Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

MN - Howbout Let's look at some BL20GH's

Fred G

If you're in the mood, that is. I'd like to show some recent pics of the BL20GH diesels, mostly on the New Haven division but maybe something on the Upper Harlem, too.

Let's start with 2 for the price of one and go from there.

32+BL20GH+125+and+127.jpg

Fairfield, CT

11+BL20GH+127+at+Dykemans+2.jpg

Dykemans NY, used to be a station that is just north of the Southeast station. In fact that was the first stop north of Brewstah.

08+BL20GH+115+in+Naugatuck+State+Forest.jpg

Just north of Beacon Falls CT on the Waterbury branch.

07+BL20GH+127+on+Waterbury+Train+at+Bridgeport+2.jpg

Night time in Bridgeport

08+BL20GH+112+in+Seymour+2.jpg

Seymour, CT

18+BL20GH+127+_amp_+129+along+Oronoque+Rd+in+Milford.jpg

Another double, this time in Milford on the Waterbury branch

09+BL20GH+126.jpg

Rare GCT shot

06+BL20GH+126+on+Track+28.jpg

GCT again, front shot. This was when the units were brand new and not yet in revenue service.

Thanks for looking.

Very awesome!

I was wondering, the radiator seems to have 2 sections, one big one for the prime mover, and one smaller one, i'm guessing the smaller one is for the HEP generator?

Also, amtrak7, the NYNH&H did run intercity trains between New Haven and New York and several other large towns & cities, including Boston!!! :cool:

- A

Nice Pics:tup::tup:

On the second to last pic, is that connected to that set of M2s? I thought those couldn't be coupled to M2s bec of the different couples

They would have used a "compromise coupler", it allows the MU's to couple up to equipment that uses a standard coupler.

Sweet shots Fred

great pics

Thanks!

Very nice Fred; the second and third shots are my favorites. The third is definite wallpaper material!

Thanks very much, Joe!

Nice shots!

The 3rd and 6th may make an uninformed person think that MNR runs intercity rail services!

It does, if you consider places like Seymour and Ansonia to be cities :P

Very awesome!

I was wondering, the radiator seems to have 2 sections, one big one for the prime mover, and one smaller one, i'm guessing the smaller one is for the HEP generator?

Also, amtrak7, the NYNH&H did run intercity trains between New Haven and New York and several other large towns & cities, including Boston!!! :cool:

- A

You guessed correctly on the radiators, Andy. Thanks for the compliment!

Nice Pics:tup::tup:

On the second to last pic, is that connected to that set of M2s? I thought those couldn't be coupled to M2s bec of the different couples

Thanks, they weren't coupled, the BL20 was just backed in there.

A++++ :tup:!

Thanks, Curtis :)

Excellent Fredrick! Why was the BL20s at GCT?

Thanks Mark! It was there as part of a promo and M-8 Mockup Display at GCT.

Nice shots Fred!!! I really like the fourth shot the most!

Thank you; I like Bridgeport station as it affords good photo ops both in and out of the station. The rent-a-cops can be a hassle but with common courtesy can be calmed down :P

They would have used a "compromise coupler", it allows the MU's to couple up to equipment that uses a standard coupler.

Sweet shots Fred

Thanks Jay; you're correct about the coupler and as it happens those cars weren't coupled but the loc was simply backed in close.

Beautiful Man! I got to get up to CT and check these bad boys out. I love them!:tup:

Thanks, Z! And yeah, you gotta get up here.

Archived