Weather vs. Busfanning & Railfanning

Fresh Pond

I didn't know which one to put this thread in so I chose this one. Please everybody read...

Because of this nasty weather (I think its a blizzard) I advise everybody to not busfan and/or railfan this weekend. This snow, along with almost zero visibility makes it a very bad/dumb idea to go out. Unfortunately, as I write this, I'm on the bus going home and it is the worst. The bus is sliding everywhere, traffic is reduced to almost a crawl and me & the bus driver (we the only 2 people on this Q67) can barely see a block ahead. And the bus just slid back down the hill ;). Besides, all G.O's are cancelled everything is rinning local and the Arnines are cancelled. So please use common sense and try to stay indoors unless its really necessary to go outside. Thank you

I didn't know which one to put this thread in so I chose this one. Please everybody read...

Because of this nasty weather (I think its a blizzard) I advise everybody to not busfan and/or railfan this weekend. This snow, along with almost zero visibility makes it a very bad/dumb idea to go out. Unfortunately, as I write this, I'm on the bus going home and it is the worst. The bus is sliding everywhere, traffic is reduced to almost a crawl and me & the bus driver (we the only 2 people on this Q67) can barely see a block ahead. And the bus just slid back down the hill ;). Besides, all G.O's are cancelled everything is rinning local and the Arnines are cancelled. So please use common sense and try to stay indoors unless its really necessary to go outside. Thank you

imgaine if this was a weekday rush hour?:confused:

I'm on the q 25 bus 7232 got stuck on jewl ave we got out of that them when went to kissena blvd a q 17 and q 25 heading toward jamica both buses where side way blocking traffic they had a road op from cp talking to both drivers....its hard tryin to get up these hill .....

Yeah. Everything is going to be messy. The city isn't plowing the roads because of how hard the snow will fall overnight. Just hope the snow hasn't started freezing yet. I've spent at least 7-8 hours outside today for fanning and it's not nice freezing your butt off for a couple of pics.

If you have to go out, dress in layers.

Yeah. Everything is going to be messy. The city isn't plowing the roads because of how hard the snow will fall overnight. Just hope the snow hasn't started freezing yet. I've spent at least 7-8 hours outside today for fanning and it's not nice freezing your butt off for a couple of pics.

If you have to go out, dress in layers.

Agreed. I like to busfan, but not when parts of my body are freezing.

I agree with FreshPondDepot. Try not to transitfan during this horrific weather. Do it when it's much better.

And I'm taking my own advice. I don't plan on fanning until at least Wednesday.

There's this hill that the SB Q67 goes up right after it goes under the BQE approach to the Kosciuszko (spelling?) Bridge I call the "Death Hill" cuz its short (about 50 ft long) but the grade is very very steep. Even if it snows just a little, and the bus isn't going fast enough, its gonna either 1. Stall the engine or 2. The bus is gonna side back down.

Agreed. I like to busfan, but not when parts of my body are freezing.

I agree with FreshPondDepot. Try not to transitfan during this horrific weather. Do it when it's much better.

And I'm taking my own advice. I don't plan on fanning until at least Wednesday.

Here's a perfect example...this is just from waiting for the B26 to go home...

SN1.jpg

SN2.jpg

SN3.jpg

SN4.jpg

Thanks Fresh Pond Depot.

Before my American Roommate named Ralph passed away, he had job in friend's house in Scarsdale during the winter and there was snow.

He saw Bee-Line Neoplan Artic, properly W66 westbound trying to go about S-curve hill on Ardsley Rd, but due to icy condition, that bus has slipped just like you said, and it could not go anywhere.

Archived