Fox-TV maybe off the air on all Time Warner cable nationally due to contract dispute?

Shortline Bus

anyone here uses Time Warner Cable to watch Fox-TV shows? if you a fan of the NFL including the upcoming NFC division playoffs and start of "American Idol 2010' you could be out of luck. here news story of a contract dispute between Time Warner and Fox-TV that could lead to the tempopary end of seeing show on the station which is ch.5 in nyc starting as early as January 1 2010.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/12/18/2009-12-18_local_time_warner_subscribers_may_lose_fox_programming_like_american_idol_and_nf.html

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBC-Universal should shut down MSNBC because it is a ratings disaster.

:tup: for that ^

Say what you will of Fox News, it has more viewers than any of the other cable networks combined, and MSNBC is on the lower end of the ratings scale, the hosts are just petty, elitist maniacs and one of em even gets turned on by the president talking (Chris Matthews)

:tup: for that ^

Say what you will of Fox News, it has more viewers than any of the other cable networks combined, and MSNBC is on the lower end of the ratings scale, the hosts are just petty, elitist maniacs and one of em even gets turned on by the president talking (Chris Matthews)

Yup, love it or hate it, Fox News gets better ratings than the other news channels. It makes poor financial sense to not air the network.

Also how can anyone take wackos like Matthews and Olberman seriously? And what is with Olberman and his obsession with Fox news hosts like O'Reilly [eh, not that big a fan of] and Beck [mainly listen to his radio show]?

time warner should be ashamed of themselves knowing the nfc playoffs are coming and as a time warner customer their service sucks my cable goes out almost everyday and the hd channels skip and customer service takes 30 minutes to talk to by phone and their prices keep increasing. All time warner cares about is their profit margins not their customers and should be forced out the cable industry

time warner should be ashamed of themselves knowing the nfc playoffs are coming and as a time warner customer their service sucks my cable goes out almost everyday and the hd channels skip and customer service takes 30 minutes to talk to by phone and their prices keep increasing. All time warner cares about is their profit margins not their customers and should be forced out the cable industry

well my frriend you could have it worst and live with a cable provider that has according to most of its customers the worst cable tv service in the country, charles and james dolan's own cablevision.

also are you (nel) allowed to dump time warner and get direct tv or dish in your home or apartment?

They are a business, of course they are going to care about profits. They have to cater to their shareholders.

Ratings should be secondary to quality of programming, which fox news lacks utterly.

- A

that why imo the american news media cable news channels sucks as a whole because they put ratings ahead of reporting the facts.

a few years before he passed away walter cronckite stated how his bosses at CBS News complained at the high costs of $$$ to produce a daily newscast & sending reporters around the nation and globe.

back in the 1960/70's was the golden age of tv news when the facts only mattered on then only '3'' national stations that imo had little or no partisan in their reports on political news and not the senationalism that around on even traditional newscasts.

Of course, but that's what makes FNC so popular, as there's demand for it via decent ratings.

A true all news channel is something like NY1 or New12, but they run on loops every 30min-1hr.

concourse you aware that ny1 is owned by time warner which also runs cnn and cablevision owns news 12 right?

cnn could learn something from their nyc sister local station on reporting the news without the glamour. like it or not imo cnn was much better news station when ted turner owned it.

Yup, love it or hate it, Fox News gets better ratings than the other news channels. It makes poor financial sense to not air the network.

Also how can anyone take wackos like Matthews and Olberman seriously? And what is with Olberman and his obsession with Fox news hosts like O'Reilly [eh, not that big a fan of] and Beck [mainly listen to his radio show]?

ALL of the pundits...liberal and conservative...are self promoting and full of crap. Think for yourselves, don't let those idiotic morons try to do it for you.

well my frriend you could have it worst and live with a cable provider that has according to most of its customers the worst cable tv service in the country, charles and james dolan's own cablevision.

also are you (nel) allowed to dump time warner and get direct tv or dish in your home or apartment?

i wish i could live in a coop that forbids direct tv and has a bundle deal with time warner

They are a business, of course they are going to care about profits. They have to cater to their shareholders.

yes they are a business nothing wrong with turning a profit bit you should laso cater to the needs of your customer which time warner does not

concourse you aware that ny1 is owned by time warner which also runs cnn and cablevision owns news 12 right?

cnn could learn something from their nyc sister local station on reporting the news without the glamour. like it or not imo cnn was much better news station when ted turner owned it.

exactly time warner has turned cnn into the national enquirer all fluff no substance with ted turner cnn had more journalistic integrity

yes they are a business nothing wrong with turning a profit bit you should laso cater to the needs of your customer which time warner does not

Both sides are to blame for this one and of course when that hapens as is always the case the public and the ordinary citizen gets screwed.

ALL of the pundits...liberal and conservative...are self promoting and full of crap. Think for yourselves, don't let those idiotic morons try to do it for you.

I do think for myself and I listen to such shows mainly for 'entertainment'.

If I didn't think for myself I would be mindlessly supporting the 'global warming' thing. :(

true i read that the dispute is over carriage fees for the over the air network right now fox is getting 50 cents per cable subscriber they want to increase that to one dollar per subsciber. cablevision deal with fox came up two months ago and fox accepted fifty cents per subscriber

I hope FOX and Time Warner makes an agreement before the new year. I hope history repeat itself like in 2000 that Time Warner took away ABC. Plus other channels like Speed Channel, Fuel and FX maybe taken away due to the contract dispute. I don't watch FOX much but I mainly watch it for NASCAR on FOX and the Speed Channel.

Archived