Brighton Local's, O Gauge Inventory

I'm only joking (or am I?), and I'm really torn between starting a collection or saving up in general since there is a lot of investment in a set/layout. I'll try to make a decision soon though. I am looking into that starter set that you mentioned, I see Trainworld/land has some still. (the dilemma if I do chose that route is whether or not I want Yankees or Mets :P)

Yeah, collecting or starting to operate subways is a challenge. If one choose's not to purchase the Yankees/Mets starter sets, then you must purchase everything separate.

Just did. Love the Bronx announcements!

Cool.

Hello Zach I noticed that there are some cars on flatbeds. Can these be removed and can they actually run on the track? Thanks

Charles

Sure can. I do that with the 4 single subway cars I have, take them off the flatbed, and couple them up to the regular trains to make a 7 car train.

Awesome! Seems that R62 travels faster than all the others.

Yeah. The Lexington Avenue Express is known for that ;)(4)!

Wow that is an amazing video (I like the set with the mix of trains). One question, are you using "homies" as figures :)

Yes Sir. I used to purchase "people". I feel "Homies" are the way to go with a NYC Theme Subway Layout.B)

Yeah. The Lexington Avenue Express is known for that ;)(4)!

Yes Sir. I used to purchase "people". I feel "Homies" are the way to go with a NYC Theme Subway Layout.B)

But they all look like thugs, and NYCT is trying to get rid of them! Dunno how they gonna pull that one off.......

• 2 months later...

Wow..... I'm a little late to this post but........ I think i'm in love with Trains now! I've always liked to ride them, but never really got into them as much as the buses and planes. Now that all the NTT trains are coming in I feel like I've missed out on an important piece of history. Since being a member of NYCTF i have found myself wanting to ride the trains more often to try and tell them apart. My girl even thought I was a litthe "special" because of how I like transit, but now she see's that there are tons of people out there just like me. But on the other hand, she's kind of tired of NYCTF now, and says I have a problem! But I see it more like a healthy addiction!!:D Oh yeah, but don't get it twisted Zach, I'm feelin like TransitGuy now! I officially hate you!!!! LMAO:D

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

gentlemen all cars that are on those flat cars do run in the track. They are illuminated as well. All railking sets (numbered trains for the most part except for the (E) + (D) trains) start @ $300 with full sounds (ie station announcements, horn, & bell). Lettered lines (premier) sets start @$450 to $600 depending on the train style. R32(N) original blue doors & no grafitti (good Luck) The 2 different add-on sets should be $180 but are being sold much higher, with graff $500 as a (D). R1 (A) 4car powered set is $500 and the 2car is about $200. R40 (F) is $449 and the 2car is $170. The BMT standards are $400 for the powered and $270 for the add-on. The older the set the more $$$ you might have to pay. Another suggestion on ebay PLEASE DON'T BE STUPID AND PLACE A BID WAY BEFOR THE AUCTION ENDS YOU WILL JUST DRIVE UP THE PRICE OF THE ITEM. PLACE YOUR BIDS A MINUTE BEFOR THE AUCTION ENDS THEREFORE U EONT PAY AS MUCH!!! Ive gotten great deals this way.

Here is my collection as well for reference:

(1) R12 white 4car & 2car sets protosounds 2(complete set) 6

(2) R21 red w/ silver roofs 4car & 2car sets Protosounds 2(complete set) 6

(3) Low-V red 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(4) Low-V green 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(4) R17 Yankees 2car and 2car sets Protosounds 2 (complete set) 4

(4) R62 4car, 2car, 4 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 10!

<5>R17 silver/blue no graffitti 4car & 2car sets protosounds 2(complete set) 6

(5) R17 silver/blue with graffitii 4car & 2car sets protosounds 2(complete set) 6

(6) R17 no silver roof red 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(6) R26 green 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(7) R36 WF Teal/white 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(7) R17 Mets 2car and 2car protosounds 2 (complete set) 4

(7) Q-type World's Fair protosounds 2 3car and 3car set (complete set) 6

(A) R1 green 4car and 2car sets protosounds 2 (complete set) 6

(D) R32 w/blue doors 4car and both 2car sets protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(D) R42 w/blue stripe 4car and 2car sets protosound 1(complete set) 6

(E) R42 all silver 4car and 2car sets protosound 1(complete set) 6

(F) R40 4car and 2car sets protosound 2(complete set) 6

(MTA) Work train set NW2 engine, searchlight car, single dome tank car, & R17 car

(MTA) 2car, a flat cars with extra cars, extra R17 RD339, 3dome tank car, Rounded roof box car w/generator, engineering car, boxcar w/signalman, gondola w/junk load, american crane car, crane car, and crane tender car. As well as a K line 2 dome tank car. (Complete set) 18

LIRR GP38-2 w/Railsounds & smoke along w/6 amfleet cars (complete set)

LIRR Budd Car 2car and 2car sets protosounds 2 (complete set)

Amtrak Silver Spike (1989) FA-2 ABA with 6 cars

6-8903 powered engine 6-16013 combo car 6-16023 passenger

6-8466 non-powered b-unit 6-16014 vista dome 6-16033 baggage

6-8904 non-powered engine 6-16015 observation 6-16048 diner

Amtrak Metroliner AEM-7 w/ 4 horizon passenger cars (complete set)

Amtrak Superliner Genesis P32AC with 7 Superliner cars

Amtrak reefer, woodside reefer, mail box car, and bunk car

All Amtrak stock is phase 3...

New York Central ABBBA E7s with railsounds and smoke w/10 passenger cars

New York Central ABBA GP9S with railsounds

New York Central ABA F3 with protosounds 2 and smoke

New York Central Commodore Vanderbilt (gunmetal) railsounds & smoke

New York Central Dreyfuss Hudson 4-6-4 with protosounds & smoke

New York Central Hudson 4-6-4 with railsounds & smoke

New York Central Bershire 2-8-4 with railsounds an smoke

New York Central S-2 Electric with railsounds

New York Central Beep GP work train

New York Central Various rolling stock

Pennsylvania ABA GP9s with railsounds

Pennsylvania S-2 Turbine 6-8-6 with protosounds 2 & smoke with 5 R50B express reefers and 7 Madison cars.

Pennsylvania K4 Pacific 4-6-2 with railsounds and smoke

Pennsylvania Mikado 2-8-2 with railsounds and smoke

Pennsylvania GG1 with railsounds

Pennsylvania various rolling stock

Sounder F59PHI with railsounds and smoke w/4 21" bi-level cars (complete set)

CSX {3}SD70ACEs with protosounds 2 & smoke with 15 maxi-stack cars (complete set)

CSX SD40-2 with railsounds and smoke w/ 20 husky stack cars (complete set).

As far as making a train run around a room it is possible because I have mounted a track 7 feet high and it runs smoothly. I will soon post a video showing the easy feasibility of this project. I do sincerely apologize for the long post, but just wanted to show my railroad collection in "O" Gauge. Any questions...... Please.

Alberto

Here is my collection as well for reference:

(1) R12 white 4car & 2car sets protosounds 2(complete set) 6

(2) R21 red w/ silver roofs 4car & 2car sets Protosounds 2(complete set) 6

(3) Low-V red 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(4) Low-V green 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(4) R17 Yankees 2car and 2car sets Protosounds 2 (complete set) 4

(4) R62 4car, 2car, 4 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 10!

<5>R17 silver/blue no graffitti 4car & 2car sets protosounds 2(complete set) 6

(5) R17 silver/blue with graffitii 4car & 2car sets protosounds 2(complete set) 6

(6) R17 no silver roof red 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(6) R26 green 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(7) R36 WF Teal/white 4car, 2car, 2 flat cars with extra cars Protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(7) R17 Mets 2car and 2car protosounds 2 (complete set) 4

(7) Q-type World's Fair protosounds 2 3car and 3car set (complete set) 6

(A) R1 green 4car and 2car sets protosounds 2 (complete set) 6

(D) R32 w/blue doors 4car and both 2car sets protosounds 2 (complete set) 8

(D) R42 w/blue stripe 4car and 2car sets protosound 1(complete set) 6

(E) R42 all silver 4car and 2car sets protosound 1(complete set) 6

(F) R40 4car and 2car sets protosound 2(complete set) 6

(MTA) Work train set NW2 engine, searchlight car, single dome tank car, & R17 car

(MTA) 2car, a flat cars with extra cars, extra R17 RD339, 3dome tank car, Rounded roof box car w/generator, engineering car, boxcar w/signalman, gondola w/junk load, american crane car, crane car, and crane tender car. As well as a K line 2 dome tank car. (Complete set) 18

LIRR GP38-2 w/Railsounds & smoke along w/6 amfleet cars (complete set)

LIRR Budd Car 2car and 2car sets protosounds 2 (complete set)

Amtrak Silver Spike (1989) FA-2 ABA with 6 cars

6-8903 powered engine 6-16013 combo car 6-16023 passenger

6-8466 non-powered b-unit 6-16014 vista dome 6-16033 baggage

6-8904 non-powered engine 6-16015 observation 6-16048 diner

Amtrak Metroliner AEM-7 w/ 4 horizon passenger cars (complete set)

Amtrak Superliner Genesis P32AC with 7 Superliner cars

Amtrak reefer, woodside reefer, mail box car, and bunk car

All Amtrak stock is phase 3...

New York Central ABBBA E7s with railsounds and smoke w/10 passenger cars

New York Central ABBA GP9S with railsounds

New York Central ABA F3 with protosounds 2 and smoke

New York Central Commodore Vanderbilt (gunmetal) railsounds & smoke

New York Central Dreyfuss Hudson 4-6-4 with protosounds & smoke

New York Central Hudson 4-6-4 with railsounds & smoke

New York Central Bershire 2-8-4 with railsounds an smoke

New York Central S-2 Electric with railsounds

New York Central Beep GP work train

New York Central Various rolling stock

Pennsylvania ABA GP9s with railsounds

Pennsylvania S-2 Turbine 6-8-6 with protosounds 2 & smoke with 5 R50B express reefers and 7 Madison cars.

Pennsylvania K4 Pacific 4-6-2 with railsounds and smoke

Pennsylvania Mikado 2-8-2 with railsounds and smoke

Pennsylvania GG1 with railsounds

Pennsylvania various rolling stock

Sounder F59PHI with railsounds and smoke w/4 21" bi-level cars (complete set)

CSX {3}SD70ACEs with protosounds 2 & smoke with 15 maxi-stack cars (complete set)

CSX SD40-2 with railsounds and smoke w/ 20 husky stack cars (complete set).

As far as making a train run around a room it is possible because I have mounted a track 7 feet high and it runs smoothly. I will soon post a video showing the easy feasibility of this project. I do sincerely apologize for the long post, but just wanted to show my railroad collection in "O" Gauge. Any questions...... Please.

Alberto

Nice, I would like to see those cars! :tup::tup::tup:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't have the ones that have not been produced yet like the R142 and the R11.The R27 Lionel will be mine soon. Ive got the Standards, Q-types, Low-Vs, R1s, R12,R17, R21, R26, R32, R36, R40S, R42, and the Work train. Redbirds, Greenbirds, Bluebirds, Whitebirds, Graffitti, Non-Graffitti, Silver/Blues, Yankees, and Mets. Check Page 4 for my collection. Aslo add the LIRR Amfleet with GP 38. Sorry if you were asking Zach.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The infamous rip-off Caboose. He'll make you a deal, for your soul.

that guys a joke...he basically never helps any one and always has an attitude when you ask him a question....sometimes i feel like punching him in his mouth so i stopped going there....i usually go to white plains hobbies in white plains ny....i need to make a trip to train world

whats the size of your lay out?

and where can i find the R21, R62 and some mta work trains?

i really love you lay out dude...keep up with the photos! :-D

that guys a joke...he basically never helps any one and always has an attitude when you ask him a question....sometimes i feel like punching him in his mouth so i stopped going there....i usually go to white plains hobbies in white plains ny....i need to make a trip to train world

I think you quoted me by accident. :cool:

• 1 month later...

R21 = ebay

Work train = ebay

R62 = ebay

unfortunately these are older sets especially the work train and the R21 but they are available. Oh I almost forgot check SCAGS Electric train shop in Staten Island he may have these sets but he will charge you!!! Call him up. Good luck finding them. I have them and they are definitely not for sale. The R62 BTW is a 10-car set. Good luck.

Alberto.

Archived