Fox-TV maybe off the air on all Time Warner cable nationally due to contract dispute?

Shortline Bus

you make good points and as someone who enjoys '24' i can go to the Fox website Hulu to see the new shows of jack bauer.

however as a sports fan and the 2009-10 nfl playoffs starting, this is where many twc customers will be angry. watching the games in live 'real time' is what makes it so special and twc among the usa' largest cable providers, i am sure nfl boss roger goddell will not be happy that as much as 5-10% of the nation's viewers cant watch the post season. At least the super bowl in Feb will be on CBS.

I wish cable had a ala carte as i would only watch a few digital channels myself mainly news info and few others ie history channel, weather channel bbc america espn(despite the crap it shows sometimes) national geo etc

I am not a football fan so I can't speak to the NFL, but as a baseball and hockey fan I know there are packages at MLB.tv and NHL.tv that can be purchased online that allow you to watch games live. Perhaps there is something similar for the NFL?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dumb question guys: how much does abc/espn (disney) cbs/mtv/vh1

nbc/universal and wpix/cw get for both their 'local/free' tv and digital cable stations from per subcriber? Sounds like Fox and Mr. Mudrock imo is finally getting broke after for about 15 years 'overpaying' for the NFL, MLB and Nascar packages and using these increased fees to make up the $$.

FOX/Newscorp is having trouble because their movies are tanking of late, they haven't figured out how to turn a profit from the WSJ and Post (and Post purchases are falling), and their book publishing and other segments (particularly newspapers) are not doing well.

I am not a football fan so I can't speak to the NFL, but as a baseball and hockey fan I know there are packages at MLB.tv and NHL.tv that can be purchased online that allow you to watch games live. Perhaps there is something similar for the NFL?

That only works in your favor if your favorite team is not a home town team. If I were get it to watch the Mets/Yankees, I wouldn't be able to since they would be blocked out.

yup. it called the 'nfl sunday ticket' but it only available right now to Direct TV customers which is owned by Rupert Mudrock guess you got it owns Fox-TV/News Corp family.

The Sunday Ticket shows all of the out of town similar to the MLB and NHL pay per view packages that are only shown regionally in different parts of the us & canada and not on a national prime time game.

Ok, so what channels would be off the air? Time Warner Cable,Brooklyn/Queens channels.

5-WYNY,10-FX.43-Fox Business,44-Fox News,124-Fox Soccer,125-Fox Sports En Espanol...any others?

Thank God the Jets game on Sunday night is on channel 4. We have missed a lot of good games since they black out the NFL Network.

I also heard that Channel 9-My9TV, 123-Speed Channel, Fox Reality, Fuel, and Fox Movie Channel may go off the air. Some of the channels I don't care about but I need my FOX and Speed Channel for the upcoming NASCAR season. Also Fox Business News and Fox News is not affected since those channels are partially owned by News Corp.

That only works in your favor if your favorite team is not a home town team. If I were get it to watch the Mets/Yankees, I wouldn't be able to since they would be blocked out.

So then run it through an IP blocker and it won't be :P Come on Julio I thought you were a computer guy :P

So then run it through an IP blocker and it won't be :P Come on Julio I thought you were a computer guy :P

Surely you mean a proxy. :P

The TCP/IP protocol mandates that computers utilizing network services have an IP address, whether static or DHCP/BootP

good news for now. Under pressure from the FCC Chairman, several members of Congress and the public, TWC and News Corp; aka Fox-TV Family have agree to a extension on their disputed contract renewal talks late last night on New Year Eve Evening (12/31/09). Here the story.

However Cablevision customers in unrelated contract dispute dumped the Food Network.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/2010/01/01/2010-01-01_stay_tuned_fox_time_warner_cable_extend_deadline_as_they_continue_to_negotiate.html

i never thought i would say this but thank god for john kerry for putting the heat on both sides to come to an agreement without senate oversight i doubt they would have come to an agreement in the expedient manner finally a politician that does something for the public good

i never thought i would say this but thank god for john kerry for putting the heat on both sides to come to an agreement without senate oversight i doubt they would have come to an agreement in the expedient manner finally a politician that does something for the public good

There are more important things for a senator to be wasting their time on, like getting our economy back in shape not sending letters to Fox and Time Warner Cable.

There are more important things for a senator to be wasting their time on, like getting our economy back in shape not sending letters to Fox and Time Warner Cable.

Actually these powerful Senators like Mr. Kerry have staff as large as 50 people or more so if a little time is spent on issues like the TWC-Fox dispute that many people are concerened about i dont see an issue. the problem is members of congress spend too much time on the crtitical issues our nation faces.

Actually these powerful Senators like Mr. Kerry have staff as large as 50 people or more so if a little time is spent on issues like the TWC-Fox dispute that many people are concerened about i dont see an issue. the problem is members of congress spend too much time on the crtitical issues our nation faces.

If you don't see the problem then you got issues.

If you don't see the problem then you got issues.

No there is not a problem im sure as a politician and a senator they can do more than one thing at a time and with their big staffs they are elected to handle national issues as well as local issues and with many his constiuents in danger of losing a essential network Mr kerry got involved and helped the problem get solved im sure you would want someone representing you theat can handle a big national issues as well as local issues

No there is not a problem im sure as a politician and a senator they can do more than one thing at a time and with their big staffs they are elected to handle national issues as well as local issues and with many his constiuents in danger of losing a essential network Mr kerry got involved and helped the problem get solved im sure you would want someone representing you theat can handle a big national issues as well as local issues

Essential? TV isn't essential, it's a luxury.

good news for now. Under pressure from the FCC Chairman, several members of Congress and the public, TWC and News Corp; aka Fox-TV Family have agree to a extension on their disputed contract renewal talks late last night on New Year Eve Evening (12/31/09). Here the story.

However Cablevision customers in unrelated contract dispute dumped the Food Network.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/2010/01/01/2010-01-01_stay_tuned_fox_time_warner_cable_extend_deadline_as_they_continue_to_negotiate.html

All of these ploys they pull are just big show scams for the public. They do this every few years, some network rises their fee and then some cable or satellite company rejects it and you see a banner on top of the tv channel for weeks before the new year and MIRACULOUSLY there is an agreement made by the start of the new year.. This isnt the fist time they have pulled this crap. Its like others have said.. Senators and politicians shouldnt be wasting their time getting involved with this S%@t

cable may be a luxury but over the air stations are essential and should be accessible to everyone

Who said over the air signals were being removed? Fox is talking about removing their programming over Time Warner Cable. The over the air signals would still have been broadcasting.

Who said over the air signals were being removed? Fox is talking about removing their programming over Time Warner Cable. The over the air signals would still have been broadcasting.

Yes but if you have time warner cable you would no longer be able to receive the over the air signal for fox 5 and living in queens i think its a conservative figure but i believe the majority of people livng in queens have time warner cable and would be deprived of fox 5 and what do you think the fcc is for and its the senate and congress job to oversee the fcc and other regulartory agencies

Yes but if you have time warner cable you would no longer be able to receive the over the air signal for fox 5 and living in queens i think its a conservative figure but i believe the majority of people livng in queens have time warner cable and would be deprived of fox 5 and what do you think the fcc is for and its the senate and congress job to oversee the fcc and other regulartory agencies

Anyone can receive over the air signals. All you need is an antenna.

All TVs being sold now contain built in digital tuners.

you would be surprised how many people have older television sets that do not contain digital tuners thats why again the government gave out 50 vouchers for people to get converter boxes again the government got involved with a television issue. the fcc decided to make switch all television broadcast digital from analog

Again television is not a RIGHT. It is a privilege. Many people do not have TV's, even today. Many people did not have radio's when radio's were popular, and many don't have computers or the internet, even today.

If you don't have adequate resources for something, then you don't, and food and drink and rent are more important so that is a better place to spend your money. Better to eat and be sheltered than watch the last episode of some mind rot shit like the Real World or Jersey Whore. I find it interesting that many of the people complaining about how TV is their right were the same ones saying the MTA needs to pay for all students to get free passes for school at the taxpayer's expense. I am sick and tired of subsidizing everyone else, and that is all that happens. I don't feel like paying more on my monthly cable bill just because a few people don't want to wait out negotiations between TWC and Fox and TWC just "gives FOX what FOX wants" and raises my rates accordingly.

The level of complaining in this forum has just gone through the roof in recent months too. It's about time people started solving their own problems instead of complaining or asking others to do it for them.

Archived