc. at a good price? Is there an ebay seller who is reputable with these trains? How much should I pay for certain sets? Thanks a lot.

Wow thanks for the response and the photos. I have a question, I am located in Queens and I wanted to know where are the best spots to get these trains, tracks, etc. at a good price? Is there an ebay seller who is reputable with these trains? How much should I pay for certain sets? Thanks a lot.

TrainWorld in Brooklyn on McDonald Avenue for a start. I know you can take the (F) to Ditmas Avenue.

Here's a link to TrainWorld:

http://www.trainworld.com/map.htm

Holy crap, what an inventory!

Shall I dare ask how much you paid for all that?!?

Over the past decade, spending money on Trains, Tracks, Transformers, scenery, etc, lets just say I could be driving My Mazda 6 Fully equipped, paid off.:( OR a down payment on a house .

I go to Trainworld in Brooklyn. Take the (F) to Ditmas Avenue. Ive been going to them for about 7 years now. or you can go to their sister store in Long Island, TrainLand on Sunrise Highway.

For the sets:

How much are you looking to spend?

Which set? What years?

Subways? Freight? Passenger?

I need details! :D;)

There's a store near the (F) at Ditmas, they tend to have good prices., especially when compared to a basement on West 45th Street that suffers from what I call "Midtown Rip-off Syndrome".

There's a store near the (F) at Ditmas, they tend to have good prices., especially when compared to a basement on West 45th Street that suffers from what I call "Midtown Rip-off Syndrome".

Ken, he wants and arm and a leg for a model tree! lol, The Red Caboose? Lets NOT even go there! hehe

Ken, he wants and arm and a leg for a model tree! lol, The Red Caboose? Lets NOT even go there! hehe

I don't even go there. I go to Trainworld, despite the last time I went I felt like I was about to go to sleep on the train down and decided to take the B67 back to Jay Street for lunch.

For the sets:

How much are you looking to spend?

Which set? What years?

Subways? Freight? Passenger?

I need details! :D;)

Well I'm not sure about spending as of right now :o but I am interested in NY subway cars and work cars. Basically anything associated with NY subway/transit. I'm sorry for all of these questions but I have been thinking about this for a while. Seriously thanks a lot.

Well I'm not sure about spending as of right now :o but I am interested in NY subway cars and work cars. Basically anything associated with NY subway/transit. I'm sorry for all of these questions but I have been thinking about this for a while. Seriously thanks a lot.

Don't be sorry! Dude, Im here to assist you, into getting your foot-in-the-door to one of the worlds greatest hobbies! Us model railroaders enjoy bringing in new people, so please don't hesitate to ask!:D:D

Okay well if you put it that way :D. Here's just some items I saw:

1. I'm looking at a R-12 non powered work train (yellow) set for 139.99. Is that the normal price for a 2 car non-powered set?

2. I am also looking at a work train on a flat car for 89.99. Is this the normal price as well for a car on a flatbed?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTH-Flat-Car-W-MTA-Subway-Yellow-Work-Train-20-98365_W0QQitemZ140071812793QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How about this mega work train set here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTH-Subway-New-York-City-Transit-MTA-WorkTrain-Cars-5pk_W0QQitemZ110204176241QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTH-MTA-NW2-Diesel-Engine-Subway-Work-Train-w-LS-NIB_W0QQitemZ140169909217QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this overpriced?

Well since you are very experienced. How should I honestly start off?

Okay well if you put it that way :o. Here's just some items I saw:

1. I'm looking at a R-12 non powered work train (yellow) set for 139.99. Is that the normal price for a 2 car non-powered set?

2. I am also looking at a work train on a flat car for 89.99. Is this the normal price as well for a car on a flatbed?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTH-Flat-Car-W-MTA-Subway-Yellow-Work-Train-20-98365_W0QQitemZ140071812793QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How about this mega work train set here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTH-Subway-New-York-City-Transit-MTA-WorkTrain-Cars-5pk_W0QQitemZ110204176241QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTH-MTA-NW2-Diesel-Engine-Subway-Work-Train-w-LS-NIB_W0QQitemZ140169909217QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this overpriced?

Well since you are very experienced. How should I honestly start off?

1.) The R-12 Work Train Add ons, I would think you can probably shop around and find it for a price between $99.99 - $125.99

2.) The R-17 on the Flat, thats probably the basic price everywhere now. Maybe you can get lucky and find it for $10.00 cheaper, thats about it.

That 5 car Mega Work Train Set, NO!:D Definitely not a $500.00 Value yet. You can probably find the cars seperately and find a better deal.

The 4 Car MTA Work Train, now this set is in demand. I bought this exact set for $294.99 Back in September of 2002. It can be worth this much, but id shop around for this too.

Most beginners start off with a traditional train set, which includes:

Trains

Tracks

Transformer

But modeling purely subways, can be a challenge. There was in fact the Ready To Run Railking MTH NY Yankees and / or Mets 2 car subway set. This set was completed with:

2 R-17 Subway Cars . 1 Powered, 1 Nonpowered ( In the Yankee or Mets Scheme)

Circle of Track, and a Transformer.

Do you currently have anything to begin with? Tracks? Transformers? Train Cars?

Don't be a hater, be a collector;)

I'm only joking (or am I?), and I'm really torn between starting a collection or saving up in general since there is a lot of investment in a set/layout. I'll try to make a decision soon though. I am looking into that starter set that you mentioned, I see Trainworld/land has some still. (the dilemma if I do chose that route is whether or not I want Yankees or Mets :D)

Archived