MTA train and bus service cuts: New Yorkers worried how they will get by

Harry

Bus and subway riders across this city - and disabled users of the MTA's van service - are starting to imagine how their lives will be impacted by widespread service cuts.

The Daily News caught up with three New Yorkers worried about how they'll cope if the proposed changes go into effect.

- Millard Bass, 79, had a dentist appointment yesterday just down the street, but he still needs to take the B75 bus - a local line on the chopping block.

The retired city worker can barely walk. For balance, he leans on a cane and pushcart more often used to carry groceries.

"I'm old," he said, head bent to the sidewalk as he shuffled to the bus stop at Seventh Ave. and Ninth St. in Brooklyn.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/12/18/2009-12-18__while_the_real_victims_struggle_to_get_by.html#ixzz0a2r0tcNY

post-1-133288581252_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581252_thumb.jpg

Actually the governor is only doing what he can to keep the entire state from going bankrupt. You should direct your anger at the state leaders that have done nothing on their part to cut spending for their voter base.

the governor just took 40 million away from the mta that was alloted for student free passes so its his fault too and when he passed the largest budget ever in albany last june in the face of these deficits

I'm not fearing the cuts, because I have a feeling they won't happen. If it does happen, we have to cope with it. There's no use of having bad feelings about it at all. My B4 bus is being cut on Weekends, I do have alternatives though. I'm sure others have too.

Archived