Layout Pics

Ken S.

Some pics of my layout.

2146848514_78c1f720f7.jpg?v=0

Erie Lackawanna U34CH 3352 she'll be used to power an extra (C) train down the :me: from Townsquare Station

2146053155_e5333d2493.jpg?v=0

Amtrak P32-8 514 heading to Binghamton, I just acquired this locomotive from Trainworld.

2146848394_d8d0cb279e.jpg?v=0

Amtrak 514 and EL 3352 pose for a group photo

great pics you have some nice model trains.

Actually these are some of the better units. The U34 and the Comet Is are part of the "museum fleet". They're kept in service simply to make score during rush hours and because that was the only way to get a cab car from NJT for the set. The coaches are repainted 5707-class cars, Sliders are basically a no-no as the following stations (on the layout) are equipped with high platforms.

Non-NJT

Townsquare and most stations west of.

:mbl:

Montville

Route 23

Willowbrook

MSU

Bay Street

Newark

Hoboken

:me:

Dover

Morristown

Summit

South Orange

Newark

Hoboken

The P32 as I said in the first post just arrived, I haven't even filled out the inventory card on it yet. Amtrak operates service between NYP and Binghamton/Scranton as well as the Lake Cities & Phoebe Snow.

740853073_8aacc1f075.jpg?v=0

Conrail F7A, Athearn model. The two GEs are Atlas models.

Very nice collection. I have a question though. Is it possible to link one of the freight locomotives to a subway set? (basically the loco powers the whole set). Thanks a lot for sharing, it looks great.

The Walthers cars are equipped with knucle couplers so you can use a diesel to "rescue" the train or use the cars for MOW. I use the Bachmann MDT as the NYCT work locomotive although a GP7 or GP9 has been assigned to subway MOW duties and once a CSX GP40-2 was used to push the train back to the yard.

2152701358_855e42a561.jpg?v=0

R17 6539 trailing a MOW train

2151909285_3399eca95c.jpg?v=0

Metro-North 4191, this unit has been causing problems on NJT and is assigned to the Kenilworth Line until further notice. The P32-8 was leased to handle mainline trains in its place.

2151909225_0b422673d4.jpg?v=0

Conrail GP40-2 3366 (CSX 4438) switching a local siding.

2152701204_aa1b032359.jpg?v=0

Comet I Cab Car 1523 (5123) leading the (M) into Townsquare Station. That M should be orange, not brown.

These are the internal designations for the various types of service provided by my railroad and the frequency of the service being operated.

(:P - Midtown Direct- Flemington, :me: Express (not modeled, no Walthers or decently priced Arrow MUs)

(C) - Townsquare- Hobokem Local via :me: (usually modeled)

(E) - Townsquare- Midtown Direct via :me: local (rarely modeled)

(F) - Used for Townsquare-Midtown Super Express serivce via Parsippany (not modeled, no Walthers R44 model)

(I) - Butler-Hoboken Local via :me: (not modeled, no Arrows)

<I> - Butler-Hoboken via :mbl: (rarely modeled)

(J) - Long Valley-Midtown Direct via Morristown (not modeled, only one electric loco available)

(L) - Long Valley-Hoboken Local (rarely modeled)

(M) - Flemington-Hoboken via :me: Express (rarely modeled, no Arrows, diesels rarely make trip)

(Q) - Ramapo-Midtown Direct :me: Express (not modeled, no R44)

(TB) - Long Valley-Dover-Hoboken via :mbl: (rarely modeled)

- Long Valley-Dover-Hoboken via :me: (not modeled, no Arrows)

(TN) - Long Valley-Dover-Midtown Direct (not modeled, no Arrows)

(U) - Internal label for Kenilworth Line (rarely modeled)

(W) - Internal Label for CSAO contracted operations in Bergen County (rarely modeled)

(Y) - Chester-Townsquare-Hoboken via :mbl: Express (rarely modeled)

(Z) - Townsquare-Hoboken :mbl: Local, weekdays only, other times use (Y) (usually modeled)

(NJT) :me: - Summit Turns & :mbl: MSU turns are modeled as needed due to severe overcrowding on trains.

Norfolk Southern Train H-02 operates as needed to switch local freight customers.

Hello,

Great Photos. Here are 2 photos of my tribute to NJ Transit SW1500 503. I used a Athearn HO Scale SW1500.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=632693

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=632694

Eric

Ha ha! That is so cool. Classic!

Ken might need some help with all that equipment he got going around. Make sure he has your contact information.

Are the lines electrified? :P

Except for "that part of the :mbl:", the Kenilworth Line, and CASO contract routes, all lines are wire and third rail. I'm still waiting for a B Division Car from Walthers so I can model the (A), (D), (G), (H), (K), (N), (O), (R), and (V). Although the (V) often uses diesel trains when needed.

Ha ha! That is so cool. Classic!

Ken might need some help with all that equipment he got going around. Make sure he has your contact information.

If I need motive power, I lease it from Amtrak and CSAO has rebuilt GP40s for the contract operations. (NJT)'s standards for maintenance and certain operating procedures differ from NJTA's procedures.

2159726544_b70dbd348a.jpg?v=0

CSAO (CSX) Freight on (NJT)'s :me: traveling towards Townsquare for a freight drop-off. I tried out a new setting on my camera, let me know what you think of it.

Yes! Much better. I was wondering what was up with them blurry images.

Yes! Much better. I was wondering what was up with them blurry images.

Otto at RR.NET suggested I try that setting after I posted a couple of pics there. Say, isn't that your CSX train? (NJT)'s AFAIK banned SD70s from operating on the :me: even though I tend to send a BNSF 9-44CW down to Oak Island.

2178699223_a68280581e.jpg?v=0

Amtrak 514 leads the (Z) into Townsquare Station.

2178699179_f83bc5e29b.jpg?v=0

CSX 4439 tows Amtrak 4 into and through Townsquare Station en route to Chester to operate on the (Y).

2179488856_2b27d8f518.jpg?v=0

NJ Transit Flxible Metro-D 1776 on the M10 route in Dover. I have a pic of what my version of downtown Dover looks like if anyone is interested.

Haha, I have that same Flxible model too.

Interesting enough, Montgomery Westside IBOA has that bus BTW........

Did yours have signs for the #1 route or the 29?

It had signs for the #1 route. As a side note the center doors on those Comet IVs are made from index cards. I didn't want to ruin the carbodies cutting them ot cut myself.

Archived