Which Are Better Trains Or Buses ????

ciboii22

witch are better to you buses or trains . my friend said trains are better and im like no buses are better . her mom works for mta and my uncle works for mta and i have bus division hats . and she has train deparment lol so she thinks trains are better than buses so witch do you think is best give me your best opinion on everything . tell me . . . . .

I've been more of a person who likes trains, but for this bit of time, I've been a total bus head. If I had the option to take a bus ride home from another borough to my house as opposed to the subway, I would take it. With the newer generation of buses taking over, the new bus smell isn't going to be the only thing I like over trains.

:confused:

For some strange reason this year, I'm getting to my destination faster by bus rather than subway, in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I tried riding parallel bus routes along the (Q) and I'm there like five minutes faster. I like them both though.
Bus travel probably seems a little faster due to sooo many train delays,especially from 12-9's( unauthorized personel on the tracks)

:confused:Bus travel probably seems a little faster due to sooo many train delays,especially from 12-9's( unauthorized personel on the tracks)

Actually, 12-9s are when people are underneath the train. They can either be alive or dead (the 137th Street incident in 2007) and it can happen to unauthorized or authorized personnel. Just a heads up. :)

lol . i take the umm Q line everyday . its about 15 mins from coneyisland to sheepshead bay . by bus its about 35-45 mins .

The (Q) takes 8 minutes from Coney Island to Sheepshead Bay. I rode the B36 bus going from Coney Island to Sheepshead Bay in the summer, and I get to Sheepshead Bay about the same amount of time, (maybe because the bus didn't pick up too many passengers)

yes your right . trains and buses are useful one way or another . buses might be down one day and you have that train right there or the trains cant run so you have a bus here . and by the way the N train is running manhattan bound on the D line .

lol . i take the umm Q line everyday . its about 15 mins from coneyisland to kings highway

fixed the statement for ya, champ.

The (Q) takes 8 minutes from Coney Island to Sheepshead Bay. I rode the B36 bus going from Coney Island to Sheepshead Bay in the summer, and I get to Sheepshead Bay about the same amount of time, (maybe because the bus didn't pick up too many passengers)

Depending on where you take/took it from CI to SHeepshead, yeh, maybe I could see that happening....

me, I've never been on a B36 that took 8 mins to get from Surf/Stillwell (in my case) to Sheepshead.... driver you had must've been leadfooting it the whole way through....

When I would go to Nathan's on the regular, after work... I'd take the B36... around 8pm, I would always catch the same driver... dude kinda looks like John Madden... nice guy, but he would crawl the hell out of that bus.... I take it to get to Nostrand av... and that normally took a 1/2 hour....

oh i see . im sorrounded by both but i love them both . it doesnt make a diffrence as long as you get to where you have to go . buses are a little bit of problems by getting stuck in traffic or the crazy people or the wheel chairs witch drive me crazy because it takes up everybodys time on the bus . but its apart of life .

I like trains but I like buses better, I've always ridden NYCB, Jamaica Bus (now part of MTAB), NJT, LIB, WMATA, Greyhound/Peter Pan, Carl Beiber, Disney, Queens Surface (now part of MTAB) so I've been exposed to buses more than trains. The only trains I've ridden were LIRR, WMATA, NYC Subway, & Disney.

When I lived in Silver Spring, MD I liked trains better (WMATA is fire lol), Glenmont was my station (2 stops past Forest Glen [i just realized there's someone named Forest Glen on NYCTF]) it looked so high tech compared to what I was used to at Jamaica Center.

I haven't used the subway in years (it's slow and far), it was always those old R32s lol. The LIRR is faster and closer so that's what I take when I go to Manhattan. My commute is the Q85/Q111/Q113 & Q44, all buses.

So it's buses for me.

Archived